CBHS over MBA in 8th PK

vasilios

They won and thats all that matters. Christian Bros is good enough to find a way to win.

i agree with you when you say they won and thats all that matters. but they couldnt finish a meal today. they had shot after shot after shot after shot and couldnt "find a way" to get one. sure they found a way to win, but mba gave them a scare. congrats on a well played game by mba.

Yeah, they did win, and they are moving on to the next round. But, I would have to say that Brothers didn't really find a way to win, more they found a way not to loose. But hey, the didn't loose, and they will be back tomorrow. My congradulations go out to their players, but moreover, my regrests to all of MBA's seniors. You'll played a great game.

They won and thats all that matters. Christian Bros is good enough to find a way to win.

i've never really been swayed by that kind of thinking. certainly good teams find a way to win, but the better a team is the less difficult the search for that "way" ought to be. every W is not equivalent. convincing wins say more of a team's talent and focus than nail-biters. i would tend to say that that outcome provides powerful evidence that cbhs is not #1 nationally, though i don't think that this is really the linchpin as hs soccer in other parts of the country is much more serious and more easily comparable to club level ball, anyway. it will be interesting to see whether brothers uses this game as a wake up call and turns it on going forwards or if this really was an indication of their strength or lack thereof (lack, of course, only in comparison to the reviews that they've been getting on this board, when mba plays well, they play very well and might be expected to make a game of it even against a side as well spoken of as brothers...but not to put it to 8 pks)