5/19 Riverdale at Soddy

timbdp

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Umps this umps that...... so do you Riverdale fans not realize that it's the same way in Murfreesboro, Cat's strike zone is far larger than any other pitcher in the boro' especially for her curve ball on the outside corner. Is it the umps fault for Soddy Daisy's 11 hits off of Cat also?? Riverdale is an amazong team BUT they are by far not unbeatable contrary to what you may believe seeing as how you want to put this loss on the umpires. I am amazed by the Riverdale fans consistently blaming the game solely on the umpires. Obvioulsy the Riverdale bats were not on as much as in the past. There are MANY MANY things the Riverdale players could have done to change the outcome of the game. For example the hit past third that could have scored...... smarter base running would have either held the runner or broke as soon as the ball was hit. Either way probably resulting in a scored run. I honestly thought Riverdale was going all the way this year. Good job on a GREAT season. But good luck Soddy Daisy.

First, Blazingspeed, your team has been out for over a week. Good luck to you next year.

Second, Riverdale knew that the game at Soddy was going to be close and they would have to play perfect to win. There were two very, very good teams playing that night. Riverdale had a plan of attack to face Waters and for the most part executed that plan well. As for the play where the ball bounced over the third basemans head goes, you could not break for the plate on contact because there was only one out. You also think that when the ball takes a high bounce over thirds head that the ball is now in left field. Runner then breaks toward the plate. This time the SS makes a great play and gets us out at the plate. Next batter hits exactly the same ball and it goes into left field. As far as 11 hits goes, we had a no hitter into the 7th inning. Our defense played excellent on the night. In the seventh inning the strike zone tightened up(That is a fact!). We were unfortunate on two calls that would have gave us two outs. Were they right or wrong? Who knows, but I'm sure the umpires called it the way they saw it. If those two calls go our way does it change the outcome, probably so. The fact is two teams laid everything they had on the line Friday night for the right to play for a state championship. One team won and one team lost. I for one am proud of the way the Riverdale Warriors played that game. I also am proud that I could be a part of such an intense game. It is one of the best ones I've ever been in and I've been in alot of them. If Riverdale had of taken care of business on Wed. night things would maybe be different, but that is why you play the games. Bottom line Riverdale is looking at the tournament from the outside, unhappy with the loss and an end to great season, but not unhappy about the way they played at Soddy. On Friday night everyone there got their monies worth and some. When you win games like this, it makes getting to the state tournament something very special. Riverdale went back to work yesterday to get better and hopefully make the state in the near future!

I never complain against umpires or bad calls but I knew going in we could get robbed and we did.

Oh please...please......don't tell me about Riverdale fans complaining about umpires. Every team's fans complain.......Riverdale included.

I agree w/Blazinspeed.....Cat gets quite a nice margin on the outside curve ball during district games.

Riverdale--you had a great team this year. Good luck next year.

Riverdale went back to work yesterday to get better and hopefully make the state in the near future!

I have some advice for the Riverdale players and every other high school softball player:

There is a time for play, and a time for "Work". You are young and it's most certainly a time for you to "Play". Take a few days, or even better, a few weeks away from the sport you love. You will come back refreshed and the passion you have for the game will be increased. The obsessed adults in your life will one day realize how foolish they were to take the game so seriously. Enjoy the game, and your youth, because in a few years both will be gone. GOOD LUCK IN THE FUTURE AND KEEP THIS SPORT IN PERSPECTIVE!!!!

To the parents - Grow up!

I have some advice for the Riverdale players and every other high school softball player:

There is a time for play, and a time for "Work". You are young and it's most certainly a time for you to "Play". Take a few days, or even better, a few weeks away from the sport you love. You will come back refreshed and the passion you have for the game will be increased. The obsessed adults in your life will one day realize how foolish they were to take the game so seriously. Enjoy the game, and your youth, because in a few years both will be gone. GOOD LUCK IN THE FUTURE AND KEEP THIS SPORT IN PERSPECTIVE!!!!

sbt is both a wordsmith and a wise man. For once, especially parents, listen.

you will never get the parents to grow up as long as they are spending the equivalent of a college education to fund the summer teams and the travel and headacke that goes with this game and no matter what anyone says its not about the enjoyment of the game its about winning and if your in it for 2nd place you need to join the glee club.you are right about taken time away from the game and getting refreshed but i will never agree about the parents.that started from daughter coached softball teams that didnt have a reason for the parents as to why they played there daughter that was no good over the better players and the only excuse they had was tell the parents to stop talking and the game will better.

I have no dog in this race and wasn't there - but if she hit a line drive triple and was at third, how does she not WALK in to score on a "bouncing single over thirds head"?

How does she get thrown out by the shortstop on that play...? That would have given RD 4 runs and you might still be playing...

Just a question...

I have no dog in this race and wasn't there - but if she hit a line drive triple and was at third, how does she not WALK in to score on a "bouncing single over thirds head"?

How does she get thrown out by the shortstop on that play...? That would have given RD 4 runs and you might still be playing...

Just a question...

Cat did not heisitate, Soddy's short stop made of of the most incrediable plays I have ever seen. That just took the wind out of our sails! We are a better team than Soddy they just made some great or lucky plays and we didn't get any calls from the umps. I do know that the TSAA sends the umps for the Sectionals but the calls did go against us. If we had gotten some of the calls and their short stop was not making all those plays we would have won easily.