Db vs South

readnoevil

Greetings to the nemesis to the NE. Game time for DB and OR is getting closer everyday. You all is skeering me, sure am glad it is at the 'Ship. Oak Ridge opens the door to the new season this Friday night, time to see what the guys are made of. Plenty of talent, they just need to learn to work together.

ROLL WILDCATS ROLL :angry:

• Replies 298
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I spoke with the AD at D-B this morning and they are pre-selling general admission tickets now, however they did not release any tickets to South to sell. Tickets are only available from the D-B athletic department. My suggestion to anyone going is to get your tickets early. I remember one year arriving at 6:30 only to still be standing in line when kickoff arrived.

GO BIG BLUE!!!!!!

Im going with DB as well i mean really when was the last time south beat DB anyways? Doesnt matter about being close last year or the questionable looking secondary in the besty game DB will win like every year.

I agree South has said since 1993 that their gonna beat us an they havent yet an they dont look better than last years team an curt is not as good as everybody thinks but the but we (db) had a great practice an we r fired up for them rebs roll tribe keep the 13 year win streak goin

ROLL TRIBE ROLL

I am just waiting for Dr. VanNostrum and H.E. Pennypacker to show up. Maybe even the illusive Kel Varsen.

Those guys are just not the Football Fans that the Importer/Exporter is! But Pennypacker was a great choice, a rich industrialist... Dr. VanNostrum gets hung up on his meat slicer... Varsen, didn't he have SAAB Factory?

South got any trick plays up their sleeves for the Indians? Any chance that Jeffers will be in at QB for a play or 2 with Phillips @ Wideout?

Roll Tribe Roll

Giddy Up!!

I doubt that curt will make the move to wideout or take him out of the qb position all night. Who cares about last year or the last 13 years. Im anxious to see if the db defense can stop south. unlike everyone else i think this game might be high scoring and its going to come down to turnover ratio.

Oh and not only did we beat HV 42-0, it was 35-0 after sixteen minutes of play. Then they pulled phillips. I really dont know if db can get enough men to curt to bring him down, because on first contact he isnt going down.

And does anyone know how early tickets can be bought?

I agree South has said since 1993 that their gonna beat us an they havent yet an they dont look better than last years team an curt is not as good as everybody thinks but the but we (db) had a great practice an we r fired up for them rebs roll tribe keep the 13 year win streak goin

ROLL TRIBE ROLL

Anyone in their right mind that has followed South football would not have said we are going to beat D-B anywhere from 95 up until last year when we did have a legitimate shot at the Indians. The mid nineties up until the last couple of years were lean times for the Rebels, there were numerous coaching changes and some bad hires that hurt the program. I don't know how old your are but all you have to do is look at the first 14 years these two schools played each other to realize that this rivalry was very rarely decided by a large margin. I do have a question. Is that your personal opinion of QB Phillips? I have followed South football since the inception of the School in 1980. I watched all the games last year and the first game of this year. In my opinion this team is better than last years team. Does that mean they win Thursday night? I have no idea, but I say they have a legitimate shot. Why else play the game? I have nothing but respect for the D-B program. Here is hoping for a well played injury free game.

GO BIG BLUE!!!!!

Edited by 83SouthRebel

This may be a 37-36 game instead of 7-6 like last year, turnovers and execution in the Red Zone will determine the number of scores. Both Teams will move the ball., they did last year, just didn't score. I expect the Indians will try and control the clock with a Full House Backfield. Tailbacks Sylvester and Barnes could have some big numbers and Bo Burton is a decent runner as well. DB's Wideouts making the plays when they have the opportunity will be a key (for the Indians Offense) Dobyns-Bennett has a number of different weapons on offense, other than those mentioned.. add Throp, Sensabaugh Burnette and Pappas. Did DB have any catches from the TE position against Betsy??

From South, we all know about Phillips, and that is all you hear about. Who else is going to make plays for the Rebels? Give us some names of your Offensive threats.

And make no mistake about it.. Phillips could down with one hit from DB's LB's Pappas, Marsh, Thompson and Burnette.... and if he does, he will feel it. I would expect that DB is going to be keying on South's key player, Dog Safety #45 Brandon Lawson should be on the field with one player in focus on every play.

Can't wait for Thursday Night

Bonus**Friday go catch Gate City vs Richlands @ Gate City

Roll Tribe Roll

Giddy Up!!