WestGreene...Any good players? What are your opinions on the team

WGplayer21

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wonder why West Greene's football program is traditionally bad? I went to college with a guy 17-18 years ago who played at W.G. He said the teams he played on were horrible. Does the program ever make any progress? I know that North Green is never very good either, having played against them years ago. I just wonder if all the talent goes to Greenville High? As a dedicated fan of the sport, I think it would be cool to see a team like West Greene make the playoffs and do well. It can happen. Remember Campbell County a few years ago?

I wonder why West Greene's football program is traditionally bad? I went to college with a guy 17-18 years ago who played at W.G. He said the teams he played on were horrible. Does the program ever make any progress? I know that North Green is never very good either, having played against them years ago. I just wonder if all the talent goes to Greenville High? As a dedicated fan of the sport, I think it would be cool to see a team like West Greene make the playoffs and do well. It can happen. Remember Campbell County a few years ago?

Its good to know someone thinks the program can turn around....!!!

West greene could be alright if they did what every other team does... bust their butt in the weight room and condition. there are plenty of teams without talent that still win just by outworking the other teams. From what i could tell when our team played them (claiborne high) they were just weak and slow but lifting weights helps. I didn't get to play that game due to being suspended by the coach but i was there helping in the press box and they are just weak and slow...

West greene had a few talented freshman last year a running back in particular that could be good if they work hard in the off season. No one will ever be very good without the hard work on the field and dedication in the wieght room , but I did see some talent on their team if they can develop it.

North Greene has been fairly competitive for the past couple of years

West Greene will never get better without a coaching change. My husband asked him how the coming season was shaping up and he said "well the field looks goods"... real inspirational huh?

They had a big kid (Taylor - Know his dad rather well) that had talent a couple of years ago but knee injuries hapered him. The school is too close to Greeneville High School and if the parent want to pay they go there.

The kid is a freshman he isnt no bigger than any of the other guys on the team...He might be good for a freschman but it a change from middle school