WestGreene...Any good players? What are your opinions on the team

WGplayer21

Just thank God that you still get to play football and have fun win or lose! West Greene is going to have to take it up a notch and work hard in the off season. Every team has talent it just takes the right person to bring it out. So how about a new young coach and some deication from the parents and the Greene county. Good luck and play as hard as you can and have fun.

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just thank God that you still get to play football and have fun win or lose! West Greene is going to have to take it up a notch and work hard in the off season. Every team has talent it just takes the right person to bring it out. So how about a new young coach and some deication from the parents and the Greene county. Good luck and play as hard as you can and have fun.

No truer words have been spoken, B-yard!! I remember 20+ years ago complaining about two a days and the heat,etc. But what I wouldn't give to have those days back! Yes, looking back it was all fun- wins and losses! I wish West Greene the best. You are right on when you say the right person would do the trick-sometimes that's all it takes. It's so easy to be a fair weather fan- I've seen it so many times;but ultimately the lessons these kids can take with them into life will be most important. That's when life gets complicated, with or without two a days.

I believe we can win a few this year if we all stay healthy and work hard like we have been.... It will take heart and strenghth and i know we arent the biggest team but bigger isnt always better.. I have faith in the buffs!! Work hard and keep it up boys you will be all right.

I wonder why West Greene's football program is traditionally bad? I went to college with a guy 17-18 years ago who played at W.G. He said the teams he played on were horrible. Does the program ever make any progress? I know that North Green is never very good either, having played against them years ago. I just wonder if all the talent goes to Greenville High? As a dedicated fan of the sport, I think it would be cool to see a team like West Greene make the playoffs and do well. It can happen. Remember Campbell County a few years ago?

Back in the late 70's early 80's West Greene had some pretty good football teams. The 1981 season they went 9-2 and only one team in the conference went to the playoffs. Johnson County went to the playoffs and West Greene went on to defeat Knox Catholic 22-7 in the Highlander Bragging Bowl in Gatlinburg. So don't tell me that West Greene's football program is traditionally bad. Hang in there #21 things will get better.

Edited by coach rock

Back in the late 70's early 80's West Greene had some pretty good football teams. The 1981 season they went 9-2 and only one team in the conference went to the playoffs. Johnson County went to the playoffs and West Greene went on to defeat Knox Catholic 22-7 in the Highlander Bragging Bowl in Gatlinburg. So don't tell me that West Greene's football program is traditionally bad. Hang in there #21 things will get better.

I wasn't "telling" you anything. I was simply recounting what someone told me long ago. But from what I understand, West Greene's football program has endured hard times for a while now. That certainly doesn't mean that they can't get better and, even though I have no connections whatsoever to that area and haven't been there in years, I hope things turn around for them. I've always been one to root for the underdog anyway. By the way, thanks for the history lesson.

Don't lie to yourself man. They have always been bad. If your best season is a year when you go 9-2 and don't even make the playoffs, then you know your school has had it rough.