SCIENCE HILL FOOTBALL 06

Things are quiet in the football corner on the Hill. I understand that there is some pressure being exerted concerning this year's football campaign? With total success being the goal, the coaching staff is at a turning point with their careers at the Hill if there isn't a turnaround? Is this true? Is this the way to start a season or do you let the cards fall and then make some moves if needed? Get it done or else I hear! Anyone else have an opionion?

• 3 weeks later...

Things are quiet in the football corner on the Hill. I understand that there is some pressure being exerted concerning this year's football campaign? With total success being the goal, the coaching staff is at a turning point with their careers at the Hill if there isn't a turnaround? Is this true? Is this the way to start a season or do you let the cards fall and then make some moves if needed? Get it done or else I hear! Anyone else have an opionion?

I don't know anything about the coaching staff and their future coaching careers. But, I did talk to the head coach and he said he thought they were going to have a pretty good team this year. Talked to another assistant coach and he said that they had a "GREAT" team this year and he was very excited! So...that is the latest word that I have.

I don't know anything about the coaching staff and their future coaching careers. But, I did talk to the head coach and he said he thought they were going to have a pretty good team this year. Talked to another assistant coach and he said that they had a "GREAT" team this year and he was very excited! So...that is the latest word that I have.

I am sorry, but I don't see "great" at all. I talked to a former player last night and his brother plays. He has some concerns. I was jogging around Liberty Bell the other night and stopped to watch practice. As usuall, I am shocked with the numbers. Maybe 50 players. With Science Hill approaching 2000 students I just don't understand it. I really hope I am wrong though. I just don't see the athletes on this team.

Not sure of what's going on at The Hill, I know there are some replacements to be found for key positions loss to graduation. I know there are talented and hungry players that are on the team. At best there will be no drop off from last year on the offense side of the ball and better game management that cost two games last year (Sevier County and Knox Bearden). At worst they will need half the season to find an QB and go to receiver which may cost them the Sevier County game and an non-confrence game. I really think this team should be going into the D_B game with trying to secure an home game the first round of the playoffs. I know nothing about any pressure being put on the coaches but with an new AD at the school, I'm sure that there is an emphasis to go a couple of rounds into the playoffs. This just my opnion and if you want an detailed analysis..get at me because I would love to hear more opnions on the program and it's direction. :D

P.S.- Am I'm the only person his head about the fact that Science Hill will not be participating in an scrimmage before the season starts?

Edited by topvol98

Science Hill goes to Greenville this Thursday at 5:30 for a scrimmage.

I am also hearing the defense will be extremely tough! If the Hill can move the ball they will win ballgames.

Oh and by the way, there is between 65 and 70 kids out this season :D

Edited by PowrPlus

i really want to get a chance to watch them...this season might be the best since '03, then again the 03 team was well let's say "pretty good" i think they'll give DB the best run this year since the "first half" of the 04 game :thumb:

who's goin to the scrimmage/sullivan cent. game?