Science Hill Vs. Farragut

fanatic55

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i do not think that you all can just disregard what he said by saying, "our coach would never do that"

ya there are alot of things that we think someone would not do, but does it anyway.

It happens everyday

like a chick that puts out this huge front while with her friends and then at night goes out gets drunk and has sex. Her friends would never think that this good girl would ever do that, but in reality she does.

whoa! that was off topic.

back on, I am just saying you all should come up with a better argument than "he has never done it before what makes you think he would now?" because we all know that we have free will and do pretty much whatever we want. Is it so absurd a concept that someone who is very very mad cusses at someone else?

i am not taking a side in this i am just asking for more reasoning before you disregard completely what someone else says.

To the young men who played this game - I feel honored to have seen you play. It was a great game played to the limits. Don't let all this "other stuff" diminish what you all have accomplished this year.

Good luck to Farragut - bring it back to East TN.

Great season Science Hill - I watched you play 4 times this year. You are a great team.

To everyone else. There are 2 sides to every argument and no one has all the facts. No one.

WOW !!!!!

I am glad that Coach Smelser had some time to reflect on the game before posting that one.

sports-man-ship (n.) The qualities and conduct befitting a sportsman.

sports-man (n.) A person who abides by the rules and accepts victory or defeat graciously.

I commend him on his teams efforts and season, but his post was far from being a shinning example of good sportsmanship. References to "the intent" of the opposing team and the integrity of the Farragut coach goes out of the boundries of being a good sportsman. Being a teacher does not automatically qualify someone to lead young people on the field, but I do appreciate his commitment to his players and their families.

To add on to this, I loved the sportsmanship of the Science Hill players and coach after the game. Not only did most of the players and the coach not shake hands with the Farragut players or head coach, but the goalie tried to start a fight and cuss out the Farragut players. I just loved their class before and after the game. :lol:

Liverpool , Good response! I too believe in Farragut's coach for the class he has shown thru the years and can't believe any of Sh coach's claims.

I do know this Farragut's Coach Culbreth coached me in club and carries a

NSCAA License and a USSF License so he may not be faculty but he is a good coach and cares about his kids.

First off, the cones that were stolen from midfield....I personally set them out before the game, and personally picked them up before the match started. As for stealing them, I will go face to face with anyone (including the Science Hill coach) and let them know that I would never steal cones and that THEY are completly wrong to accuse us of stealing!!! (We can afford cones)

Secondly, urinating on the field?????

There was a fence behind the field that our players did use to relieve themselves, and if we knew that we were offending anyone, I would have made my players run the 400 yards to the bathroom. Keep in mind, this was during the game so I was not about to send my kids running past the SH fans to the bathroom, during the game! (I personally apoligize for any problems this has caused.)

Lastly, as for my father using language.....We all know that his players are not allowed to curse, if they do so they pay for it by running until they learn not to.

(So why would he use foul language?????)

Bottom line: We won 4-2, and if the score was reversed, there would be no conflict with the Farragut Soccer program's class. We are going to state and hope to get as deep as possible representing East Tennessee WITH Bearden!

Farragut Assistant Coach

Bradley Culbreth