which section of tennessee has the best runners?

corey o'neill

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

basically the east is known for their poweful (par'ful) individuals and a couple of powerhouse teams (i.e.McCallie and Oak Ridge) where as middle tends to have more balanced teams lacking superstars, but still having 5+ fast guys who can compete as a team and win.

can we agree?

I'm not sure how you arrived at that. OR won AAA State last year with a #1 in 29th place. Not too powerhouse. Very well-balanced team--but no superstar at all, not last year.

I would argue that you've left off a few powerhouse schools from over the years: Knox Webb, Farragut, Kingsport D-B, Baylor, GPS, Knox West, Morristown West.

Maybe someone should add up all of the state championships for each grand division of the state and see who comes out on top. Woops, I just did it. For the boys, East has 34, Middle has 24, and West has 14. I guess some of that depends on how you group schools geographically, but even if I messed up a couple, it's pretty clear that history has been kind to the East.

http://www.tssaa.org/schdir/records/GetTheRecord.cfm

By the way, for the girls, the East's power is even more pronounced...

Edited by AEtheridge