Bearden vs Ridgeway

timbdp

SHOTS: Bearden - 24; Ridgeway - 19.

SAVES: Bearden - 6; Ridgeway - 14.

FOULS: Bearden - 11; Ridgeway - 10.

CORNER KICKS: Bearden - 14; Ridgeway - 6.

GOALS: Ridgeway - Ivan Torres (2nd Minute, Unassisted); Bearden - Philip Andreae (69th Minute, Unassisted); Bearden - Ryan Radcliffe (81st Minute, Unassisted

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Middle Tenn. makes a statement. BGA and Hendersonville have the tools and temper to win. Last year Brentwood and Father Ryan. Read into this want you want, but I think this says alot about the state of soccer in middle-tennessee. What do you think???

I think the quality of TN soccer has grown in the past 10 years. Back in my day we would just kick it up near the fastest guy on the team and watch him run by people. Now you see teams moving the ball with passing and great control. Even the teams that play long ball have a system of playing. Not just booting it up the field. You will see this out of Bearden, but trust me, its Turners system and he knows how to coach the players in this system.

Good luck to both teams and it should be an exciting game.

im sorry but the ref made a horrible call.. ridgeway had a corner in the first OT with about 20 seconds left and farragut had a sub.. he didnt stop the clock so the time ran out and they didnt get to kick the corner.. bad call if you ask me

somes games but most all the post season i've been to the clock still runs on a sub

Bearden definitely dosged a bullet here, they did pnot play very well until the last 15 minutes of regulation and then overtime.

Ridgeway had a few great chances to put us away, but Bearden had their great chances as well, with balls STOPPING on the ridgeway's goal line and no one tapping it in. Ridgeway props to you all for your hustle, you guys are quick and left it all on the field.

I would just like to put in i just got home from the semi-finals i play for ridgeway left back #11 if anyone was there and the linesmen on the fan side was absolutly terrible especially considering the the goal that tied was a throw in where our keeper got a cleat to the face and no one touched the ball when the center ref went to talk to his linemen he completely blew the call and gave a goal there were way too many calls missed by the ref

Edited by soccer44

I would just like to put in i just got home from the semi-finals i play for ridgeway left back #11 if anyone was there and the linesmen on the fan side was absolutly terrible especially considering the the goal that tied was a throw in where our keeper got a cleat to the face and no one touched the ball when the center ref went to talk to his linemen he completely blew the call and gave a goal there were way too many calls missed by the ref

i agree that that ref was terrible, he called the ball out of bounds, in the first half, that was clearly on the line and could be clearly seen as such. That bad call resulted in your guys' throw in in which the upcoming play afterwards resulted in your guys' goal.

well, i do not know what happened in that first goal, but i know it was crazy and a fluke.

The ref was horrible. Telling the players he just wanted the game to end. He did a very poor job. But there is nothing that can be done now. Yes there were some fouls which resulted in Bearden first goal. Poor Reffing overall, but great game both teams! Congrats Bearden, and good luck!

im sorry but the ref made a horrible call.. ridgeway had a corner in the first OT with about 20 seconds left and farragut had a sub.. he didnt stop the clock so the time ran out and they didnt get to kick the corner.. bad call if you ask me

NFHS is different than USSF/FIFA

Clock runs for subs. When time runs out the period is over.

IF the clock has been stopped for a goal, caution, ejection, blood rule, injury evaluation, and subs have already reported to the official scorer they are allowed to enter while the clock is stopped. Other than that the clock runs during the substitution.

Most schools will not provide a clock operator during regular season, so the only time you see NFHS clock rules followed is at the State Tournament where TSSAA uses clock operators who are assisted by the official scorer who is a non-uniformed NFHS certified referee. :)

NFHS is different than USSF/FIFA

Clock runs for subs. When time runs out the period is over.

IF the clock has been stopped for a goal, caution, ejection, blood rule, injury evaluation, and subs have already reported to the official scorer they are allowed to enter while the clock is stopped. Other than that the clock runs during the substitution.

Most schools will not provide a clock operator during regular season, so the only time you see NFHS clock rules followed is at the State Tournament where TSSAA uses clock operators who are assisted by the official scorer who is a non-uniformed NFHS certified referee. :lol:

I thought you couldn't sub on a corner.....not sure though??