coffee county / wilson central scrimmage

Thanks to WC for hosting the scrimmage. We've had a good series with them in scrimmages and games in 03 & 04. It was 5-3 Cc when i had to leave early for work.Looked like Cc started a little slow but really came on after the interception.

Thought Ccs DBs looked much better.Good luck to both teams during the season.

GO RAIDERS

it just seemed that coffee county came in wanting it more. however, the goal of a scrimmage is not wins and losses, but to find out who is going to play for you in the fall. cc showed up and looked like a tough football team. it also seemed as if WC got away from their bread and butter just a little bit, and that is where their mistakes came from. it looked like they were trying some new things. it should definitely serve as a wake-up call.

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am afraid I was wrong about our new head coach! I just do not like what I saw yesterday. Coffee County did a good job, BUT they are simply not a top notch program.

I know scrimmages are not real games, but at times we had some weak looking stuff out there. I am very worried. I hope I am wrong.

Let's regroup and beat Hendersonville.

GO WILDCATS

I definitely am not with you on the coaching thing. It didn't look like WC was out-coached. and I think you are wrong for sure.

I watched the scrimmage between Cc/Wc and was impressed with both squads. Both teams had their moments; up's and down's, but I feel both will make the playoffs. Coach Price is as hard as they come. With an offensive-line like Coffee's, anyone would have trouble stopping them. Coach Aric also has a talented group of young men. I know they had some long runs, but they were also stuffed. Scrimmages are not always about win/lose, but about finding the right ingredients to make your team go in the fall (and playoffs).

1 Cookeville 1 Riverdale

2 Lincolon Co 2 Symrna

3 Coffee Co 3 LaVergne

4 Franklin Co 4 Wilson Central

;)

Coffee is in a "slim" league; they should be in the playoffs. The Wildcats may have a slightly tougher road to travel. For either one of these 2 teams to be a team to be reckoned with, then one of them should have spanked the other team.

Both teams will be ordinary.

Is Coffee Co. still in the wing offense?

What are the Wildcats doing on offense; in the spring they went to a pass offense didn't they? How is that looking?

Wilson has a tough schedule if it is the same as last year!

From what I gather, Coffee is still in the Wing T...dunno about Wilson Central. Question though Otter, can you define what you mean by slim? I'm not sure I totally grasp what you mean by slim league...I see some quality teams that can be trouble for Coffee County as well as other schools in 5A...in my opinion that is.