Catholic vs. CCS

ah20

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The first CCS Knox Catholic game (in which CCS won 2-0) was the final game of the CCS tournament. Fatigue had to effect both teams. I heard Knox Catholic didn't have much depth on the bench. That may have effected that game where as CCS probably played some other guys in the two games.

Both teams will be "fresh" on Wednesday. Should be very interesting.

I believe CCS had some injuries at the time of their first meeting. They seem to be at least semi healthy now.

What about Knox Catholic?

Catholic should be able to win this one in a very close game, however upsets happen and they do often. :thumb:

I think that a Catholic win would be the upset. After all, the Chargers beat the Irish earlier this season and have been, appropriately, ranked higher than the Irish ever since. Catholic has to bring its A game to take this one; however, I think the team that wins this match will have a great chance at the championship because they will have been required to start out strong.

Catholic should be able to win this one in a very close game, however upsets happen and they do often. :thumb:

if chattanooga christian wins it will not be an upset. 1 vs. 2 there really is not a favorite. The are even teams with CCS winning the first match. CCS' main strength in my opinion is their conditioning, i have seen few games, but they never seem to tire. That will be a huge advantage throughout the entire tournament, i do not know how well the other teams can play 3 games in 4 days. Any insight into stamina of the other seven teams?

if chattanooga christian wins it will not be an upset. 1 vs. 2 there really is not a favorite.

With the new rankings, it is #2 CCS v. #3 Knox Catholic. The new #1 is CAK.

Otherwise, I agree with your post and I think all of the eastern teams are in good physical shape and condition going into the tournament.

Who do you think will win the first round game between Knoxville Catholic and CCS? This will be a very close game and one great team will be going home afterwards.

I don't know much about CCS, but Catholic has a balanced team. The seniors are placed very well. The mid-fielder Doug Hall is very, very good and poised. He distributes well and is a true team player. Their forward, Joey Pierce (I think that is his last name) is fast and will attack. That Kid named Chase N??? is an active, energetic player with great skill and he is non-stop....a coach's blessing. There defense is anchored by big, fast palyers... hard to beat. I have watched those kid's play through the years..it is too bad they have to get old! The best thing about Catholic is...they have a smart coach who does everything he can to win. That seems to be a problem in this area...club's want to train and train and train. A coach want's to win.

Good luck Catholic!!