Claiborne High School

bulldogQB2

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As close as I am to the Bulldog Organization I think the the Dawgs will have a better and the best season in school history. Liles, Holt and Helton have worked out together and the seniors have shown outstanding leadership.

The 1st game with Thomas Walker should be an offensive showcase (Liles had 300+ yds rushing and Helton 150+ yds last year)

Thomas Walker High School is in Lee County, Virginia.

It would be a Class 1A school and Claiborne (along with Cumberland Gap) has played them for years. The school is about 12 miles inside VA on US58.

Claiborne County High School (Blue Devils) played Pineville and Middlesboro, KY on a semiregual basis until something happened at one of the games to cause that rivalry to end.

Thomas Walker has a decent special teams package and is fair at the skill positions, but are lacking in depth and that is their achilles heel.

Both Claiborne and Cumberland Gap exploited this to their advantages last season to put up a statiticial and point explosion

hey,well bout the thomas walker issue,they might not be the best team in the world ,but they play and try hard,anmd with what they have they do alright,so dont be wragging on them,and as for claiborne,they are loaded with talent,i mean LOADED,but last year they were too,but when we played them(37-6)our team thought that it was going to be a lot tougher game,but if they can use all their talent to the fullest,and get a few breaks,i think they have a shot at winning their region,and maby go a few rounds deep in the playoffs,good luck guys :thumb:

cghs72,

Claiborne was talented last year but lacked maturity and leadership that wins games (you know what I'm talking about LOL).

Thomas Walker plays with pride regardless of what sport, they have had outstanding basketball and baseball teams as well.

I by no means am dissing the Pioneers. and as for the Panthers maybe you guys can host Alcoa in a second round playoff game. Good Luck

I would not want Claiborne to play Maryville first game. I am not at all dissing anyone. I was just saying if you plan on competing for the region title you better get some good game experience early.

Sometimes an early win or two will instill confidence, which will carry over to other more important games, so it can work both ways.

My son played for coach Liles when he was at Morristown East, and felt he was a good coach. It would be no surprise to those that know coach Liles to see the Bulldogs do well.

Leonard I agree to an extent but a early season good showing is a good-bad thing. If Carter started with a team like Oak Ridge or D-B parents would be screaming for heads. I would prefer playing a regional game and save a lesser opponent for the second or third game. But last year the Dawgs followed up their whuppin of T-W with a shutout loss to Carter. I guess we could ask Phil after Cali if playing Wyoming is better LOL.

Playing a powerful team (Maryville or such) would be hard to tackle when you have a small (in number of players) 3A team.

Barry Liles is a class individual his whole family is for that matter they are dear close friends and I want the Bulldogs to do well in 06.

I did not intend to say they should play a Maryville or a team like them. I still would find a team I could beat, but not a team that did not give me any look at all. They could still play a competitive 2A team, but one they could beat. I in no way wanted to put down Claiborne Co. I just was merely giving my opinion. If you go back and look at my posts from early spring you will see that I picked CC to be a top 2 or 3 team in region 1-3A. I do wish them lots of luck.