Science Hill Vs. Farragut

fanatic55

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

A couple of thoughts:

I think Science Hill has the advantage of home field (which is a really nice one) and they are on a winning roll. They also don't have to travel that awful 2 hour bus ride. If I were Farragut, I might just spring for a hotel, and go down Friday night.

Farragut has the fact that they had a tough loss to Bearden, as well as the last time these two teams met, they lost pretty badly. Those two things can really get a team going.

Science Hill has Eddie Yah, who in my opinion, is deadly.

Farragut has Ben Backstrom who is a wizard on the ball.

Being the "under-dog" can be a good place to be, but I haven't yet figured out which team that would be. Good luck, and keep us posted.

Any news on game time??

I believe the game is slated for a 7 pm atart, but this conflicts with the Farragut Graduation ceremony time.

I know in the past they have adjusted the start time in order for the teams to attend the ceremonies.

If anyone hears of any start time changes please post.

Should be a good match but Farragut is questionable with the injuries on defense.

The big field could help them if they use it and spread out the passing lanes, but Science Hill is on a roll and home field advantage comes up big at this time of year. Good luck to both teams.

:blink:

Why would Science Hill schedule the game for 7??????????

Farragut would have to Forfeit the game, I personally did not know that we had such bad sportsmanship from coaches in East Tennessee!!!!!!!!!

Science Hill players......What do you have to say for your program????????

Should be a good match but Farragut is questionable with the injuries on defense.

The big field could help them if they use it and spread out the passing lanes, but

ya, i hope Nic can play to his potential against Science Hill, it would really hurt to not have him in such an important game. Seeing as how Science Hill has this great forward, Eddie Yah i haven't seen him play but i hear things)

Yes, i think that the big field can help them alot, they should spread it and use the outsides, it worked very well against Bearden in the first match up.

I think that the Farragut team should be more aggressive on direct/indirect kicks from a distance, like 40 yards, alot of times last night Farragut had kicks from afar and did not seem to have any one fighting for the ball. They have proven to be able to finish well (when they try).

Good luck to both squads!

Why would Science Hill schedule the game for 7??????????

Farragut would have to Forfeit the game, I personally did not know that we had such bad sportsmanship from coaches in East Tennessee!!!!!!!!!

Science Hill players......What do you have to say for your program????????

it should not be too hard for them to schedule the game at a different time, and i do not see Farragut forfeiting the game, personally i would rather play the game and advance into state rather than walk for graduation. You already know you are getting a diploma, but you do not know how far you all (farragut) can go this year, see what i am saying

Just hear say......

But I was informed that the Science Hill coach said "too Bad" to Farragut...

Play at 7, or forfeit the game.

What about the seniors that have family coming in town?????

if you ask me,

It would be a DISGRACE for science hill to stick with that !!!!!!!

Best of luck to both teams,(if they even play the game)

(Tin man, I didnt know you play for science hill or farragut.)

Just hear say......

But I was informed that the Science Hill coach said "too Bad" to Farragut...

Play at 7, or forfeit the game.

What about the seniors that have family coming in town?????

if you ask me,

It would be a DISGRACE for science hill to stick with that !!!!!!!

Best of luck to both teams,(if they even play the game)

(Tin man, I didnt know you play for science hill or farragut.)

From what I heard, all of this is true. I am aghast. Shocked. I hope that Coach Schmeltzer changes his mind.

whoa! what a cheap shot, and very low. I did not know that coaches could be so unwilling to help out and unsportsmanlike. I too hope that he finds some compassion and changes the game time, it is not as if it is a life and death situation, just push the game back 4 hours (or whatever is the best time for both).

I do hope that Farragut plays either way, and maybe if they miss their graduation to play it will make them play harder and send the Hilltoppers home.

i do not play for either, i am a non-player (this year) from Bearden.

My original question was based on the time of the game posted on EUROSPORT.

From what I am hearing, it sounds like Science Hill may not want to change or are not able to change the start time of the match.

Anyone from Science Hill have a definitive answer on this?

Numer8??

:blink:

From what I heard, all of this is true. I am aghast. Shocked. I hope that Coach Schmeltzer changes his mind.

All I can say is wow! I am quite sure the Farragut seniors would chose to play the game, but to make them choose is truly in poor taste. These kids have gone to school for 13 years to earn a diploma and a right to graduate with their classmates.

Science Hill seems to like giving teams motivation, this could be the biggest example yet.

Edited by uniden