Wartburg VS AE scrimmage

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know they've tried to get Coach Moore to come back to Wartburg, but they just can't compete salary wise with what he's making as an assistant over at Webb. So it looks like Coach Davis is going to continue to drag that team down. Seems like after '03, Davis stopped trying.

I'd have to agree totally. In my opinion, he IS dragging the program down these days. In '03 it seemed that all those all-star seniors ruled the roost. I watched them come off the field, sling their helmets, and yell back at the coaches. They were so full of themselves that it wasn't even funny. And to beat it all, the head coach stood for it. I think there was also some TERRIBLE COACHING on his part,as well. Well, I'm just blowing smoke and maybe preaching to the choir, but as an alumni and former Wartburg player, I think it's sad.

I'd have to agree totally. In my opinion, he IS dragging the program down these days. In '03 it seemed that all those all-star seniors ruled the roost. I watched them come off the field, sling their helmets, and yell back at the coaches. They were so full of themselves that it wasn't even funny. And to beat it all, the head coach stood for it. I think there was also some TERRIBLE COACHING on his part,as well. Well, I'm just blowing smoke and maybe preaching to the choir, but as an alumni and former Wartburg player, I think it's sad.

Yeah, I went to Wartburg for many years in elementary school and went to the high school for a very short while and I think it's sad that Wartburg's gone so far downhill since '03. I'd like to see Wartburg be competitive again like they were my junior and senior years. Hard to believe 4 years ago, they had one of the better teams in the region. But unless by some miracle, Wartburg manages to somehow pry Moore away from Webb (which probably ain't gonna happen) then Wartburg's football program is going to continue to suffer. There IS some talent there but talent doesn't amount to much when the coaching staff has no clue how to use it.

I heard that 1 AST.football Coach has left Wartburg and went to Harriman is this true?

From what I understand, Rory Foster left and went to Harriman Middle School to teach and coach. He had been at Wartburg for a long time. He was an assistant coach back when I played. He's a good guy and I always liked him-I wish him the best.

• 2 months later...

AE was getting beat by about 5 with maybe a minute left and just left. AE's coach called a timeout and didn't have anymore and there was a technical. The coach argued that he did have a time out, and then they left with about a minute left. And as for the football program, it's really really sad. I support all these guys, and they play with some heart, for the most part, but they've been put in a region that's argueably, the toughest in the state.

Edited by harvo20