Will Jefferson County fare better this year than last

jchspats07

ok...here it is...Playoffs in 06? DEFF.. We are much big, faster, and stronger, and we all have better fundamentals about the game now and we all can trust one another to do their assignment...the Offensive line is where it starts 52 Denton at LG, C Bell, RG shiffer, RT Greene Y Rickard , H Whitehead, QB Gatlin HB McFall, Wr Sherrod and Stepp.....Deffinsivley...front 4 whitehead and denton on ends Townsend and Green/Robbins....Backers Yeary, Rickard,?, DB's Sherrod,mcfall and long....so we are solid and as for 2-8 its gone we are throguh with losing at jeff county...thats not what you do when your a patriot

Rickard 9 TE/OLB

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ok...here it is...Playoffs in 06? DEFF.. We are much big, faster, and stronger, and we all have better fundamentals about the game now and we all can trust one another to do their assignment...the Offensive line is where it starts 52 Denton at LG, C Bell, RG shiffer, RT Greene Y Rickard , H Whitehead, QB Gatlin HB McFall, Wr Sherrod and Stepp.....Deffinsivley...front 4 whitehead and denton on ends Townsend and Green/Robbins....Backers Yeary, Rickard,?, DB's Sherrod,mcfall and long....so we are solid and as for 2-8 its gone we are throguh with losing at jeff county...thats not what you do when your a patriot

Rickard 9 TE/OLB

WHOA....sounds like you are buying into Coach U's optimism. I look forward to seeing you guys head to the playoffs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rickard 9 TE/OLB

:blink:

Rickard 9 TE/OLB

What about the fullback position?

I think Sevier Co has established themselves as a solid #2 behind DB now, and they`re bringing a good amount of their offense back from last year. Thanks to a transfer Sevier Co's backfield is absolutely loaded now :blink: . The rest I agree are a tossup which is why its hard to predict what record the Pats will finish with. The battle for 3rd through 7th in the region will be a dogfight.

Good to hear that Stepp is coming out for football, always thought he projected as a better H.S player than middle school where RB's are 10 time more valuable than WR's. Biggest question is how will the running game be, might be smart to to go to more of a option spread this year since it looks like our best players are involved in the passing game. Guess we`ll have to wait till fall to find out what the strategy on offense will be.

Who is this transfer?

I believe you are forgetting about McFall who was also a middle school standout like Stepp, a better one too. McFall has a lot of potential with one year's experience.

Edited by JCTWP

Who is this transfer?

JC's own Shawn Hodge

I believe you are forgetting about McFall who was also a middle school standout like Stepp, a better one too. McFall has a lot of potential with one year's experience.

I didn`t forget about McFall at all, he's still learning how to be a RB. As far as I know McFall's entire career up until this point has been at QB. McFall is a terrific athlete and I know he was just a freshman, but he just didn`t appear to be a natural at RB last year. Our running game was less than steller last season, we didn`t have 1,000yd rusher for the 1st time in a LOOOOOOOOOOOOONG time. Its going to take more than one off season for McFall to fully learn how to be a RB IMO.

McFall was making the transition for QB in middle school to RB in HS, not to mention he was only a freshman. When you are still a kid going against fully matured seniors there are times when you might look a little out of place.

The fullback position will be the hardest to replace because Trey Reliford did so much for the team last year, both on the field and leadership wise.

Brett Denton has really turned into a hoss and will anchor the line. He went to the Univ of Bama camp of few weeks ago and was bragged on by some of the UA coaches.

And PTS, ill check on the date later in the summer, this was just the rundown i got from one of the coaches.

Coming off a 2-8 season and changing coaches,I think not.

Being a Patriot fan and reading the post on here for a few months, I thought I would go ahead, register and join in.

Coach U is not going anywhere. Even if the "powers that be" wanted him to, they can't do anything becasue of the pending law suit. If they terminated his contract now every time a player or parent did not like a coach there would be a freviless law suit. Coach U is there to stay 2 more years at least. Maybe longer if he lives up to his reputation and puts the team back to its winning ways.

The suit does not go to court until around October. I hope the team is on the right track by then. It will be hard enough for U as it is without this hanging over his head. I hope it all plays out in his favor.

The team has a problem with giving up once they fall behind. The only time they really dug down deep and over came was in the Morristown East game which went into several OTs and the Pats won.

Trey Reliford was a big time player the for Pats on both sides of the ball. His successor will probably be a Sophomore this coming year by the name of Will Brooks, 5'10 220lbs. Pretty strong kid in the weight room from what I hear. MVP on the Offense for the freshman team. He may play LB as well if needed. Brooks has an opportunity to help lead this team if tries hard enough.

The Pats will go to the play offs this year no doubt. Maybe into the second round.

GO PATRIOTS!!!