2006 AAU Nationals

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In the 9U, look for KGC Lady Pride and Tennessee Team Pride to both have a legitimate shot at finishing in the Top 16, if not higher.

In the 10U, Tennessee Team Pride has a legitimate shot of finishing in the Top 5.

In the 11U, either the FCA Lady Eagles, Tennessee Xtreme, Tennessee Lady Trotters, or Tennessee Express (they did it last year) will finish in the Top 16.

In the 12U, Memphis Lady Elite (Daniels) and the Tennessee Lady Trotters boast the best chance at finishing in the Top 16.

In the 13U, the KGC Lady Pride could very well finish in the Top 3 once again, if not win it (they were oh-so-close last year).

In the 14U, Tennessee Team Pride will make it at least to the Elite Eight. Memphis Lady Elite (James) has a shot to finish relatively high as well, probably Top 16.

In the 15U, Tennessee Team Pride (Gold) will finish at least in the Elite Eight. Tennessee Flight and Memphis Lady Elite will probably finish at least in the Top 16 as well.

Edited by ptguard12

In the 9U, look for KGC Lady Pride and Tennessee Team Pride to both have a legitimate shot at finishing in the Top 16, if not higher.

In the 10U, Tennessee Team Pride has a legitimate shot of finishing in the Top 5.

In the 11U, either the FCA Lady Eagles, Tennessee Xtreme, Cookeville Ladies, or Tennessee Express (they did it last year) will finish in the Top 16.

In the 12U, Memphis Lady Elite (Daniels) and the Tennessee Lady Trotters boast the best chance at finishing in the Top 16.

In the 13U, the KGC Lady Pride could very well finish in the Top 3 once again, if not win it (they were oh-so-close last year).

In the 14U, Tennessee Team Pride will make it at least to the Elite Eight. Memphis Lady Elite (James) has a shot to finish relatively high as well, probably Top 16.

In the 15U, Tennessee Team Pride (Gold) will finish at least in the Elite Eight. Tennessee Flight and Memphis Lady Elite will probably finish at least in the Top 16 as well.

In the 16U, the KAYA Lady Stingers and Tennessee Team Pride could both make it to the Elite Eight.

It looks like only the 13U group has a shot at a National Championship (according to PtGuard12). What has happened to the Shelbyville teams? I know they are the Fight in the older division and play mostly Nike tournaments. What happened to all the younger divisions?

This is what has happened.

They don't have very much talent in Shelbyville.

They don't have teams in the younger age groups or when they do the teams that they are fielding are not very good. It is hard to recruit 12-15 ten, eleven, or twelve year old kids that their parents are willing to travel from all over the state to play.

Not meant as a bash just the truth.

They don't have teams in the younger age groups or when they do the teams that they are fielding are not very good. It is hard to recruit 12-15 ten, eleven, or twelve year old kids that their parents are willing to travel from all over the state to play.

don't be a hater, yo daughter must have got cut or sat the bench. so now you mad and want to diss something you ain't good enough to be part of. no let me guess..ah..ah.. it was the coaches fault. if you can't be cool with it, then be gone

Think there is more than that. They lost the recruiting war. parents are probably willing. Pride evidently does a better job with the lower age groups, 9, 10, 11 and able to retain enough thru 16 to make a team. Don't know why they ever thought they could keep 12-15 happy. the cost per mile expense with no guarantee is pretty high. Same way with pride except they are closer to population centers. Wonder why they thought that they had to recruit all over the state in those age groups. An observation, their model is wrong. the Insell model is no longer as strong with girls basketball improving as much all over the state. probably as strong in higher age groups. If it is true, AAU basketball teams are fewer, someone needs to look as to what the reason is and what is driving away players to other sports. AAU, or AAU clubs, have lost the concept of who the customer is and the value of retaining or what makes new teams start up and how that helps the whole state. With Title 9, there is no reason, with the coaching expertise available, that 150 girls a year should not be getting some type of grant in Basketball alone. By this time of the year the total is only in the high 80's for the state. Sorry to hear that Shelbyville is giving up lower age group basketball.

don't be a hater, yo daughter must have got cut or sat the bench. so now you mad and want to diss something you ain't good enough to be part of. no let me guess..ah..ah.. it was the coaches fault. if you can't be cool with it, then be gone

No my kid never played or wanted to play for Shelbyville. Just a coach telling the truth.

P.S.: Don't have to be a hater they never have beaten me.

No my kid never played or wanted to play for Shelbyville. Just a coach telling the truth.

P.S.: Don't have to be a hater they never have beaten me.

whatever, but its funny all u adults have nothing else to do all day but make post on a msg board about little kids. get lives, sad, sad , sad :(

no wonder everyone is quitting AAU, parents are wacked

Teams with Shot at 11U Sweet Sixteen:

(1) TN Express

(2) TN Extreme

(3) FCA Lady Eagles

PtGuard: I know the Cookeville Ladies are dear to you but they have not proven themselves to be a Sweet 16 Level Team in competition. They did pull off the gutsy upset against the Express but they have not beaten anyone else of note. In fact, they have lost to the Trotters (Twice), the TN Pearls and CDF.

I meant to put the Trotters instead of the Ladies.

I like the Trotters chances too but they have to find another post player (one is not enough for Nationals) if they expect to be a Sweet 16 team. The challenge they face is that Post Players are hard to find. If I were the Trotters Coach, I would give the post for the Top Guns a call. She is very tough.

Edited by just_do_it

I wonder if what is changing is the quality of Shelbyville teams or the quality of the teams they play. Shelbyville is one of the few community (school) based teams that still tries to compete in AAU. Most AAU teams are now club teams that draw from a very wide area. It is tough for a school-based team to compete against the club teams.