14u State Champions

Looks like everybody expects Team Pride to be 14u Tn State Champs next weekend. Who will be taking the 2 9th seeds. From the little I heard, Jackson's TN Elite are real good and will surprize some people. Full of shooters and they will scrap. ;)

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks like everybody expects Team Pride to be 14u Tn State Champs next weekend. Who will be taking the 2 9th seeds. From the little I heard, Jackson's TN Elite are real good and will surprize some people. Full of shooters and they will scrap. ;)

I expect The Memphis Elite (James) will be the new state champs, with Pride 2nd. We shall see. ;)

I expect The Memphis Elite (James) will be the new state champs, with Pride 2nd. We shall see. :)

Havent heard much about the James team except they beat up on the other 14u Elite team every time they play. What has the James team done to make you think they can beat the Pride or Tn Elite. Remember what happen to that Tigers team last year. Everybody thought they were going to take nationals and they got beat good by the Pride. :lol:

Havent heard much about the James team except they beat up on the other 14u Elite team every time they play. What has the James team done to make you think they can beat the Pride or Tn Elite. Remember what happen to that Tigers team last year. Everybody thought they were going to take nationals and they got beat good by the Pride. :lol:

I have seen both Memphis Elite teams play several times, and I will tell you this. If they had the best players from the two teams on the floor at States, everybody else would be playing for the Silver!

1st - team pride or tn elite = 7th seed

2nd - one of them = 9th seed

3rd - memphis elite = 9th seed

Do all these teams have bids to nationals already. If they do, then that's good news for the 4th, 5th, 6th place teams at states.

Edited by Me3

Havent heard much about the James team except they beat up on the other 14u Elite team every time they play. What has the James team done to make you think they can beat the Pride or Tn Elite. Remember what happen to that Tigers team last year. Everybody thought they were going to take nationals and they got beat good by the Pride. :)

Well, let's see:

Rumble on the River (finals)

National Scouting Report (NSR) Springdale (champions)

Adidas - North Carolina Deep South Exposure (final four)

West Tennessee Sub State Champions

Memphis Super Regional Champions

Runner-up in the 15Under division of the BCI State Tournament, losing only to the 15U AAU State Champs Arkansas Mavericks-Brown in the finals.

Remember, this team has 3 previous state titles, taking 2nd last year under a different coach, I believe.

I think this is Team Pride's tournament for the taking. They have all the right pieces in all the right places to go along with a superior coaching staff. The Memphis Lady Elite (James) is in my opinion a VERY close second. They are certainly capable of pulling off a win over Team Pride because of the two, they are the more atheltic group. They are a little thicker inside and could give Team Pride problems in this area despite the fact that Team Pride does have Hassell, who is definitely one of the best posts, if not the best, in this age group.

Other teams that have an outside shot of pulling off the title: Tennessee Elite (Jackson) and Memphis Lady Elite (Miles). The Top 6 teams at the State Tournament will receive the bids to Nationals since both Memphis Lady Elite teams and the Tennessee Elite (Jackson) team have already received bids through SRT's.

Good luck to all the teams.

Well, let's see:

Rumble on the River (finals)

National Scouting Report (NSR) Springdale (champions)

Adidas - North Carolina Deep South Exposure (final four)

West Tennessee Sub State Champions

Memphis Super Regional Champions

Runner-up in the 15Under division of the BCI State Tournament, losing only to the 15U AAU State Champs Arkansas Mavericks-Brown in the finals.

Remember, this team has 3 previous state titles, taking 2nd last year under a different coach, I believe.

BBallExtreme:

The Elite (James) team is an excellent team and should do well at states this weekend and your list of their accomplishments looks right to me except for one - the Memphis Elite (James) team has never won a state title. This is a new team and this weekend will be the first opportunity for them to go for a state championship.

You might have been thinking about Jasmine James (#3), the coach's daughter, who is the only player on the Elite (James) team who has been on 3 state championship teams - when she was with the Waves (10u & 11u) and another Elite team (12u). I've seen Jasmine dominate some games (some, unfortunately against us) to where it looked like [/i]she was the whole team, but if you're saying she is the whole team, I guess you're entitled to your opinion. But, by saying that you are ignoring some other very talented players on that team. For instance, in our last game against them, Jasmine got knocked out of the game in overtime and players like Monica Miller (made several key shots), Crystal Riley (hit a 3 that killed us), and #50 (sorry, don't know her name, but she hurt us inside throughout the game) finished for the victory.

BBallExtreme:

The Elite (James) team is an excellent team and should do well at states this weekend and your list of their accomplishments looks right to me except for one - the Memphis Elite (James) team has never won a state title. This is a new team and this weekend will be the first opportunity for them to go for a state championship.

You might have been thinking about Jasmine James (#3), the coach's daughter, who is the only player on the Elite (James) team who has been on 3 state championship teams - when she was with the Waves (10u & 11u) and another Elite team (12u). I've seen Jasmine dominate some games (some, unfortunately against us) to where it looked like [/i]she was the whole team, but if you're saying she is the whole team, I guess you're entitled to your opinion. But, by saying that you are ignoring some other very talented players on that team. For instance, in our last game against them, Jasmine got knocked out of the game in overtime and players like Monica Miller (made several key shots), Crystal Riley (hit a 3 that killed us), and #50 (sorry, don't know her name, but she hurt us inside throughout the game) finished for the victory.

I don't know how you got all of this out of the post. Bballextreme only listed some of the accomplishments of the team to back up a prediction. The post does not mention or imply that Jasmine makes up the whole team. This team plays great TEAM BALL and that is what it takes to be successful. Every young lady on the team plays a very important part in making this team work and no one has ever said or implied that they don't (except for what you have as an interpretation in your post). Jasmine may be the only player to be on 3 state championship teams, but don't forget that Briana Walker (10U & 11U Waves) and Olivia Young(11U Waves & 12U Elite) were on 2 of those teams and Monica Miller (12U Elite) was on one of those teams as well. I think you have blown the whole thing out of proportion and I am sure that when others read your post, they will wonder how you came about all of this as well.

Oh yeah, just about every team is a NEW TEAM. It is rare that any team comes back with the exact same roster from the previous year. At some point, they all pick up new players or coaches. So, I guess this weekend will be the first time alot of teams are playing for a state championship ;)

Edited by janinelpn2

I don't know how you got all of this out of the post. Bballextreme only listed some of the accomplishments of the team to back up a prediction. The post does not mention or imply that Jasmine makes up the whole team. This team plays great TEAM BALL and that is what it takes to be successful. Every young lady on the team plays a very important part in making this team work and no one has ever said or implied that they don't (except for what you have as an interpretation in your post). Jasmine may be the only player to be on 3 state championship teams, but don't forget that Briana Walker (10U & 11U Waves) and Olivia Young(11U Waves & 12U Elite) were on 2 of those teams and Monica Miller (12U Elite) was on one of those teams as well. I think you have blown the whole thing out of proportion and I am sure that when others read your post, they will wonder how you came about all of this as well.

Oh yeah, just about every team is a NEW TEAM. It is rare that any team comes back with the exact same roster from the previous year. At some point, they all pick up new players or coaches. So, I guess this weekend will be the first time alot of teams are playing for a state championship :rolleyes:

janinelpn2:

My friendly disagreement was with BBallExtreme, not with you. In fact, you and I appear to agree. I was trying to correct what appeared to me to be a mistaken belief on his/her part.

I did try to guess what he/she was getting at with the 3-state-championships remark and the only thing I could relate it to was Jasmine. And since this person said the "team" had 3 state championships, I wondered if he/she was implying that Jasmine was the team since she was the only one who had been on 3 state championships.

At any rate, only BBallExtreme can tell us what he/she meant so we just have to wait for his/her next posting.

Edited by philtenn

BBallExtreme:

Philtenn,

Obviously you know more about this team than I do. I knew that there was a core group of girls on this team with multiple State championships. I never mentioned a specific girl by name because I don't believe that one girl should ever single-handedly beat any team (although everyone on this board has seen that happen).

Maybe you got my post mixed up with one of your own where you stated, "She (Jasmine James) put her team on her back (she scored half the team's points) and won it for them. On her own, she erased a 12 point deficit and she put the James team in the lead for the first time since the opening minutes with 2 minutes left on the clock in regulation. I'm sure her teammates are feeling very fortunate to have such a talent on their team." This is a direct quote of a post you made after a particularly hard-won game. Interestingly, I credited Briana (a girl you didn't even mention) with lighting the MENTAL spark that set Jasmine on fire!

The point is that these girls have the experience (whether it be one, two, or three) of winning at States, and that creates high-expectations for themselves and their teammates. That type of attitude is infectious, and has proven so in the team's accomplishments thus far. And, of course, having JJ on the team won't hurt either. :lol:

Good luck to all.