Is State A-AA really fair for the public schools?

pops9

All i know is that there was only one public school left in the tournament. Sure there school was bigger but do they really have the upper hand on the private schools that get to pick out there players from there town or others? Is it really fair? Should there really be a state for public then one for private? whats your opinion on this?

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

its fair, schools like KCHS and CAK I know do not recruit, so it was really unfair for them to be in division 2 with CBHS and McCallie and other schools that do give scholarships and/or recruit.

You have to think though they do get players to come because of there programs. A public school cant spend the money like they can. So the players know that they can get better coaching. My friend is moving all the way across Tenn. just to play for CAK for better coaching and better play.

You have to think though they do get players to come because of there programs. A public school cant spend the money like they can. So the players know that they can get better coaching. My friend is moving all the way across Tenn. just to play for CAK for better coaching and better play.

I believe your friend is also moving because his dad got a job there. I am sorry that you feel it is unfair. I think it will change in the near future, but I will say that this thread is going to be moved to the public vs. private debates if it continues.

I believe your friend is also moving because his dad got a job there. I am sorry that you feel it is unfair. I think it will change in the near future, but I will say that this thread is going to be moved to the public vs. private debates if it continues.

I agree, these threads never do anything but turn bad.

There's really no way to equalize the public private inequities. Public schools have a geographical limitation that private schools don't. That and the financial inequities are significant.

Most people in the public arena will probably not accept the claim that there is no recruiting, whether there is or isn't, the perception will always be there. There are other issues as well but this is not the forum for examining those.

(But, while it would be nice if CAK and Knox Catholic could be put in separate districts... )

At the end of the day, nobody ever said it would be fair. We're just happy to see the boys get to play.

Touche, touche ... I am hearing crickets now from lack of a response from our rebuttals. :thumb:

Here is a tidbit...I know someone that use to teach at Hamilton High School in Memphis. For those who somewhat keep up with sports you`ll remember a kid named Todd Day that played basketball there. They had a very dominating team back then. Todd went on to star at Arkansas and the NBA. Well none of the starters on that team lived in Hamilton`s zone.

Touche, touche ... I am hearing crickets now from lack of a response from our rebuttals. :lol:

I think you may be hearing crickets because of how silly this argument is. The claim is something like "they recruit too." So that's justification for putting certain private schools into the public school grouping?

Are there any nearby states that have the same situation we have? I know Georgia doesn't.

I think you may be hearing crickets because of how silly this argument is. The claim is something like "they recruit too." So that's justification for putting certain private schools into the public school grouping?

Are there any nearby states that have the same situation we have? I know Georgia doesn't.

I'm not claiming there is justification for anyone recruiting. I do find it EXTREMELY hypocritical of public supporters to point the finger at only private schools when there are very obvious signs that "recruiting" is going on elsewhere. In addition, my response was in response to "programs" doing the recruiting ... and my rebuttal was in the same mold ... just not what you wanted to hear ... that there are publics doing it. :lol: