Need some help from you Huntington, Milan fans

We play Dresden week 0 at our place this year. Them being so far away, we really don't hear alot about that region alot but i was just wondering how they were supposed to be this year, how many they lost from last year and things like that. I know playing them last year that they were really physical and liked to run the ball right down your throat. So yeah they were probably one of the hardest hitting teams we played last year! And i know they didnt' really compete good in yall's region last year but i thought they were a really good, competitive team just in a region that is stacked like ours. But yeah was just trying to get some input back on how they were supposed to be! Good luck to yall's region this year and hopefully we'll see your region in the quaterfinals of the playoffs!

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Come on region 7-2A fans, yall know more about this team then i could think about knowing. I just need to know what they're returning and stufff like that, film from last year can just help us with what they run but knowing who they have back could be beneficial in the long run...lol...thanks for the help guys!

They have Matt Hewitt back and that is the most important thing. He'll be one of the best backs in West Tennessee this year if he can stay healthy. They have one big Tackle who is pretty good named Vallee. They're quarterback is just a sophomore. They will be a good team, but not great. They are poorly coached in my opinion, so they'll never be too great with this guy. You don't have much to worry about I don't think.

They have Matt Hewitt back and that is the most important thing. He'll be one of the best backs in West Tennessee this year if he can stay healthy. They have one big Tackle who is pretty good named Vallee. They're quarterback is just a sophomore. They will be a good team, but not great. They are poorly coached in my opinion, so they'll never be too great with this guy. You don't have much to worry about I don't think.

For someone who is just out of college and just got their first teaching/caoching job, you sure like to throw criticism around freely. First your boss and now other coaches. I don't think that is a good way to start a career in the education business. Also didn't you coach at Greenfield the last few years? What was there record while you were there? Not very good, I'm sure. A little advice in starting your career, don't make enemies with everyone, you never know when their help might be needed.

As far as Dresden goes, with all the talent East Robertson has they have no worries with Dresden, I would spend most of my time preparing for the second game.

Hewitt is the real deal at running back and for East Robertson fans and players I'm sure I don't have to remind you that Dresden is a team that had you beat and really blew the game last year when you guys met. Dresden will be a better team this upcoming year and ER could be in a bit of trouble. I still like ER to win the game because they have the homefield and outside of Goodpasture they're the best 2A team in the midstate BUT in reality everyone knows that 2A's best are in the west (outside of Alcoa & Tyner) :thumb:

Yeah i thought they had there big RB this year, and for last year's game, naw they didn't blow it, we just figured out how sucky we was playing and came out and outscored them 30-6 in the 2nd half. That was because we made changes and they didn't, we came out knowing we had to take care of buisness and we did it. Dresden is real physical and can't hit pretty hard in my opinion so yeah we're watching them the closest right now cause we have Harpeth and Forrest game 2 and 3 so i would rather look closely at them than lose to them and win the next 2 in a blowout. I don't know if i'll be back for the Dresden game cause i broke my leg 2 weeks ago in practice and there saying it might be close so i'm looking forward to seeing them in Cross Plains and hoping i can play!

For someone who is just out of college and just got their first teaching/caoching job, you sure like to throw criticism around freely. First your boss and now other coaches. I don't think that is a good way to start a career in the education business. Also didn't you coach at Greenfield the last few years? What was there record while you were there? Not very good, I'm sure. A little advice in starting your career, don't make enemies with everyone, you never know when their help might be needed.

As far as Dresden goes, with all the talent East Robertson has they have no worries with Dresden, I would spend most of my time preparing for the second game.

First of all, I don't know who you are, but I thought you should know that Josh didn't write that. I am his friend and I just use his screen name when I feel like posting on here because he has a membership thing. Anyways, who is his boss that he is attacking? And I was just saying the same thing another poster confirmed after me. East Robertson outscored Dresden 30-6 in the second half because Dresden didn't make any adjustments. I am sorry if I offended someone. I guess I should think about Josh's name before I say bad things about someone. My bad I guess! Dresden plays hard and I believe they will make the playoffs this year. My appologies to whoever was offended!

Sorry guys please excuse my friend/part time roommate. He is more trouble than he is worth sometimes. He told me what happened so I need to get on here and straighten things out. I think nothing but the best of coach Rodgers. He was there when I played, and he turned Dresden's program around. They were having trouble competing at 2A for a couple years, but now they are doing fine. I have had my own trouble at Greenfield for a couple of years now, and I will surely have some more down the road. I hope he didn't bother anyone, and I am sorry. I told him he had to get his own account, but he hasn't done it yet. Once again I am sorry. Josh

Yeah i thought they had there big RB this year, and for last year's game, naw they didn't blow it, we just figured out how sucky we was playing and came out and outscored them 30-6 in the 2nd half. That was because we made changes and they didn't, we came out knowing we had to take care of buisness and we did it. Dresden is real physical and can't hit pretty hard in my opinion so yeah we're watching them the closest right now cause we have Harpeth and Forrest game 2 and 3 so i would rather look closely at them than lose to them and win the next 2 in a blowout. I don't know if i'll be back for the Dresden game cause i broke my leg 2 weeks ago in practice and there saying it might be close so i'm looking forward to seeing them in Cross Plains and hoping i can play!

One reason East Robertson outscored Dresden 30-6 in the second half was because Hewett did not play at all in the second half due to cramps. After saying that I still believe ER should not worry to much about Dresden because they lost a lot of staters from a year ago that will be hard to replace.