Db vs South

readnoevil

The visitor bleachers are not only hard but they are unsafe.....I know that something could be done about that with all the money coming through that school, what wil take for an child or senior citizen to fall through them?

Surely you are not harping about stadiums and all the money that comes through the school? I have been to Steve Spurrier field and it aint exactly top o da line. :thumb:

• Replies 298
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Surely you are not harping about stadiums and all the money that comes through the school? I have been to Steve Spurrier field and it aint exactly top o da line. :thumb:

It's managed by the parks and rec but I don't think you have to worry about falling through the openings or having the handrails come off the structure.....you should really try to make it through an game with an lil one and why the break at the 50?

Well they already started cancelling South JV games.....

DB freshman play at South this Thursday at 5:30. On behalf of those Rebel fans (sure they won't mind), I'd like to cordially invite all the Dobyns Bennett fans to South High School to watch the young Rebels and Indians have a go at it. :thumb: I'll save you a seat.

People in glass houses should not throw stones. You can't ignore the south fans/players actions and then hang your opinion on not liking one kid. I live in Colonial Hgts and the entire DB game week I was in several restaurants where South kids came in wearing lude shirts pointed toward DB. Why would I take my daughter to eat at these establishments and give them my money when I can go into town and not have to deal with that? What about the South "fans" that poured coke on the DB band when they were standing on the sidelines? What about the players giving Throp the business on the sidelines when he was laying there hurt (ended up only being a cramp but who knew initially)? And you are totally blowing off the lude shirts about Throp. I heard the fans AND players were wearing them. Well, I can't believe coach Carter would allow players to wear shirts under there pads like that! Shock and awe! The DB fans clapped for the South kid (Flethcer I think) that hobbled off the field late. We clapped for your band but I doubt there was 10 people that clapped for the DB band. What about the "banned" Rebel (racist) flags that fly 4 wide from every pick em up truck clunking around Colonial Heights? I was at the Morristown West playoff game last year and I KNOW those fans took offense to them...they weren't shy about letting it be known. What about the cheap shot on Burton late in the game LONG after the play was down field? So don't talk about rednecks and busting toe

You want to talk about excuses only when it applies to your view of DB but can't look inside your own house and see your own rednecks. DB could play like preachers and you would find something to hate...the nachos were cold, the bleachers were too hard, blah blah blah

dee dee de de dee ...news flash. We live in Tennessee and are considered rednecks by every other state with exception to Kentucky, West Virginia and North Carolina. Having that been said, lets not get on a rant about who's the bigger badder redneck and stick to the game. Some things were said and done that probably would have been banned by the FCC. Thats kinda wart thay meen when they say's rivalry. Doncha thank?

Dont go DB fans it's a trap!!!! hahah ok so I was kinda kidding and kinda not...DB freshman slacking this year...but either way I hope they play...hopefully South wont cancel this one

Come on Contender :thumb: . Sounds like a great opportunity to see what's coming down the pike for both programs. By the way, don't downplay the Indian freshman yet. They've not played a game yet. They'll play - this one won't be cancelled. Find me and I'll buy you a Coke. ;)

Come on Contender B) . Sounds like a great opportunity to see what's coming down the pike for both programs. By the way, don't downplay the Indian freshman yet. They've not played a game yet. They'll play - this one won't be cancelled. Find me and I'll buy you a Coke. :o

Whats coming down the pike is another drubbing of the Rebels just like the past 14 years. You should know that by now.

Just a few comments in response to the hanging "puddin" party: Lighten up!

You can't really be supporters of the program or high school football in general as you offer up such toxicity. Puddins' final line tells you his level of commitment and support, "I think next year, I'll just skip the DB at South game.... you don't want my 2 cents anyway". You got that right. Shoot, I forgot... you drove 35 minutes to get to the game. Your medal of honor is in the mail.

Coach Carter and his staff have done a great job turning the program around since the moment he took the job. Check the records and get a grasp of their commitment to the program and their players. It speaks for itself to those who are receptive to the truth. They had a bad game, but don't deserve to be assassinated. It's telling how certain personalities/characters expose themselves by piling on and stirring it up when someone has faultered. Yes, your team (or so you say) plays a bad game and you toss a grenade at their leadership and walk away. Easy when you can single out real people by name and attack them anonymously. The gentlemen you attack will pick up the pieces and move on.

Your statements about Phillips selfishness don't make sense either. You say, "Tell me, why is it that if there is any kind of a hole formed by the offensive line, Phillips pulls the ball and follows the RB through the hole? Why is it when there is no hole, Phillips gladly gives the ball away." You can't be basing that on last year when both of their most talented RBs, McMillin and Sandidge had great years. The D. never knew who had the ball...ask DB or anyone in the MLC. You must be basing it on the Happy Valley game....well no, Phillips only ran it 4 times with 2 being scrambles. Then it must have been in the jamboree, but then he didn't run at all. That leaves the scrimmage against Volunteer when he was selfishly trying to pad his all important scrimmage stats. That leaves the DB game that we just painfully endured. You can't be telling us that when he doesn't see a hole, he gives it to the back. There was no hole, he kept the ball and got rocked. Yea, he's selfish like that to pad his stats. The way I saw it, there were a couple of times that he missed a read and paid the price, but it certainly wasn't because he was selfish. He's a high school football player doing the best he can, just like the center that got hurt and the soph. replacement that got stuck into a bad situation that got worse. Who's more disappointed, the players and coaches or you?

This year could be tough for South. They graduated some great seniors, have limited depth and have already lost some critical players from this years squad. The MLC is looking stout. The true character of an individual/team/supporter is revealed when adversity is encountered. The jury is out, but I'm betting on the 1st two and the majority of the 3rd. Unfortunately there will always be masked, unfulfilled grumblers waiting for someone to stumble so they can temporarily feel better by pretending to be experts and piling on. Support these young coaches and players rather than attack and try to divide them. If you feel a great need to inform them of their errors, send them a note, schedule an appointment or invite them to your next coaching clinic. Show the same class you criticise DB's #20 for not having.

On a more positive note, congrats to D.B. on a great game. Also, the D.B. band rocks. They are a first class organization that represents our region well. If both student sections and crowds could show the same class as the band and coaching staffs, we would be all the better. :o

Just a few comments in response to the hanging "puddin" party: Lighten up!

You can't really be supporters of the program or high school football in general as you offer up such toxicity. Puddins' final line tells you his level of commitment and support, "I think next year, I'll just skip the DB at South game.... you don't want my 2 cents anyway". You got that right. Shoot, I forgot... you drove 35 minutes to get to the game. Your medal of honor is in the mail.

Coach Carter and his staff have done a great job turning the program around since the moment he took the job. Check the records and get a grasp of their commitment to the program and their players. It speaks for itself to those who are receptive to the truth. They had a bad game, but don't deserve to be assassinated. It's telling how certain personalities/characters expose themselves by piling on and stirring it up when someone has faultered. Yes, your team (or so you say) plays a bad game and you toss a grenade at their leadership and walk away. Easy when you can single out real people by name and attack them anonymously. The gentlemen you attack will pick up the pieces and move on.

Your statements about Phillips selfishness don't make sense either. You say, "Tell me, why is it that if there is any kind of a hole formed by the offensive line, Phillips pulls the ball and follows the RB through the hole? Why is it when there is no hole, Phillips gladly gives the ball away." You can't be basing that on last year when both of their most talented RBs, McMillin and Sandidge had great years. The D. never knew who had the ball...ask DB or anyone in the MLC. You must be basing it on the Happy Valley game....well no, Phillips only ran it 4 times with 2 being scrambles. Then it must have been in the jamboree, but then he didn't run at all. That leaves the scrimmage against Volunteer when he was selfishly trying to pad his all important scrimmage stats. That leaves the DB game that we just painfully endured. You can't be telling us that when he doesn't see a hole, he gives it to the back. There was no hole, he kept the ball and got rocked. Yea, he's selfish like that to pad his stats. The way I saw it, there were a couple of times that he missed a read and paid the price, but it certainly wasn't because he was selfish. He's a high school football player doing the best he can, just like the center that got hurt and the soph. replacement that got stuck into a bad situation that got worse. Who's more disappointed, the players and coaches or you?

This year could be tough for South. They graduated some great seniors, have limited depth and have already lost some critical players from this years squad. The MLC is looking stout. The true character of an individual/team/supporter is revealed when adversity is encountered. The jury is out, but I'm betting on the 1st two and the majority of the 3rd. Unfortunately there will always be masked, unfulfilled grumblers waiting for someone to stumble so they can temporarily feel better by pretending to be experts and piling on. Support these young coaches and players rather than attack and try to divide them. If you feel a great need to inform them of their errors, send them a note, schedule an appointment or invite them to your next coaching clinic. Show the same class you criticise DB's #20 for not having.

On a more positive note, congrats to D.B. on a great game. Also, the D.B. band rocks. They are a first class organization that represents our region well. If both student sections and crowds could show the same class as the band and coaching staffs, we would be all the better. ;)

Absolutely Outstanding Post. ;) Now let's all move on. D-B good luck against Bearden, I will be pulling for you and Rebs it's gut check time! Let's take care of the Cougars.