Franklin County/Smith County Scrimmage

SCHS FAN

QB was very happy with the results, so I assume that Smith Co did well. Hopefully, QB or someone from Smith Co will post some of the highlights.

From what I heard...the rain was a factor to both teams. I think both offenses had some big plays...and there were some turnovers.

No score was kept, and I left when the 2nd and 3rd strings where put in. Both sides scored on big plays a few times each. I was impressed with the Defense of SC myself. The LB stepped up and did well. Offensively we did ok from my perspective. It was raining and the Qb's balls flutted on both sides. There where some good hits on both sides also. Franklin Co. had some athletes that looked pretty good. They may be an up and coming team somewhere down the line. Tez showed some speed on both sides of the ball. The Owls still have alittle work to do before Knox Catholic comes rolling in. I'm looking forward to seeing the Owl LB's stuff Harrison Smith!!! LOL Good Luck Owls I wish you the best!!!

Smith Co won 29-21. They missed a FG, extra pt and had one blocked. The defense hits hard but doesn't tackle too well. 2 Franklin Co touchdowns started up the middle but were stop cold until the running back bounced outside and was gone. I think about 45 or 50 yards on each run. The other touchdown was on a fumble return for about 70 yards. I thought Harville looked good at QB. Sanders was shaky (3 fumbles and a pick, could have been 3 had the ball not been wet.) SC's LB's looked good, especially #42. Defensive ends were on some other planet. Don't think they made a single tackle and never contained. Still 2 weeks to work out the bugs. The offense should be o.k. 2 good QB's and plenty of receivers. Running game won't be much of a factor if they keep running to the sidline instead of the endzone. Well thats they way I say it. But they have a great head coach and he wil take them deep into the playoffs and another region championship. :thumb:

Smith Co won 29-21. They missed a FG, extra pt and had one blocked. The defense hits hard but doesn't tackle too well. 2 Franklin Co touchdowns started up the middle but were stop cold until the running back bounced outside and was gone. I think about 45 or 50 yards on each run. The other touchdown was on a fumble return for about 70 yards. I thought Harville looked good at QB. Sanders was shaky (3 fumbles and a pick, could have been 3 had the ball not been wet.) SC's LB's looked good, especially #42. Defensive ends were on some other planet. Don't think they made a single tackle and never contained. Still 2 weeks to work out the bugs. The offense should be o.k. 2 good QB's and plenty of receivers. Running game won't be much of a factor if they keep running to the sidline instead of the endzone. Well thats they way I say it. But they have a great head coach and he wil take them deep into the playoffs and another region championship. :thumb:

Very common to have a lot of fumbles and problems with the exchange in the 1st scrimmage.

The TDs on the bounced plays were against third and fourth string players. FC beat us 2-0 with those guys. :lol:

Smith Co won 29-21. They missed a FG, extra pt and had one blocked. The defense hits hard but doesn't tackle too well. 2 Franklin Co touchdowns started up the middle but were stop cold until the running back bounced outside and was gone. I think about 45 or 50 yards on each run. The other touchdown was on a fumble return for about 70 yards. I thought Harville looked good at QB. Sanders was shaky (3 fumbles and a pick, could have been 3 had the ball not been wet.) SC's LB's looked good, especially #42. Defensive ends were on some other planet. Don't think they made a single tackle and never contained. Still 2 weeks to work out the bugs. The offense should be o.k. 2 good QB's and plenty of receivers. Running game won't be much of a factor if they keep running to the sidline instead of the endzone. Well thats they way I say it. But they have a great head coach and he wil take them deep into the playoffs and another region championship. ;)

I think in Sanders defense, you have to look at the weather, yea, he didn't play great. I asked a coach what he thought about the passing game afterwards, and he said, "Not good, but it was about like throwing a wet watermelon." I don't believe he had three fumbles, tho, I didnt think the team had more than 2 fumbles. Harville did play good, one completion. As far as the run game goes, why would we go down the middle when Tez can run around the outside for 70 yards? Like you said though, not to worry, Maynord and the other coaches will get them straightened out.

Edited by Z King of D Swing

Both teams got some good work in some bad weather. A bit sloppy at times due to the weather. But it might rain every Friday Night this fall. Who knows? FC's 1's made two first downs on one drive against SC's 1's. Personally, I think #12 responded well to a little adversity. We didn't start off very well in the down pour. #3 came in and connected on two good passes on a scoring drive. Then when they worked on the two minute Offense at the end, #12 was on point. May be wrong but I think SC scored in 3 plays. Big hits and big plays. Tezmania streaked down our sideline and skied for a pick on the last play of the scrimmage. All is well in OWL town!!! I'll take some kind words from oldsc7 (only because he doesn't say kind things much), Have a Nice Day!!! ;)

Edited by bigreid