Nike Memorial Day Classic in Nashville

The Tennessee Travelers will be hosting the Nike Memorial Day Classic May 27-29 in Nashville. The tournament will feature 15-u, 16-u, and 17-u brackets, as well as a middle school tournament. Close to 100 teams from all over the nation will be participating.

Games will be played at Ensworth High School, Ensworth Middle School, Lipscomb High School, Lipscomb University, and Franklin Road Academy.

Admission will be $5 per day.

For more information on the tournament, go to memorialdayclassic.com.

This is really a great opportunity for area high school hoops fans to see some incredible high school talent on display. Last year when this tournament was held in New Orleans, top high school players like Brandan Wright, Duke Crews, Ramar Smith, Kevin Durant, Twyon Lawson, and Spencer Hawes were playing, just to name a few. I'm sure the level of play will be very good this year as well.

You can usually get great seats up close at these tournaments which will give you a real appreciation for the incredible talent and athleticism that some of these players possess. When top players like this square off against each other, the intensity level is extremely high and it is fun to watch.

I heard that the M'boro Stars were supposed to be playing in the 15u Bracket. They should make a good run at winning this tourney and making it to Nationals in Detroit. Chase Dunn, Craig Nowlin, and John(Don't Know Last Name) should make a big impact in the Classic.

Edited by Ohs_Future

• 2 weeks later...

We're also trying to make it to Nationals by entering a super regional or going to some Div.2 thing

Let me share something with you about the Stars they will be a great team in time. They didnt get blasted in Kentucky. They won the Silver Division and the Tigers won the Gold. Tn. Travelers got blown out by Dayton Metro in first round and Stars beat Metro by 26 in finals. Yes they meet in Knoxville but they scheduled the Stars with a bunch of games like haveing to win six in a row to qualify. They went 5-1 and was dogged by the schedule of games in one day and then the Tn. Tavelers and Flight playing only 3 games to get in. Darn shame. Beat The Thunder by 20 in M'boro and they are in so what we all know what happen that morning in Knoxville. Matter of fact all weekend.

Let me share something with you about the Stars they will be a great team in time. They didnt get blasted in Kentucky. They won the Silver Division and the Tigers won the Gold. Tn. Travelers got blown out by Dayton Metro in first round and Stars beat Metro by 26 in finals. Yes they meet in Knoxville but they scheduled the Stars with a bunch of games like haveing to win six in a row to qualify. They went 5-1 and was dogged by the schedule of games in one day and then the Tn. Tavelers and Flight playing only 3 games to get in. Darn shame. Beat The Thunder by 20 in M'boro and they are in so what we all know what happen that morning in Knoxville. Matter of fact all weekend.

Who is on the Stars 15U team other than Jenkins, Dunn, and Joey Lee? I just dont know any of the players, their positions, size, etc.

• 2 weeks later...