Hendersonville

Back to the original topic, just exactly when has Hendersonville ever been a "Giant" in football. Let's see, was it in the 60's? No. Was it in the 70's? No. Was it in the 80's? Well, kinda when they made it to the semifinals in '88, but not "Giant" status. Was it in the 90's? Kinda again, got hammered by Oakland in the finals in '98. Moving on to the 2000's, was it then? No, not really "Giant" status, got hammered again by Riverdale in the finals. As an alum of Hendersonville, I really wish they would finally win a state title. All of the resources are in place in a wealthy community and an excellent coaching staff. I think maybe it's time to stop sleeping and become a Giant...maybe start by beating Gallatin on a consistant basis. Until then, I would suggest a topic putting Hendersonville, football and "Giant" in the same sentence is sorta dumb, don't ya think? Now if this were on the soccer board you might have something. :lol:

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Back to the original topic, just exactly when has Hendersonville ever been a "Giant" in football. Let's see, was it in the 60's? No. Was it in the 70's? No. Was it in the 80's? Well, kinda when they made it to the semifinals in '88, but not "Giant" status. Was it in the 90's? Kinda again, got hammered by Oakland in the finals in '98. Moving on to the 2000's, was it then? No, not really "Giant" status, got hammered again by Riverdale in the finals. As an alum of Hendersonville, I really wish they would finally win a state title. All of the resources are in place in a wealthy community and an excellent coaching staff. I think maybe it's time to stop sleeping and become a Giant...maybe start by beating Gallatin on a consistant basis. Until then, I would suggest a topic putting Hendersonville, football and "Giant" in the same sentence is sorta dumb, don't ya think? Now if this were on the soccer board you might have something. :lol:

We may or may not have been Giants but the fact still remains we will beat beech......and as far as H'vill being a sleeping Giant.......i honestly think that maybe u guys are the ones sleepin on us....i sat and watched the Blackman scrimage........ the o-line led by Adam Burton and Zack Armstrong looked excelent......Robert Carlton and Anthony Moore along with Daren Roper ripped off big gains......and on deffense their backs and LB's like Zack Armstrong were great...even a hurt Mike Hart took up 2 or 3 lineman......on top of that it seemed to me even though Blackman dosent have a great team......they have a better offense than almost any team we played agianst....and deffinatly more talent than the teams of sumner county...so if we can stop them then the most logical thing to think is Beech who changed their Offense at halftime last season cuz they couldnt move the ball with Malcom wont win without him..... especialy if u are relying on apparently your 2 best players in Miles helton and Wes Elis...hahahahaha

We may or may not have been Giants but the fact still remains we will beat beech......and as far as H'vill being a sleeping Giant.......i honestly think that maybe u guys are the ones sleepin on us....i sat and watched the Blackman scrimage........ the o-line led by Adam Burton and Zack Armstrong looked excelent......Robert Carlton and Anthony Moore along with Daren Roper ripped off big gains......and on deffense their backs and LB's like Zack Armstrong were great...even a hurt Mike Hart took up 2 or 3 lineman......on top of that it seemed to me even though Blackman dosent have a great team......they have a better offense than almost any team we played agianst....and deffinatly more talent than the teams of sumner county...so if we can stop them then the most logical thing to think is Beech who changed their Offense at halftime last season cuz they couldnt move the ball with Malcom wont win without him..... especialy if u are relying on apparently your 2 best players in Miles helton and Wes Elis...hahahahaha

:lol: now you stepped overthe line. It shows what kind of class you have to bash kids on the internet. Miles made all mid-state last year and wes well wes is wes. I do not even know if wes is going to start. IT will all fall into place in the fall. I can tell you this...IF you think that miles and wes are all that Beech has this year you deffinatley are out of the loop on Beech football. AS

If you think that wes and miles are all that Beech has this year you are sadly out of the loop on Beech football. Miles made all mid-state last year and will probably make all-state this coming year. The reason that Beech changed formations at halftime is because they could. True they were getting stopped but at least they can change. and are coached well enough to be able to change when needed.also please do not go on the internet and bash the kids it shows poor class on your behalf.

If you think that wes and miles are all that Beech has this year you are sadly out of the loop on Beech football. Miles made all mid-state last year and will probably make all-state this coming year. The reason that Beech changed formations at halftime is because they could. True they were getting stopped but at least they can change. and are coached well enough to be able to change when needed.also please do not go on the internet and bash the kids it shows poor class on your behalf.

06 prediction for hendersonvilles region

Gallatin

Antioch

Mcgavock

Overton

Hunters lane

Hendersonville

06 prediction for hendersonvilles region

Gallatin

Antioch

Mcgavock

Overton

Hunters lane

Hendersonville

hahahaha.......im glad u all got a kick out of that but by no means did i ever mean to bash Miles.....i just think he's their best player.......and as far as Wes goes....if u hear him talk u would think he's the greatest player over there......i Recall him telling Mike Hart that he pancaked him multipul times last year.....when im pretty sure Wes was on the sidelines not even dressed out......my bad i uess i jus wasent paing atention to the way i worded it cuz my son says Miles is the only respectable one on the field for beech he dosent say much jus plays.....but wes...hahahahah if u see him jus tell him i hope the roids are working(yes i mean steroids) and come on with that prediction we all kno HHS will finish at least third

Edited by 2Truth

Blackman has more talent than the teams of Sumner County? Did you actually post that..... B)

Blackman has more talent than the teams of Sumner County? Did you actually post that..... :)

yep i did u tell me where else there is a 6ft 2in 215lbs Rb who runs a 4.4..........and another Rb that runs a 4.4 and a QB with a big arm who runs a 4.4........along with a huge O-line.....none of the teams around here not even galitan are that stacked.......im not saying their Dfense was great.....or that they were coached as well as the teams we play cuz their not but if coach lasitar(or whatever) was coaching there with the guys they had when HHS scrimaged them they would be fresh off of a state championship........Mims was by far the most athletic player ive seen and he was huge too