Science Hill Vs. Farragut

fanatic55

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

ah man, i hate when pk's are given in HUGE games like these.

I don't know why the pk's were given, but I'm sure at least one of them, if not both, were worthy of giving Farragut a free kick. I'm sure the game was physical, but you can't bring that physical play into your own box and risk giving up a pk. Congrats to Farragut and good luck at state.

3 goals off PK's! 2 for Farragut and 1 for SH. The 4th goal for Farragut was with about 10 seconds left in stoppage on an open goal since the SH goalie was playing up at sweeper. Eddie Y shot some of those rigth footed rockets from the 18 hitting the upper bar but not the back of the net. Eddie got a red card deep into stoppage and wouldn't have been able to play the first game of states if SH won.

I felt the game was extremely physical with players (mostly Farragut's) going down one after another. I think it was Ben B who was carried off the field in the 2nd half. He was fouled in the box AFTER his shot missed wide - that was a dumb foul on SH's part resulting in one of the pk's). I was sitting on the Farragut side of the bleachers and there was lot of fans complaining about the refs but I felt the center kept control of the game considering how hard both of these teams were playing. It was a good compromise between letting em play and not letting it get out of control.

Edited by soccer67

Jake Russell scored on the PK that was given when Ben Backstrom was taken out in the box. Kevin Underwood scored on a beautiful pass from Jake Holt when he split the defense on a dead run and kept it low past the goalie.

The game was extremly physical and Farragut brought it right back at Science Hill. The ref kept it in check as much as he could but I would be interested in knowing how many opportunities Science Hill got at the 20 from very light fouls. Set play opportunities had to be at least 3 to 1 Science Hill to Farragut. Congratulations to Farragut for a hard fought win and yet another trip to State.

:)

Yeah Backstrom got fouled for two PKs by the same player (probably frustration). The second was a cheap and dirty foul. It deserved a red but the player only got a yellow. Science Hill had 5 direct and indirect kicks within 5 yards of the 18. The one they scored on was an indirect kick inside the box. Their other goal was off a pk by Eddie Yah.

Yeah Backstrom got fouled for two PKs by the same player (probably frustration). The second was a cheap and dirty foul. It deserved a red but the player only got a yellow. Science Hill had 5 direct and indirect kicks within 5 yards of the 18. The one they scored on was an indirect kick inside the box. Their other goal was off a pk by Eddie Yah.

number 8 where are you

Both Farragut PKs were for good reason, blatant and nasty fouls inside the box seen by the ref. Science Hill got a PK after a ball had been cleared and 2 players collided inside Farragut's box - at this point the ref was going to call anything in the box for a PK. Science Hill Toppers should be changed to Science Hill Floppers because they dive so much.

All I can say is Science Hill your karma came back and bit you in the butt. How does it feel?

Calm down. WE ALL are sacraficing things. IF We make state finals that means we all are missing out of our graduations. We WON and we deserver to set the time, but looks like Farragut refused to play us at 7, Game at ..... 10:00 A.M.

It looks like everthying is going to work out after all. The Farragut seniors get to graduate tonight and the Science Hill seniors get to attend graduation next week.