Knox Halls

If you'll remember Halls lost last year to Webb 28-0 in one quarter and then went 7-3 on the season....granted we are just a little bit less experienced this year to say the least but lets give them the benefit of the doubt until we see them in 4 quarters....also, besides Maryville, Webb looks like they could beat just about anyone else on our schedule....remember we still play Clinton, Gibbs, SD, Karns, and Lenoir City and unless those teams have much improved from last year then we have a shot to beat all of them....Also i see a game on senior night with Sullivan North....anybody know about them?....but i think dont panic on the Red Devils just yet...and as always....Go Big Red!

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Halls is obviously gonna be fighting for the #4 spot in the region. Maryville, Central, and Powell should easily nail down the top 3 spots, but Halls always seems to find a way to make the playoffs. O'Conner's solid kicking will help tremendously, but I don't know if this team is talented enough to finish in the top 4. Last year, they did just enough to take the 4th spot, and had close games against Powell and Central. I look for West to take the 4th spot, with Halls finishing 5th or even 6th, possibly behind Lenoir City.

If you'll remember Halls lost last year to Webb 28-0 in one quarter and then went 7-3 on the season....granted we are just a little bit less experienced this year to say the least but lets give them the benefit of the doubt until we see them in 4 quarters....also, besides Maryville, Webb looks like they could beat just about anyone else on our schedule....remember we still play Clinton, Gibbs, SD, Karns, and Lenoir City and unless those teams have much improved from last year then we have a shot to beat all of them....Also i see a game on senior night with Sullivan North....anybody know about them?....but i think dont panic on the Red Devils just yet...and as always....Go Big Red!

I think that Sullivan North game is a misprint on some schedules. I think that game should be South Doyle. I could be wrong.

Following the scrimmage with Catholic and Webb, I would gladly take 6-4 or 5-5. I will hope for better but it is starting to look more and more like 2-8 or 3-7.

Go Halls

On the fundraising cards the team sells the schedule is as follows:

8/25-----Sevier County-------Away

9/1------Central----------------Home

9/8------Gibbs------------------Home

9/15-----West------------------Away

9/21-----Karns-----------------Away(I guess a Thurs. night game?)

9/29-----Clinton----------------Home

10/6-----Powell-----------------Away

10/13----Lenoir City-----------Away

10/20----Maryville-------------Home

10/27----Sullivan North--------Home

Could be wrong but i dont know---Probably should be SD

I see Maryville & Central are loses

Powell vs. Halls-Anything can happen-Doesn't matter who is better

West & Karns are toss ups

Clinton, Lenoir City, Gibbs, and (SD? We Think) should all be wins

Dont know enough about Sevier County too say

With the schedule i see 7-3 at the very very very best and 4-6 or 3-7 at worst....6-4 if we win a game or two we maybe shouldnt and 5-5 might be about right.

I could be wrong and prolly will be but its just my take.....what is everyone else's take looking at the schedule?

As always....Go Big Red!

Halls will have to improve quickly or the Aug. 25 date at S.C. could be a painful experience. Webb looked very good vs. the Devils. By the way is the Q.B. at Webb a Halls kid.

Although Central has dominated Halls over the past 10 years the injury bug may have caught up with the Bobcats. It appears they will be missing several key players when the two meet on Sept. 1

Powell is great. They have the talent to win the Region. The question is will they self destruct like they did last year or will they live up to their potential. I wouldn't say they have Halls number though. If my memory serves me they seem to beat each other every other year.

Halls has many issues lack of experience, little speed, and a general lack of athleticism. But they usually over come their short comings with great effort and very good coaching.

As far as the Region is concerned everyone is playing for second place. Powell should be the front runner for second. They have the talent to play with Maryville but they don't have the intangibles. Central should be 3 but if injuries continue to pop up they could drop to 5. If Halls is able to upset them they could drop to 5.

Everyone is talking about how good West is going to be. I will have to see it to believe it. I see them and Halls fighting for the 4 th spot. If Central stumbles maybe 3 rd.

Lenoir City is the wild card. Reports are they may sneak up on some people. This is definately not the same L.C. team we saw last year.

Look forward to coming over the Ridge in a few weeks and visit with my friends from Halls. The game should be a good one this year. I think it will have major play off implications.

I could not believe my eyes when I purchased by gold card and saw the Sullivan North name on my schedule. Now granted I did not notice it until someone pointed it out, but I feel my the cards should be sent back to the printer and be redone. Terrible that a company would not let someone proof this stuff before sending them out.

Yes it is pretty sad and I did ask Coach Julian myself today and it is definetely a misprint....the October 27 game labeled as Sullivan North is for sure South Doyle....And I agree, i don't think Powell has Halls' number in every sport....Powell won 3 and Halls won 2 in basketball, I think the teams split in baseball, and they are back and forth almost every year in football....doesn't really seem like any team has the others number in any of the sports in the Halls Powell rivalry ;)

As always....Go Big Red!

Edited by hhsbball12

Halls will have to improve quickly or the Aug. 25 date at S.C. could be a painful experience. Webb looked very good vs. the Devils. By the way is the Q.B. at Webb a Halls kid.

Although Central has dominated Halls over the past 10 years the injury bug may have caught up with the Bobcats. It appears they will be missing several key players when the two meet on Sept. 1

Powell is great. They have the talent to win the Region. The question is will they self destruct like they did last year or will they live up to their potential. I wouldn't say they have Halls number though. If my memory serves me they seem to beat each other every other year.

Halls has many issues lack of experience, little speed, and a general lack of athleticism. But they usually over come their short comings with great effort and very good coaching.

As far as the Region is concerned everyone is playing for second place. Powell should be the front runner for second. They have the talent to play with Maryville but they don't have the intangibles. Central should be 3 but if injuries continue to pop up they could drop to 5. If Halls is able to upset them they could drop to 5.

Everyone is talking about how good West is going to be. I will have to see it to believe it. I see them and Halls fighting for the 4 th spot. If Central stumbles maybe 3 rd.

Lenoir City is the wild card. Reports are they may sneak up on some people. This is definately not the same L.C. team we saw last year.

Look forward to coming over the Ridge in a few weeks and visit with my friends from Halls. The game should be a good one this year. I think it will have major play off implications.

What kind of injuries and to whom are they at Central?....And yes....the Webb QB is Blake Beeler and someone correct me if I'm wrong but I'm pretty sure they still live in Halls but he has been going to Webb since his 8th grade year.

As Always....Go Big Red!

Edited by hhsbball12