Coffee County AT Brentwood WEEK ZERO

14-7 Brentwood @ halftime

24-21 CC Final

The Raiders' last minute field goal breaks the tie after a comeback drive in the 4th quarter mainly due to QB scrambles and long gains by LeHawkins. The failure of most losing teams is that they under-estimate the opponent's defense. wink.gif

Well, I was off by a Bruin TD at the halftime prediction and the wrong team kicked the last minute field goal. :thumb: This was a great game once everyone started making plays. The first quarter was a little dissappointing, but it was the first game. CC made up for their turnovers in the second half and only allowed a field goal. The Bruins had a good QB & RB... If the Raider defense could have stopped the run a little more, they could have won this one. If they would have played the whole game like they did in the second half, they would have won also. I am content with a 3 point victory by Brentwood. It just goes to show how much improved the team is over last year. Special teams scare me a bit, but you can't win 'em all.

Edited by Sukrillux

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, I was off by a Bruin TD at the halftime prediction and the wrong team kicked the last minute field goal. :rolleyes: This was a great game once everyone started making plays. The first quarter was a little dissappointing, but it was the first game. CC made up for their turnovers in the second half and only allowed a field goal. The Bruins had a good QB & RB... If the Raider defense could have stopped the run a little more, they could have won this one. If they would have played the whole game like they did in the second half, they would have won also. I am content with a 3 point victory by Brentwood. It just goes to show how much improved the team is over last year. Special teams scare me a bit, but you can't win 'em all.

Did you see any Raider that has greatly improved over last year and did anyone catch you off guard and surprise you? Also, will you educate me in the ways of CoachT. and explain this photo that adjoins your name, that too which I am unfamilar with?

Hope the Raiders can get their special teams up to speed. It cost them the game last night. Their offense and defense outplayed Brentwood. Look at the stats.

The kickoff team let Brentwood return the opening kick for a touchdown (untouched). Another one was returned to the 15 yard line but a penalty saved the Raiders.

The kickoff return team fumbled the first kickoff after Brentwood scored. It backed the Raiders up and they fumbled 3 plays later (questionable call by the offical) and Brentwood recovered and scored.

That's 14 points right there.

Later the Brentwood punter had the snap fly over his head-never laid a hand on it-and Coffee Co. had no one rushing. He ran back to his own 20 to pick up the ball and got off a good kick. That big mistake didn't hurt Brentwood a bit.

Poor special teams cost Coffee Co. several games last year.

Poor special teams cost Coffee Co. several games last year.

Or lack there of... I don't understand this Price attitude that "if no one can return a punt, we won't even put anyone back there." At least Harris started fielding the punts in the 2nd half. It's better than letting it roll to a stop on the 10 yard line. The Raiders played a great comeback game the other night. I am hoping that Justin Owens is okay after being taken away in the ambulance. I haven't heard anything more about that. Good game, Raiders! Play that way all season and you guys could make the playoffs.

Or lack there of... I don't understand this Price attitude that "if no one can return a punt, we won't even put anyone back there." At least Harris started fielding the punts in the 2nd half. It's better than letting it roll to a stop on the 10 yard line. The Raiders played a great comeback game the other night. I am hoping that Justin Owens is okay after being taken away in the ambulance. I haven't heard anything more about that. Good game, Raiders! Play that way all season and you guys could make the playoffs.

It seems to me that until the unfortnate injury and Owen having to be taken off in an ambulance, that Brentwood was running out of steam. The Raiders seemed to be in better condition to handle the heat and with the break in the game, Brentwood got a chance to catch their breath and regroup. I understand that that is all part of the game, but I have to wonder what if there had not been the long time out?

Game stats: Brentwood 24, Coffee Co. 21

Friday, August 18, 2006

Q1 Q2 Q3 Q4 OT Total

Coffee Co. 0 14 0 7 0 21

Brentwood 14 7 0 3 0 24

Scoring summary

B-Alex Holling 90 kick reutrn (kevin Loudermilk kick). B- Holling 1 run (Loudermilk kick). B- Bobby Jewell 41 pass from Matt Hayes (Loudermilk kick). C- Josh Graham 2 run (Kevin Brown kick). C- William LeHawkins 1 run (Brown kick). C- Graham 3 run (Brown kick). B- Loudermilk 25 FG.

Game statistics

First downs Rushes Passing Pass yards Fumbles Punts Penalties

Coffee Co. 15 42-190 15-21-0 195 3-2 4-28.5 7-50

Brentwood 10 27-154 9-14-1 115 4-1 2-36.0 5-35

Individual statistics

Brentwood

Rushing

Justin Boggs 1--3

Matt Hayes 2--4

Alex Holling 17-126

Tyler Mustin 7-35

Passing (CMP-ATT-INT-YDS)