Gentry--A True Gentleman

steelerwhit

Heard the news today that Jimmy Gentry was returning to BA. I got goose bumps. If ever there was a man that God put on this earth to mentor young people, Jimmy Gentry is that man. Not only on the football field or the classroom, but also in life, Coach Gentry is as good as it gets. You can not help but to love and respect Coach Gentry as he loves and respects all those he touches. His return to the field is much bigger than the game of football. He inspires kids not only to play hard, but also to do the right thing. I was sad to hear about his wifes passing and I hope that his return will help fill that void, as his return will definately help fill the void our young kids so desperately need. "FIGHT'EM FOR FOUR RED".

I can't describe how much of a jewel Jimmy Gentry is. He is the quintessential example of why his generation was so great, and his life is a testament to compassion, selflessness, and courage. I went to the "Brentwood experience" camp on his farm one year during middle school...I admired that man greatly then, and I still do today. Hearing him poignantly talk about World War II's impact at home and abroad gave me a new passion for the subject and an even greater respect for the sacrifices he made.

I can't describe how much of a jewel Jimmy Gentry is. He is the quintessential example of why his generation was so great, and his life is a testament to compassion, selflessness, and courage. I went to the "Brentwood experience" camp on his farm one year during middle school...I admired that man greatly then, and I still do today. Hearing him poignantly talk about World War II's impact at home and abroad gave me a new passion for the subject and an even greater respect for the sacrifices he made.

I attended Brentwood experience for several summers and loved going back each year. This is definitely good news for the BA community.