CoachT

Region 4AA Tournament  

43 members have voted

1. 1. Region 4AA Tournament

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, I, for one don't think any team gets special treatment. It just seems like that some times. Even refs have bad games.

I was wondering if any FCS fans can tell me what contribution Robbie Preston is making to the team.

I've watched him play in Jr. Pro and Jr. High, and I know he is an athlete, and he is also a great individual. I think he is listed at fullback.

I believe this has the chance to be good game, although, it'll be hard for anyone to beat Friendship, but it can happen.

On another note, Does anyone know if MJCA is improving with the new coach from DCA. I thought about starting a thread on the game this week, but I didn't figure it would last long.

I know they also have the Underwood kid that is very talented.

Preston is starting at fullback and has played very well thus far. He runs hard but is an exceptional blocker as well. He was injured but should return before week 8.

As for the week 8 game it should be a great game and atmosphere in G-Ville that night. I think FC is very beatable and G-Ville has the talent to do it. However, moss and B.S. running their mouths on the message boards won't make it any easier. If anything it might just help FC to focus a lil more on the tigers.

In reference to your comment about Medley keeping the Gville team from getting unsportsmanlike conduct and personal foul penalties:

Any team in that region that has played at FCS knows that all the opposing team's players have to do to get a penalty is look cross-eyed at one of the green men to get a flag. Talk about special treatment!!!!

Your the one that mentioned special treatment. Not any FC fan(s). We don't ask for any special treatment or expect any. It's the publics that cry "it's not fair" or "give them a multiplier" so we won't have to play them evenly.

As for personal fouls and unsportsmanlike conduct penalties I think you can ask any team in the Region and their fans and players would agree that G-Ville's players the past 2 years have led Region 4 in those violations. FC fans still remember the cheap shot on our freshman punter 3 years ago that broke his leg after the punt was long gone. Funny thing though is that same FC player is now an all-state Sr. LB with a debt to repay one last time this year. Since that game FC has not lost to Gordonsville and rallied in that game from a 2 touchdown deficit to lose 20-19 on a missed field goal as time expired.

I guess if you can't lead in the standings you might as well lead it in personal fouls. One player in particular seemed to relish getting those cheap penalties. Our kids will gladly take the first downs and easy yards if they wanna give em to us!

Best of luck and we'll see you in week 8. :thumb:

Edited by Volzchamps

Hey B.S.

Funny but isn't that the same thing you guys said about week #1 and SC.

Be very careful what you ask for because you might get it, Again! ! :blink:

No, I just always liked playing FC, and enjoy watching FC play Gordonsville. As for the SC/Gordonsville game. I picked SC to win, I know when a team is overmatched, in games, and when they are not. I am not going to be a homer and pick my favorite just because. You have to at least be realistic in some sense.

Preston is starting at fullback and has played very well thus far. He runs hard but is an exceptional blocker as well. He was injured but should return before week 8.

As for the week 8 game it should be a great game and atmosphere in G-Ville that night. I think FC is very beatable and G-Ville has the talent to do it. However, moss and B.S. running their mouths on the message boards won't make it any easier. If anything it might just help FC to focus a lil more on the tigers.

Actually, when have I been running my mouth? I have never said anything negative towards you, Fc, or any of the fans. You got in another thread stating how FC plays all the tough private school competition, and I simply went through your past schedules and found that, you really don't.

Actually, when have I been running my mouth? I have never said anything negative towards you, Fc, or any of the fans. You got in another thread stating how FC plays all the tough private school competition, and I simply went through your past schedules and found that, you really don't.

B.S.

In the past 10 years FC has played CPA, DCA, Ezell, FRA, DA, BGA, Boyd Buchannon. Some of these were on a fairly regualr basis due to being placed in the same Region for years and others were out of necessity in the TSSAA playoffs.

What other privates would you like us to play?

How many of those have SC and Gordonsville played? What were the records versus these privates?

Bottom line is that playing those teams forced FC to get better. Now when they travel to S. Pitt or TC the awe is somewhat lessened. When they travel to GHS & Watertown there is NO awe anymore, but rather a sense of confidence from recent successes.

See you in week 8, and please keep fueling the FC fires! :thumb:

B.S.

In the past 10 years FC has played CPA, DCA, Ezell, FRA, DA, BGA, Boyd Buchannon. Some of these were on a fairly regualr basis due to being placed in the same Region for years and others were out of necessity in the TSSAA playoffs.

How many of those have SC and Gordonsville played? What were the records versus these privates?

Bottom line is that playing those teams forced FC to get better. Now when they travel to S. Pitt or TC the awe is somewhat lessened. When they travel to GHS & Watertown there is NO awe anymore, but rather a sense of confidence from recent successes.

See you in week 8, and please keep fueling the FC fires! :thumb:

The only 2 that you mentioned that have been good year in and out are DCA and CPA. I only went back as far as CoachT would allow, b/c quite frankly, I don't keep up with FC. I went back to 2001.

Boyd has not been a powerhouse for that long. They did well starting about the early 2000's, but before that were too busy getting their head smashed by South Pitt.

DA won state, yes, in a class you FC would win state, along with alot of other 1A teams that could win state. Before that, they had a 7-4, and they put together a string of 5-6 seasons.

You have played Ezell-Harding once in the past 6 years. It was a 31-6 defeat. Good Job! Do you want a cookie for getting your teeth kicked in by an OK Ezell Harding team?

CPA and DCA are both good teams, but when was the last time you all played one another?Last I checked, it was 2002 the last time DCA played you, and you lost.

But enough about that...I really don't care who you play. B/c I don't care about FC, plain and simple.

B.S.

See you in week 8, and please keep fueling the FC fires! :unsure:

Are you a used car salesman, Lawyer, or history teacher? You can sure lay out the fertilizer, and history lessons. Not that much of it is correct. This board will have nothing to do with the games results. If it fires FC up I will try to get everyone I know on here. Wouldnt want you to say FC wasnt up for it.

The only 2 that you mentioned that have been good year in and out are DCA and CPA. I only went back as far as CoachT would allow, b/c quite frankly, I don't keep up with FC. I went back to 2001.

Boyd has not been a powerhouse for that long. They did well starting about the early 2000's, but before that were too busy getting their head smashed by South Pitt.

Last meeting between you and Boyd was 34-6 Boyd if you wanna talk about smashing heads. Of course you never got to see them at their best in 2003 and 2004 due to early exits in the playoffs.

DA won state, yes, in a class you FC would win state, along with alot of other 1A teams that could win state. Before that, they had a 7-4, and they put together a string of 5-6 seasons.

Why don't you schedule them (DA) and see what happens. I guess uuperman gives you a better chance at a .500 record, huh?

You have played Ezell-Harding once in the past 6 years. It was a 31-6 defeat. Good Job! Do you want a cookie for getting your teeth kicked in by an OK Ezell Harding team?

No cookies just wanted to pointed out that we'll play em, will you? Didn't think so!! You wanna talk about teeth getting kicked in read the post below!!!

CPA and DCA are both good teams, but when was the last time you all played one another?Last I checked, it was 2002 the last time DCA played you, and you lost.

But enough about that...I really don't care who you play. B/c I don't care about FC, plain and simple.

Edited by Volzchamps

Are you a used car salesman, Lawyer, or history teacher? You can sure lay out the fertilizer, and history lessons. Not that much of it is correct. This board will have nothing to do with the games results. If it fires FC up I will try to get everyone I know on here. Wouldnt want you to say FC wasnt up for it.

Moss,

Here's the only history lesson you need to know!

2004 regular season @ Gordonsville 7 FCS 45

2004 playoffs @ FCS 42 GHS 6

2005 @ FCS 19 GHS 7

Remember stay focused until week 8. Wouldn't want anyone to sneak up on you and the tigers come in playing for 2nd or 3rd (again). :unsure:

For the record once again. Im not Moss. Im Mo$$$$ Thats MO money! Meaning thats what I always need Mo$$$$. By the way any of you rich boys at FC want to give a charitable contrubution to GV for some new bleachers. Bet I dont get any offers here. Help your neighbor, dont talk about what he dont have. Thats the Christian way. Shows friendship. No, go out and buy a new Lexus, we can manage. Thats why we are more determined to win. We need the proceeds to buy the bleachers. What do yall need? Anything we can help you with?

For the record once again. Im not Moss. Im Mo$$$$ Thats MO money! Meaning thats what I always need Mo$$$$. By the way any of you rich boys at FC want to give a charitable contrubution to GV for some new bleachers. Bet I dont get any offers here. Help your neighbor, dont talk about what he dont have. Thats the Christian way. Shows friendship. No, go out and buy a new Lexus, we can manage. Thats why we are more determined to win. We need the proceeds to buy the bleachers. What do yall need? Anything we can help you with?

Yeah we're trying to build a new school building! Any donations would be gladly accepted. If you hurry and get your donations in quickly we can add new students and get that 1.9 multiplier (public school equalizer) to bump us up to 2A where your kids might not have to face FC.

By the way your new building looks great and after all as tax payers all us FC alums got to help fund it, it was the right thing to do.

After sitting in your bleachers for the jr. high game earlier this year they seemed fine to me. Now the pressbox and home side might could use a lil work but I wouldn't know looking in from the far side. Might wanna talk to your buddies at SC they seem to get anything they need in the line of football $$$. You would think being the only program in SC with a gold or silver ball in the trophy case would help fund new bleachers at G-ville. Must be rough being the little brother to those guys at SC.

By the way No Lexus here just a beat up 1993 pick up truck. It's not much to look at but it's paid for and allows me to send my kids to a school where they get opportunities they might not get in Wilson Co. public schools. Bottom line -- its worth the sacrifice when it somes to your kids and their education,

isn't it ????????

Edited by Volzchamps