VandyMania the Magazine on sale now

CoachT

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's a list of the top 44 prep prospects in Tennessee listed in alphabetical order. It has their name, position, height/weight and school.

Thanks to all of you that have helped with compiling the list and to those who have ordered the magazine.

We may try ranking them next year. I'd have to get more information to do that though. I don't want to just haphazzardly rank a bunch of players. I'll consult CoachT and get some ideas from him.

Don

hey vandy...

what all is in the magazine about these players? is this just a list of all these players or maybe just a little bit written about each one?

Interesting list. Where is Chris Walker from Memphis Christian Bros? He's one of only five Tennesseans listed in the Rivals Top 150 along with Donald, Tate, Sykes & Smith. He's already been offered by a dozen D1 schools and at least 10 of these guys will be lucky to get any D1-AA offers!

Interesting list. Where is Chris Walker from Memphis Christian Bros? He's one of only five Tennesseans listed in the Rivals Top 150 along with Donald, Tate, Sykes & Smith. He's already been offered by a dozen D1 schools and at least 10 of these guys will be lucky to get any D1-AA offers!

I'm not trying to be critical of these kids on the list and wish them all the success in the world. So far I'm aware of 29 kids across the state who have received D-1 offers and 11 of those guys are not listed here! Sounds alittle suspect to me!

All of the following have received major college offers, while 26 of your top 44 have not, getting an offer this early from the big boys make you legit in my opinion.

BJ Coleman - McCallie

Josh hawkins - Loudon

Dennis Rogan - Fulton

Jamie Graham - Whites Creek

Dasmine Cathey - Ridgeway

Jaron Norfleet - Brentwood

Lagrone Shields - Ridgeway

Thomas Majors - Maplewood

Chris Walker - Christian Bros

Wade Bonner - Fayette-Ware

Darius Davis - Whitehaven

I'm not trying to be critical of these kids on the list and wish them all the success in the world. So far I'm aware of 29 kids across the state who have received D-1 offers and 11 of those guys are not listed here! Sounds alittle suspect to me!

All of the following have received major college offers, while 26 of your top 44 have not, getting an offer this early from the big boys make you legit in my opinion.

BJ Coleman - McCallie

Josh hawkins - Loudon

Dennis Rogan - Fulton

Don't forget Jared McGaha and John Bruhin who are both from Powell High School in Knox Co. and have several D-1 offers as well. Say what you want but these guys are bigger and better than a lot of the ones on the Vandy list. If this list is based on nominations then maybe the ones who didn't get listed were just nominated too late. Regardless, I hope all the guys who didn't get "named" to this list will realize that the good teams know who you are and don't neccessarily rely on a magazine to tell them who is the best. Doesn't McCallie's Coleman prove that? And shouldn't Vandy be looking for a QB? Strange. Oh well, good luck to everyone in the 06 season.

Edited by Ntheknow2

VandyMania admitted there are some players missing. That should be the end of it. No reason for anyone to get on here and get all wound up over it. Vanderbilt football is likely the focus, this is probably just one small section. I've seen the Tennessee preview magazine miss prospects, have them listed for the wrong high school, other mistakes, it's not a big deal. I really doubt if one the guys who posted earlier knows who has and who hasn't received an offer from a Division 1-A school, across the state, but regardless, no college coach is going to recruit a player more or less based on a mention on such a list.

I'm with Indian, everyone had 800 years to put these guys names on the list when Don first asked, where were you complainers at then. Everytime I got on Coacht I saw some new names that someone put up. I would rather you say "Hey these kids are flying under the radar a little, let me tell you about....." then to complain about every kid with talent not on the list. I applaud VandyMania at least he got the opinion of the fans and the people who actually go see these athletes play and I also applaud everyone who sent in their kids names and fought for them to be on the list. I dont know many magazines that do that and maybe they should, so complainers get over and be ready next year.

I'm with Indian, everyone had 800 years to put these guys names on the list when Don first asked, where were you complainers at then. Everytime I got on Coacht I saw some new names that someone put up. I would rather you say "Hey these kids are flying under the radar a little, let me tell you about....." then to complain about every kid with talent not on the list. I applaud VandyMania at least he got the opinion of the fans and the people who actually go see these athletes play and I also applaud everyone who sent in their kids names and fought for them to be on the list. I dont know many magazines that do that and maybe they should, so complainers get over and be ready next year.

Sorry for being a "complainer". I'm not a Vandy fan nor have any objective to get anyone added to the list. I made one suggestion and he was not on the list and I didn't complain about it. I was pointing out a discrepancy between major recruiting databases and the list to make VandyMania more accurate and in tune with everybody else. As far as D-1 offers I got my info from Unapproved Website on confirmed D-1 offers not the gossip of all the good ole' boys on CoachT or the West End Starbucks crowd

Rivals isn't always exact either, and you should know "offered" and "is interested in" are often mixed up especially when the info comes straight from recruits. One of the players I looked up on Rivals, won't say his name, had nothing about any offers, just choices. I only looked up three before I found that one, didn't bother look them all up though I might later since I enjoy recruiting. I also think it's way too soon, and a little insulting, to say at least 10 of the 44 will be lucky to get a 1-AA offer. I doubt you've seen enough of all of them to make that call, and even if you have, some players make a big jump their senior year and others are offered on potential even if they didn't show a lot in high school.

Edited by Indian

BJ Coleman - McCallie

Josh hawkins - Loudon

Dennis Rogan - Fulton

Half of those guys are from Memphis, only a few of the 44 are from Memphis. That's probably mostly due to the lack of input from that area on this topic, that goes along with a lot of what I see on the site in general (lack of Memphis input).