Alcoa drops out of Integra Bowl in Kentucky ...

kentuckian

I am getting in this a bit late but here I go......

My first question is this...football is the most successful program at Alcoa and apparently has quite a bit of money. Why not, knowing how far you are going to play a game and that you are going to be the late game why not get hotel rooms and stay the night?? Where was it the softball team went, that was in that end of Tennessee, to play a softball game and it was postponed due to rain and the softball team with no preparation got hotel rooms and stayed...someone please explain that.

Curtis Higgins whom I have worked with, from what I have seen, is a fine man who runs a good program. If he was not I would say so without any problem.

They moved their game this year to the first game to get them out earlier, if they were going to drive back. Did Alcoa's player deserved to be ejected, yes. Did Hoptown's player deserve to be ejected, yes. The Alcoa fans can fuss all you want, but it is like most coaches know, and anyone who has watched sports knows, normally the person that starts it does not get caught, it's the second person who gets caught.

If you sign a contract you hold to it, if you do not wish to, whether or not your like the team or place you are going, it is common courtesy to buy out of it in enough time to allow the team to find another game. At least call them, do not send a check with a copy of the contract with the buyout total circled in the mail. This is a classless move for a program who I had respect for.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bottom Line. William Blount and Heritage should be playing Alcoa. Those kids played against each other growing up. It isn't like Alcoa is beating William Blount every year. I bet in the last 10 years they played William Blount won more against Alcoa than Alcoa won against them. I would bet my house that the William Balount players would much rather play against Alcoa than they would Clarksville Northeast. I would also bet that the Heritage kids would much rather play against Alcoa than Seymour

good post :D

I herd that Booker T. is coming to Alcoa.

Tom, I'm not a coach but do help help out with the Hopkinsville football team and you are dead wrong on several issues. First one of the TD's was called back because of one of Alcoa's players horsecollar Hoptown's DE to the ground. It is very visiable on film. 2nd Warren was nevered chocked it happen in front of me. Hoptown's player did hit him late in the facemask with his palm. After that Warren whipped him like a stepchild. It's hard to throw a guy out of the game when he is on his back getting hit several times on top of the helment.

Hoptown has offered to travel to knoxville to play the game but Aloca wants no part of this game. Hoptown is loaded this year and many KY colleges were going to attend the game (UK, UofL, WKY, EKY, murray state and Austin Pea were going to be there).

Tom, I'm not a coach but do help help out with the Hopkinsville football team and you are dead wrong on several issues. First one of the TD's was called back because of one of Alcoa's players horsecollar Hoptown's DE to the ground. It is very visiable on film. 2nd Warren was nevered chocked it happen in front of me. Hoptown's player did hit him late in the facemask with his palm. After that Warren whipped him like a stepchild. It's hard to throw a guy out of the game when he is on his back getting hit several times on top of the helment.

Hoptown has offered to travel to knoxville to play the game but Aloca wants no part of this game. Hoptown is loaded this year and many KY colleges were going to attend the game (UK, UofL, WKY, EKY, murray state and Austin Pea were going to be there).

Yeah...I'll bet Alcoa is scared to death to play Hoptown. :lol:

They play Maryville, Fulton, McCallie, and Loudon. All 4 of those teams could likely beat Hoptown...a couple would drill them. How is Hoptown suddenly loaded? Alcoa mashed them...in KY...last year. I don't think Alcoa has dropped off any. Unless you have about 10 transfers from Trinity or St. X...I don't think it would be a game this year either.

Edited by Antwan

Yeah...I'll bet Alcoa is scared to death to play Hoptown. B)

No one said that they were.
I don't think Alcoa has dropped off any. Unless you have about 10 transfers from Trinity or St. X...I don't think it would be a game this year either.
A pretty bold statement, considering that Alcoa is forking over thousands of dollars not to play the game. Edited by kentuckian

Why in the heck would Alcoa want to go play a team whose officials are ridiculous and basically did anything and everything that could be done to keep Hopkinsville in the game? Good move Alcoa, get away from all that crap. It is not like Hopkinsville has a chance to win. Last year Alcoa should have been won by 35 points. And the whole thing about Warren being thrown out last year was crap too.

I agree. I was at the game and it was ridiculous. They did try everything they could to keep them in the game and it still didn't work. Alcoa could have spotted trigg county 28 points and still beat them. They didn't want to go back up there to start their game at 11:30 again. Maybe this time they will be able to play at an organized game with proper timing and good officials.

Alcoa won 37-6.

And ... wasn't Warren ejected from another game during the playoffs? Gee, maybe the first one wasn't as much "crap" as you claim it was.

I can only imagine the sour grapes had Alcoa actually lost ...

There is no way in he** that Alcoa would have gotten beat in that game. The refs could have called every call for them and threw 8 of our starting players out of the game and we still would have waxed them.

No one said that they were.

A pretty bold statement, considering that Alcoa is forking over thousands of dollars not to play the game.

Read post #64 from the Hoptown fan. Yeah...they said Alcoa wanted no part of Hopkinsville. I don't think Alcoa is afraid of losing to Hopkinsville...they just don't want to play them. Evidently...the experience last year was not a good one. They paid the cancellation fee.

I never said Alcoa was afraid of Hopkinsville. The staff at Hoptown tells me that by playing Alcoa first game last year made them a better team and it showed by the end of the year Hoptown won their district and lost in the 3rd round by 3 points to the 3A runner-up. If I recall Alcoa won state without Warren and several other by a pretty wide margin. Alcoa replace Hopkinsville with Booker T. a team that Hopkinsville beat 55-7 with no starters playing the 2nd half. I was just saying that there were alot of KY college scouts who wanted to see Alcoa in person and now that won't happen. Hopkinsville RB Emanuel Taylor who played his first organize game against Alcoa (98yds rushing) is being hyped as KY Mr.Football and has offeres from every D.1 school in the south.

I agree. I was at the game and it was ridiculous. They did try everything they could to keep them in the game and it still didn't work. Alcoa could have spotted trigg county 28 points and still beat them. They didn't want to go back up there to start their game at 11:30 again. Maybe this time they will be able to play at an organized game with proper timing and good officials.

Are you sure you were at the right game? Alcoa played Hopkinsville, not Trigg County.

I never said Alcoa was afraid of Hopkinsville. The staff at Hoptown tells me that by playing Alcoa first game last year made them a better team and it showed by the end of the year Hoptown won their district and lost in the 3rd round by 3 points to the 3A runner-up. If I recall Alcoa won state without Warren and several other by a pretty wide margin. Alcoa replace Hopkinsville with Booker T. a team that Hopkinsville beat 55-7 with no starters playing the 2nd half. I was just saying that there were alot of KY college scouts who wanted to see Alcoa in person and now that won't happen. Hopkinsville RB Emanuel Taylor who played his first organize game against Alcoa (98yds rushing) is being hyped as KY Mr.Football and has offeres from every D.1 school in the south.

So what does wanting no part of someone mean? Geeee.