Tournament MVP`s

VolunteerGeneral

As for the AA all tourny team, how could you leave Josh Liles off of the team????? Speaking as a Covington fan and graduate, he was by far the best catcher in the field. He hit for a ridiculous avg. somewhere in the neiborhood over .500, dorve in quite a few runs, and was outstanding defensivly. Except for the few bad apples from my home town, I respect the kid for being a kid and being one heck of a ball player. He was a stud the first time I saw him play at 12, and he's still a stud going into his Senior year.

CHS, I think the tourney avg was over .600 for him. :thumb: Glad to see you recoginize talent from teams other than your own. Paying a compliment to another kid sure does not hurt your team in anyway. :thumb: Heck, the whole list is a matter of opinion anyway. Congrats to all the players on their championship! ;)

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You must be one of the people who sit outside the centerfield wall. Got a chance to see you this year. By all means please feel free to stay in Covington where you belong.

Yea I am been doin since sophmore year you must be from one of average teams that dont get alot of student support.

I am not taking anything away from Freeman, he did have a good tourny. Look, I'm not trying to get into a @issing match with anyone over this. I know both kids personally, and both would probably say the other deserved the honor. As for the comment about moving to Jackson, thats whats wrong with our fans in Covington. They think their stuff doesn't stink. Futhermore, they can't bring themselves to give credit where credit is due. It's called being a fan, not obsesed. True fans respect other team as well as their own. But, unfortunatly some people don't realize that b/c like they said they have been sitting in the outfield since their sophamore year. I did it after I played, but it's called growing up. Also, a few fans at the championship game were out of line with alot of their comments toward USJ. These are still kids remember, and it's just a game afterall.

Yea I am been doin since sophmore year you must be from one of average teams that dont get alot of student support.

Why do you sit behind the ourfield fence????? Oh, maybe its because your werent good enough to play for covington. Convington won great job they were the better team in that game, but dont start trouble for the sake of starting trouble. Whats funny is all of the covington players are respectful, I know that for a fact. However, its fans like you that get good teams a bad reputation! So do everybody a favor and sign off of coacht and grow up!!!!!

i play 2nd base for covington and yes both joe n liles had a great tourney. but liles deserves sum respect too he batted over .600 in the tourney this year. he is a definate threat on offense and defense. in my opion both deserve the privilege of the title. and it was great playin ball with joe he is a great player and friend. and by the way who is tyler cannon?

Edited by cfaulk33

i play 2nd base for covington and yes both joe n liles had a great tourney. but liles deserves sum respect too he batted over .600 in the tourney this year. he is a definate threat on offense and defense. in my opion both deserve the privilege of the title. and it was great playin ball with joe he is a great player and friend. and by the way who is tyler cannon?

ss from PF

. in my opion both deserve the privilege of the title. and it was great playin ball with joe he is a great player and friend.

I agree with you i played leftfield for USJ, and got to see both players play, and both are great players and both deserve to be given credit for their success in state. Watch out for the Bruins in 07!!!

I agree with you i played leftfield for USJ, and got to see both players play, and both are great players and both deserve to be given credit for their success in state. Watch out for the Bruins in 07!!!

Pirate88 that was a awsome catch you made in the championship game. That could of been on ESPN!

It would be hard to beat Farraguts #16's performance:

AAA State Tournament> 2 wins, 2 shutouts, 20 K's, 0 walks, 5 hits. ERA 0.00

AAA District, Region & State tournaments> 6 wins, 1 earned run in 44 innings, 4 shutouts

(Bartlett/Ravenwood/Halls/Maryville). Dont have his k count yet but it was very high as well as his k/walk ratio. 4 of the 6 wins were elimination games.

All of this could not have happened with out a great team (and coaching) behind him with lots of Heart, Character & Determination!

Tampabay41, aren't you Rob's dad?