Pigeon Forge

Pigeon Forge will at least be in the playoffs. I would much rather be in the playoffs as well as a winning record, than be a bottom dwellar and not in the playoffs.

yea they also arent playing the past 5 outta 6 state champions either in the reg season are they?

I mean im not feeling sry for the highlanders when i was there we won the district then lsot to maryville. Pigeon forge is a good team but cannot compete with teams like Knox Catholic, Austin East, Fulton, LA, AC, Kingston. Even scott high couble make the playoffs every year in region 1. I think ur good at hearing the gossip wats the new word on the new region alignment?

Edited by Old_Highlander_13

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hey old highlander 13 what region does gp play in again. oh wait they play teams like south green and north green who all are like the cosby of region 2 so you dont have crap to say in this cause pf thrashed gp on there home field and will do the same this year at the tigers den and as we all know, when gp loses to a team twice in row they will take them off thier schedule and that will be the end of that intracounty rival just like they did seymour last year. and since when has gp played a state champ in the regular season. so shut your mouth until you learn your high school football

hey old highlander 13 what region does gp play in again. oh wait they play teams like south green and north green who all are like the cosby of region 2 so you dont have crap to say in this cause pf thrashed gp on there home field and will do the same this year at the tigers den and as we all know, when gp loses to a team twice in row they will take them off thier schedule and that will be the end of that intracounty rival just like they did seymour last year. and since when has gp played a state champ in the regular season. so shut your mouth until you learn your high school football

first off im not from GP or cosby so that makes no since im from SCOTT HIGH not gp LEARN UR FACTS before u start talkin u need to learn ur high school football and scott never has lost to gibbs in like the past 5 years when scott went 1-9 they beat gibbs. Scott would be in the top 3 every year in region one and woulda won it last year without a doubt cause noone can stop wesley smith just ask the teams from region 2. (excluding Austin East they did a very good job but he still had 115 yards)

Edited by Old_Highlander_13

Not to change the subject, but when was the last time the Highlanders from Scott Co. made the playoffs? Before Knox Catholic, Austin East, and LA joined the region I don't remember many times that Scott made the Playoffs. I do remember the Scott Brummitt year. They were a good football team that year.

I do totally disagree with the statement that Old Highlander 13 made about winning region 1. They would have had to win more than 3 games to even be thought of to win any other region. They beat TAFT, barely beat a last place Gibbs, and beat York Institute. I don't consider that a team to beat many teams at all in Region 1-3A. I do think they would do better, because of mental aspects of the league. I do wish the Highlanders lots of luck, but until they play someone besides the non-region patsy's they will never be considered an average team. As a coach one tends to play some easier teams in non-region play due to the amount of losses he takes in the region. I think the former coach was smart about scheduling Gibbs, York, and Taft, knowing he was gonna lose many region games as well as to Oliver Springs.

Not to change the subject, but when was the last time the Highlanders from Scott Co. made the playoffs? Before Knox Catholic, Austin East, and LA joined the region I don't remember many times that Scott made the Playoffs. I do remember the Scott Brummitt year. They were a good football team that year.

I do totally disagree with the statement that Old Highlander 13 made about winning region 1. They would have had to win more than 3 games to even be thought of to win any other region. They beat TAFT, barely beat a last place Gibbs, and beat York Institute. I don't consider that a team to beat many teams at all in Region 1-3A. I do think they would do better, because of mental aspects of the league. I do wish the Highlanders lots of luck, but until they play someone besides the non-region patsy's they will never be considered an average team. As a coach one tends to play some easier teams in non-region play due to the amount of losses he takes in the region. I think the former coach was smart about scheduling Gibbs, York, and Taft, knowing he was gonna lose many region games as well as to Oliver Springs.

1998 is when brummet played and lets see 1979 went 9-1 but only 1 team went then 1984 won the distirct then lost to maryville in the 1st round 1994 2nd round.

then 1998 and imo in 2002 i think when jordon jeffers was there they should of went cause he is the fastest guy in TN :rolleyes: you say we barley beat gibbs maybe because wesley smith didnt play but 1 quater of the game

Many schools have a great athlete that gets hurt, but others pick up the slack. Apparently no one else picked it up. Should have and could have don't go very far in most peoples books. How do you think that Lenior City feels, they are playing in the best league in TN now. I bet that Nick White would love to go back and play in Region 2-3A. You are playing with teams with the same amount of kids in school, yet continue to remain at the bottom. I do agree that region 2-3A is a much better league than region 1-3A, but to say that the last place team in that region would win the region 1-3A is crazy. Wesly Smith or not, they still lost 7 games. That does not say much for the Highlanders. Once again I am not saying Scott would not do better in region 1-3A, just would not be at the top. When Scott Co plays non-region games with competitive teams and win, they will get the respect and talk that you think the so rightly deserve. Yes they are playing in the toughest league in 3A, but they are still not dominating the below average teams on the schedule. Good luck to the Highlanders.

I think only AE has less students then Scott and Scotts offense was designed for 1 player and 1 player alone. Which i tihnk is stupid as u said and respect I have lil respect for the highlanders these days ill always be a supporter I just think that if they went to region 1 they would make the playoffs almost every year and thsi all started with the guy from Pigeon forge saying i was from GP and sayign they killed scott in that scrimage. 2008 will be the year for the highlanders if they do anything.

You seem to know alot have you heard anything bout the new region alignment for 2008? is it fulton and AE are goin to region 1 and stone memorial is coming in along with another team for region 1 or is it just a rumor?

old highlander how can you say you have little respect for the highlanders these days and then say you are a supporter. your either with them or your not.The highlanders wont be a team built around 1 kid this year with this new coaching staff there will be lots of kids being called on. GO HIGHLANDERS LETS GET BACK TO THE OLD DAY WHEN IT WAS GO BIG RED!

Edited by 4/4 STACK

old highlander how can you say you have little respect for the highlanders these days and then say you are a supporter. your either with them or your not.The highlanders wont be a team built around 1 kid this year with this new coaching staff there will be lots of kids being called on. GO HIGHLANDERS LETS GET BACK TO THE OLD DAY WHEN IT WAS GO BIG RED!

Im a huge highlander supporter I just do not like the playing style these dayz.

If you remember the old days liek your name says thats teh defense we shut down tuns of teams and we hit they dont hit these days. These kids need to bring back the highlander pride like you just said

Thats only a rumor. Several teams will make the jump to 4A, and will settle the numbers back to a more comfortable league.

Seymour 1,079

Carter 896

Union Co 888

Gibbs 871

Rutledge 814

Claiborne 804

Pigeon Forge 769

This is how region 1 fares, but will likely lose Seymour to 4A.

Region 2

Kingston 677

Loudon 675

Austin-East 702

Scott 741

Livingston Academy 889

Fulton 982

Catholic 986

Anderson Co. 1,051

If you look at both regions the numbers will tell you who is leaving. Several teams from region 3-3A will probably go up to. Its hard to tell what will happen. Stone could very easily come this way to. I don't see Fulton or AE leaving region 2-3A. AC will be 4A next go around, and so will Seymour, but with Loudon coming back in they will get AC's place.

I just don't see it happening. If you look at region 3-4A over the past 12 years. It has been the strongest league in TN. Even though several teams could have one it out of that region every year, they still did not break it up. With the position geographically speaking Scott Co will remain in that league with the the majority of the same teams. Give or take 1 more than AC.

Edited by LEONARDSLOSERS