5/19 Riverdale at Soddy

timbdp

Umps this umps that...... so do you Riverdale fans not realize that it's the same way in Murfreesboro, Cat's strike zone is far larger than any other pitcher in the boro' especially for her curve ball on the outside corner. Is it the umps fault for Soddy Daisy's 11 hits off of Cat also?? Riverdale is an amazong team BUT they are by far not unbeatable contrary to what you may believe seeing as how you want to put this loss on the umpires. I am amazed by the Riverdale fans consistently blaming the game solely on the umpires. Obvioulsy the Riverdale bats were not on as much as in the past. There are MANY MANY things the Riverdale players could have done to change the outcome of the game. For example the hit past third that could have scored...... smarter base running would have either held the runner or broke as soon as the ball was hit. Either way probably resulting in a scored run. I honestly thought Riverdale was going all the way this year. Good job on a GREAT season. But good luck Soddy Daisy.

Why is it that Blackman is so jealous of Riverdale? You take every opportunity to bash its players. You cheer against Siegel in the Ooltewah ( Spelling??) game, dont you think you should support another team in your home town after your team gets put out? Did you know several of Riverdales parents that could not make the trip to Soddy went and cheered Siegel on? Dd you know Oakland parents went to cheer for Riverdale and some went to cheer for Siegel too? You do not know what went on at that game in the tiebreaker innings, so I dont want to hear your opinions. Oh , and if they did have 11 hits off Cat , there were no hits prior to the seventh, and there was a runner on second in the tiebreaker innings dont you think the score would have been a lot more than 4? They scored two runs in the seventh, zero in the eighth, zero in the ninth, Riverdale scored a run in the tenth, and Soddy scored two in the tenth to win with two outs. If things like a " pulled " foot happened , which it didnt, that is an error not a hit, and the list goes on. Cat pitched a great game, Riverdale girls played a great game, our coach did great too , so go bash somebody else.

Edited by swingaway

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

you will never get the parents to grow up as long as they are spending the equivalent of a college education to fund the summer teams and the travel and headacke that goes with this game and no matter what anyone says its not about the enjoyment of the game its about winning and if your in it for 2nd place you need to join the glee club.you are right about taken time away from the game and getting refreshed but i will never agree about the parents.that started from daughter coached softball teams that didnt have a reason for the parents as to why they played there daughter that was no good over the better players and the only excuse they had was tell the parents to stop talking and the game will better.

Catbiddle, and parents spend a fortune for education too, and they will never stop complaining about our school systems when kids like you write and spell as pitiful as you do on these threads..lol don't they teach proper english in ooltewah?, or do they just think if you can spell Ooltewah, you have learned enough..lol

Edited by Bleacherbum

Riverdale didnt choke in either game. In the game against Soddy we had a no hitter until the sixth. The umpire was giving Soddy a balls width off the outside of the plate and anything close high or low but we still were getting it done. He started out fine but in the seventh he was calling them way off. By the time Jp batted in the tenth it was so far off I am amazed we could contact at all. They had one hit in the sixth as our strike zone got tighter. To get a called strike the ball just about had to be in the middle of the plate or they had to be swinging. The trouble began in the seventh when the lead off batter singled to right. ( Blevens , she had previously struck out and hit two dribblers to the infield) We got the next batter out when she bunted. The next batter hit to our infield , and we threw her out easily by two steps. She was called out by the umpire. Since the first base streched ( standing ) for the throw Soddy's head coach argued and argued until the home plate umpire , who wasnt even facing the play overruled the other umpire and called her out. Pulled foot, and NO she did not pull her foot. The next hitter hits a bloop next to or short stop who bobbles several times but gets the runner out at second by three steps. Second, who has diven in to help , is not on the bag. Since both the short and second are on the base , our second base doesnt have her foot on the bag the umpire just stands there not giving a call. Our short stop holds up the ball but since she dove on the base the umpire calls the runner safe. Soddy then sends their runner home after the call. This is now two outs they will not call. The score is now 2 to 1 with one out and a runner on third and second. As we have no more stike zone but down the middle, The score goes on to tie up with a couple of infield bouncy things. They now have bases loaded with one out. Cat's strike zone gets smaller but she manges to strike one out and get an infield pop up. We get out of the inning. I feel the game was taken out of our girls hands. The game went on for three more innings. Our girls got out of one mess after another allowing no more runs until the tiebreaker in the tenth, when the Soody coach tried a fast one by placing number 21 on second , who is faster , rather than 12, thinking we wouldnt notice.

( By the way we were up 3 to 2 in the tenth when Cat hit a line drive triple to score the runner that was placed on second that had been bunted to third by Alice. Jelly hit a bouncing single over thirds head to be picked up by the short who threw Cat out at home. I think JP singled next with two outs, followed by outs by Kelsey and Whitens , who I think flew out to the out field, stranding our runner. )

I never complain against umpires or bad calls but I knew going in we could get robbed and we did. The girls shook their hands after the game and the parents who were enraged held back. Riverdale played excellent. They did not choke, if anything they showed nerves of steel.

The game was taken away from them when things got tight.

Riverdale played a great game, and I saw some great strikes thrown that didn't get the calls, and we was watching the home plate umpire when the play at first happened and you were right he wasn't even watching but he stilled over turned the call. Soddy came thru with some good hits in the end but I think that riverdale got robbed a few times too.

just so it's perfectly clear, those were out of town umps not " cliff's umps". and never ever again refer to us as " cliff's ump's" !!!!!!!!! nothing could be farther from the truth.

Clifford has been around softball long enough that most Umps know him no matter where they are from. And a good pitcher will get the calls way outside more than a so so pitcher will, I have seen it done. The more of a rep. the pitcher has the more she gets from a Ump. I'm not saying that all Umps do that but I've seen it done before. A Umpire tries to be fair but come on they are human too, they have feelings and know the teams. We was watching the home plate ump. at the Riverdale, SD game and he wasn't looking at first when the girl was suppose to pull her foot off, but he overturned it the minute SD appealed, the ump in the field did not have a good view where he was standing though.

Why is it that Blackman is so jealous of Riverdale? You take every opportunity to bash its players. You cheer against Siegel in the Ooltewah ( Spelling??) game, dont you think you should support another team in your home town after your team gets put out? Did you know several of Riverdales parents that could not make the trip to Soddy went and cheered Siegel on? Dd you know Oakland parents went to cheer for Riverdale and some went to cheer for Siegel too? You do not know what went on at that game in the tiebreaker innings, so I dont want to hear your opinions. Oh , and if they did have 11 hits off Cat , there were no hits prior to the seventh, and there was a runner on second in the tiebreaker innings dont you think the score would have been a lot more than 4? They scored two runs in the seventh, zero in the eighth, zero in the ninth, Riverdale scored a run in the tenth, and Soddy scored two in the tenth to win with two outs. If things like a " pulled " foot happened , which it didnt, that is an error not a hit, and the list goes on. Cat pitched a great game, Riverdale girls played a great game, our coach did great too , so go bash somebody else.

Actually just to get things straight, I was on Siegel's side at the Ooltewah game. So was every other high school Blackman softball player. The Blackman girls that we're sitting on the other side we're from the middle school. And i have not ever "bashed a player" from Riverdale, as a matter of fact i have played with half of the Riverdale's players since i first moved to Tennessee, it is the fans that i sometimes question. If i was bashing i don't think i would have ever said that i thought they we're going all the way this year. Or from previous posts said that they would be number one in district. And i can remember myself telling people repeatedly that yall we're going all the way. And by the way I respect your coach A LOT considering what he has done to your program. So unless your talking about another Blackman fan on the T, you need to get your facts straight. And the Daily News Journal recorded 11 hits.

Oh and "Raiderone" since my team has been out for a week makes my opinion not matter?????

Riverdale didnt choke in either game. In the game against Soddy we had a no hitter until the sixth. The umpire was giving Soddy a balls width off the outside of the plate and anything close high or low but we still were getting it done. He started out fine but in the seventh he was calling them way off. By the time Jp batted in the tenth it was so far off I am amazed we could contact at all. They had one hit in the sixth as our strike zone got tighter. To get a called strike the ball just about had to be in the middle of the plate or they had to be swinging. The trouble began in the seventh when the lead off batter singled to right. ( Blevens , she had previously struck out and hit two dribblers to the infield) We got the next batter out when she bunted. The next batter hit to our infield , and we threw her out easily by two steps. She was called out by the umpire. Since the first base streched ( standing ) for the throw Soddy's head coach argued and argued until the home plate umpire , who wasnt even facing the play overruled the other umpire and called her out. Pulled foot, and NO she did not pull her foot. The next hitter hits a bloop next to or short stop who bobbles several times but gets the runner out at second by three steps. Second, who has diven in to help , is not on the bag. Since both the short and second are on the base , our second base doesnt have her foot on the bag the umpire just stands there not giving a call. Our short stop holds up the ball but since she dove on the base the umpire calls the runner safe. Soddy then sends their runner home after the call. This is now two outs they will not call. The score is now 2 to 1 with one out and a runner on third and second. As we have no more stike zone but down the middle, The score goes on to tie up with a couple of infield bouncy things. They now have bases loaded with one out. Cat's strike zone gets smaller but she manges to strike one out and get an infield pop up. We get out of the inning. I feel the game was taken out of our girls hands. The game went on for three more innings. Our girls got out of one mess after another allowing no more runs until the tiebreaker in the tenth, when the Soody coach tried a fast one by placing number 21 on second , who is faster , rather than 12, thinking we wouldnt notice.

( By the way we were up 3 to 2 in the tenth when Cat hit a line drive triple to score the runner that was placed on second that had been bunted to third by Alice. Jelly hit a bouncing single over thirds head to be picked up by the short who threw Cat out at home. I think JP singled next with two outs, followed by outs by Kelsey and Whitens , who I think flew out to the out field, stranding our runner. )

I never complain against umpires or bad calls but I knew going in we could get robbed and we did. The girls shook their hands after the game and the parents who were enraged held back. Riverdale played excellent. They did not choke, if anything they showed nerves of steel.

The game was taken away from them when things got tight.

We had what sounds like the exact same scenerio in our regional game against East Robertson. We had a two run lead in the bottom of the seventh and the umpire missed a call at first allowing what eventually was the tying run and extending the game. We also lost by one run in the tenth inning. I, and as far as I know no other parent from our school, never mentioned that call. You know why? Bad calls went both ways in that game. We weren't victims of some umpiring conspiracy to get us knocked out. Bad calls happen, it's an accepted part of the game. NO UMPIRE gets every call right. Some days a bad call goes your way and some days they go against ya.

What we need to do as parents and coaches is to teach our kids not to bash the umpires and make excuses for every failure. The NFL and college football have an instant replay policy because even at that level, they don't always get the call right. Teach your kids to respect the officials and grown ups in general. That's one of the main reasons we have so many discipline and respect issues with our teenagers today. They lack good role models at home!

Actually just to get things straight, I was on Siegel's side at the Ooltewah game. So was every other high school Blackman softball player. The Blackman girls that we're sitting on the other side we're from the middle school. And i have not ever "bashed a player" from Riverdale, as a matter of fact i have played with half of the Riverdale's players since i first moved to Tennessee, it is the fans that i sometimes question. If i was bashing i don't think i would have ever said that i thought they we're going all the way this year. Or from previous posts said that they would be number one in district. And i can remember myself telling people repeatedly that yall we're going all the way. And by the way I respect your coach A LOT considering what he has done to your program. So unless your talking about another Blackman fan on the T, you need to get your facts straight. And the Daily News Journal recorded 11 hits.

Oh and "Raiderone" since my team has been out for a week makes my opinion not matter?????

Dont talk to our coach that way. He did not insult you I did. Show some respect. That man is a great coach who devotes huge amounts of time towards these girls and this program. There isnt a better coach around.

If you were cheering for siegel then I heard wrong. That is what i was told. I wasnt there so I do not know. In the Soddy game Riverdale had 9 hits , Soddy had 9 hits. Soddy had 11 k's , Riverdale had 9 k's , Soddy had 1 walk , Riverdale had 1 walk. About even for two great teams.

He'll probably get "Coach of the Year" again by the local paper. When other coaches pull his antics they are told to shutup and go to the dugout. All I can say is you just got a small portion of what Chattanooga softball goes through each year. :thumb:

If he does, he deserves it. How many State Tournaments has he coached a team to win. Let's see. SIX AND WORKING ON SEVEN. This speaks for itself. Not only is he a great coach, he stated in the paper how he thought that Riverdale was a great team and how he hated that either team had to lose and most of you are bashing him. The man is a class act and it just sounds like a bunch of poor losers to me. You should have never been in that situation to begin with. How could any of you say that Riverdale is the better team. The better team obviously won. If the short stop is one of the reasons the Riverdale got beat then it sounds like she played outstanding. You can blame everybody but the bottom line is YOU GOT BEAT. GO ALL THE WAY SODDY DAISY AND CLIFFORD KIRK (you are the captain). :ph34r:

Dont talk to our coach that way. He did not insult you I did. Show some respect. That man is a great coach who devotes huge amounts of time towards these girls and this program. There isnt a better coach around.

If you were cheering for siegel then I heard wrong. That is what i was told. I wasnt there so I do not know. In the Soddy game Riverdale had 9 hits , Soddy had 9 hits. Soddy had 11 k's , Riverdale had 9 k's , Soddy had 1 walk , Riverdale had 1 walk. About even for two great teams.

I'm pretty sure that i said i respected your coach very much so. But is it not a little disrespectful to BASICALLY state that since my team is out, of which i am fully aware of, my opinion or thoughts mean nothing???

And i have said all along that Riverdale (especially) and Soddy we're two great teams. I think your are getting a little too offensive and jumping to conclusions.

Here are a few of my past posts about Riverdale softball

"With the exception of White Co. I think we have one of the strongest districts in Tennessee. On any given day Siegel Lebanon and Blackman will compete with ANYONE. Cookeville and Warren Co. and Oakland have potential. Riverdale is GREAT and with GREAT pitching it tops it all off. Cat and Darci's stats are freaking amazing. And Riverdale is more than legit for state, they should be a shoe in. But i also thought that for the past two years and they came up short. The district tournament should be surprising from a couple teams. Good luck to all!!"

"That was the LONGEST day of my life...... i don't think ANYONE expected us to be there in the end, but congratulations to Riverdale on the win."

"I am biased obviously but the blackman program has definitely picked up! We have been workin VERY hard we will be one of the top teams this year take my word. Riverdale will be among the top also probably #1 as past seasons but the outcome of the games will not be as crucial as it was last year. I think Siegel will also be strong one to look out for. White county is not on our schedule this year because i heard they were forfeiting all games and only participating in the district tournament for money purposes."

Edited by BlazinSpeed