Ripley football ?

Laser Rex

Stinks about McAdams, good family, good coach, good guy. They will be missed in Ripley. He sent several players on to College Football. Probably sent more to play college ball than any other coach in West Tn over the past 10 yrs, besides Melrose. Seemed to have some really good connections with the college coaches of the area. I heard he was really close to Cutcliffe and Fulmer. Someone said that he played for them. Don't know for sure. I know he played at Tennessee, not for sure when or for who.

Who is being mentioned as a replacement??..It's awful close to the season beginning

I believe the player you are thinking about is Ramone Foster...

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Were will Cole be going to school this year? If Johnny is teaching in Huntingdon will Cole go to Huntingdon or back to Lexington? Put Cole on the field with Donald and some good things can happen. Go back to Lexingdon and help their program. Either way both teams and Towns will welcome him and his family.

Hope the family gets thru their problems and Ripley does well in the future.

Edited by Blue and Gold

Were will Cole be going to school this year? If Johnny is teaching in Huntingdon will Cole go to Huntingdon or back to Lexington? Put Cole on the field with Donald and some good things can happen. Go back to Lexingdon and help their program. Either way both teams and Towns will welcome him and his family.

Coach Mac is going to be the principal at the Carroll County Tech School. Cole is going to attend Lexington High.

Edited by RipleyTiger54

WRONG, I do and I try to teach my sons right from wrong everyday. I never said he was great, only how the kids felt. How can you judge a coach's ability on a series against one team. Many have fallen to Covington. The 2006 team lost only 2 seniors from last year, and they have 7 kids benching around 300, one at 400 and the team is the fastest in many years. I will be the first to predict this will be the year Covington falls. The next coach will get a lot of the credit for the work Coach Mac has done. The year before Coach Mac arrived, the team was 0-10. In 7 years, Coach Mac has turned the program around. He's given us a region championship and 6 winning seasons. Now it's time to move on. As a community, I hope we get behind these kids and support them. Good wishes to everyone and GO TIGERS!

I don't have a problem with getting behind the players and supporting them--I always have. I don't think you can speak for every kid that has come through the football program these past years that Coach McAdams has been here. Not every kid feels that way. You know, there have been other kids who have been pushed aside for various reasons--some of which were excellent athletes. Others couldn't take all the favoritism that has been shown towards others. As far as Covington goes, if Coach McAdams has been so great, don't you think he should have beaten them at least once? Maybe the year that he took the points off the board was the time for Ripley to beat Covington under McAdams' reign. Again, don't give McAdams credit for the region championship and winning seasons. If I am not correct, he didn't play the first down on the field--THE PLAYERS DID. A coach can only instruct--the players have to execute. As far has him leaving--all I can say is it is about time!

Again, I will just say that both towns better keep a close watch on their purse strings!

come on yall. i have absolutely nothing in this because i am from huntingdon, but i think the personal axe grinding and mud slinging should stop. this site is for football. and you are sadly mistaken if you think the coach has nothing to do with success. we have played some teams with outstanding athletes and no apparent game plan and they couldnt win. if kids dont have coaches they wont win, period. lets talk about football and get off peoples personal lives.

come on yall. i have absolutely nothing in this because i am from huntingdon, but i think the personal axe grinding and mud slinging should stop. this site is for football. and you are sadly mistaken if you think the coach has nothing to do with success. we have played some teams with outstanding athletes and no apparent game plan and they couldnt win. if kids dont have coaches they wont win, period. lets talk about football and get off peoples personal lives.

Sir, I agree with you whole-heartedly about good coaching being a huge part of any team's success, whether it be football or any other sport. However, since you are not from Ripley--let me make you aware of a thing or two. In our town, if the team succeeds, then it has only been because of our outstanding coach and not the players' efforts themselves. In Ripley, many folks put our former coach and his family above everything else, even when right and wrong came into play. In fact, when it was discovered about funds being missing, I hear that many of these fans of the coach asked that nothing be done because of him and the desire to have him continue coaching. Nothing else mattered but keeping Coach Mac here. There are some things that go beyond coaching, football, etc. Right and wrong is right and wrong in any aspect of life, INCLUDING football. Let's hope that the Ripley Tigers can show everyone that they are a team to be reckoned with, irregardless of who the coach is.

WRONG, I do and I try to teach my sons right from wrong everyday. I never said he was great, only how the kids felt. How can you judge a coach's ability on a series against one team. Many have fallen to Covington. The 2006 team lost only 2 seniors from last year, and they have 7 kids benching around 300, one at 400 and the team is the fastest in many years. I will be the first to predict this will be the year Covington falls. The next coach will get a lot of the credit for the work Coach Mac has done. The year before Coach Mac arrived, the team was 0-10. In 7 years, Coach Mac has turned the program around. He's given us a region championship and 6 winning seasons. Now it's time to move on. As a community, I hope we get behind these kids and support them. Good wishes to everyone and GO TIGERS!

Page I know you are not posting about things you don't know about. Get all your facts straight before posting. Yuor son has to be posting this not you.

Sir, I agree with you whole-heartedly about good coaching being a huge part of any team's success, whether it be football or any other sport. However, since you are not from Ripley--let me make you aware of a thing or two. In our town, if the team succeeds, then it has only been because of our outstanding coach and not the players' efforts themselves. In Ripley, many folks put our former coach and his family above everything else, even when right and wrong came into play. In fact, when it was discovered about funds being missing, I hear that many of these fans of the coach asked that nothing be done because of him and the desire to have him continue coaching. Nothing else mattered but keeping Coach Mac here. There are some things that go beyond coaching, football, etc. Right and wrong is right and wrong in any aspect of life, INCLUDING football. Let's hope that the Ripley Tigers can show everyone that they are a team to be reckoned with, irregardless of who the coach is.

all i am saying is this is the wrong place to be airing dirty laundry. by the way, i understand yall are going to be at our jamboree this year. i think we are playing yall. looking forward to playing what i understand is a class football team.