Pigeon Forge

I understand the players really enjoyed the 12:01 am practice the other night.

Leonard, the boys I talked to really did enjoy the entire night, even spending the night in the lockerroom and the early practice the next morning and amazingly there were probably 150 people in the stands. The Tigers are on the road right now to Lexington KY for a week of three a days. I have watched this bunch of seniors play since they were grasscutters. They are a hard working group.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Leonard, the boys I talked to really did enjoy the entire night, even spending the night in the lockerroom and the early practice the next morning and amazingly there were probably 150 people in the stands. The Tigers are on the road right now to Lexington KY for a week of three a days. I have watched this bunch of seniors play since they were grasscutters. They are a hard working group.

That's just cool-that kind of fan support is refreshing. Going all the way to Lexington for practice as a team is neat too. I guess there is a lot less distractions that way. This team deserves to do well this year and I hope they do.

They'll enjoy the Georgetown Campus. Especially with the Bengals practicing close by. Not much to do in Georgetown but football and dorm life, but for two a days that is all they need.

You're probably right, Double L. Back when I played high school football, I would have loved practicing on a college campus. It would have been such a big deal to us twenty-plus years ago. I remember when we went to a team basketball camp one summer. The coach treated us to a steakhouse one evening and we thought we'd died and gone to heaven! I hope these kids get a lot out of this experience and they take it with them through life.

Hey SCW86, you went to Wartburg, right? Who was the basketball coach when you were there? Granted, yer probably before my time, but just for curiosity's sake, who was yer coach?

Well, Brother-Canine, I actually had three basketball coaches at the Burg. For two years, it was Ed Diden who is director of schools at Cannon County now; then for one year it was Allen Snow who left after a couple of years and I'm not sure where he is today; and for a little while it was Dallas Davis who is as well known around Wartburg as any coach the town's ever seen. I haven't lived in Wartburg for years or Morgan County for that matter, but I do try to keep up with Wartburg sports and other county teams, as well. By the way, I was certainly no star in basketball but I played with some pretty good players. I wasn't no Jerry Rice either, but I was pretty good in football. Oh, how the years go by.

Hmm. Never knew Diden coached. He was principal there during the short time I went to the high school. I went there the last semester of my freshman year before I transfered back to Coalfield. Weird that I live 5 minutes from Wartburg's high school yet I spent most of high school at Coalfield. So I'm a brother-canine by association, kinda pays off at the ballgames because practically most of the younger people and their parents know who I am so they can't rip into me too much. :lol:

Hmm. Never knew Diden coached. He was principal there during the short time I went to the high school. I went there the last semester of my freshman year before I transfered back to Coalfield. Weird that I live 5 minutes from Wartburg's high school yet I spent most of high school at Coalfield. So I'm a brother-canine by association, kinda pays off at the ballgames because practically most of the younger people and their parents know who I am so they can't rip into me too much. :lol:

Well, actually the "brother-canine" moniker was just a play on words to your Coach T handle. I certainly wouldn't use that handle for myself either, as I'm just a casual fan these days. Sure I like to catch a Wartburg game occasionaly, but I'm just too far removed from that school to show any "school spirit." Besides the always fierce rivalry with Coalfield, I must say I made a sport of chasing Coalfield girls back in the day....but THAT'S a story for another time!!LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!

• 2 weeks later...

THEY SCRIMMAGE A TEAM FROM KENTUCKY AND IT WENT REALLY WELL. THE TEAM THEY SCRIMMAGED HAS BEEN TO THE SEMI FINALS IN KENTUCKY THE PAST THREE YEARS AND WE HANDLED OURSELFS PREALLY WELL AGAINST A VERY BIG PHYSICAL SQUAD.

THEY ALSO SCRIMMAGED ###### COUNTY YESTERDAY AND FROM WHAT I SAW ON FILM IT WAS A VERY INTENSE, PHYSICAL SCRIMMAGE. BOTH TEAMS GOT SOME VERY GOOD LOKS ON BOTH SIDES OF THE BALL.

AS FAR AS THE SCORES AND DONT KNOW WHAT THEY WERE