Guest dare_2_dream

Guest dare_2_dream

1) It was .11 when he was booked in jail...which means it was probably a bit higher than that when he was actually pulled over. They didn't just randomly come to .08 as the legal limit, either. At .08, you are not legally sober enough to drive. He was probably around 50% past that when he was pulled over -- actually, when he did a U-turn to try to get away from the police checkpoint. That's hammered enough.

2) The cops were running a DUI checkpoint in a metro area of about a million people. Yeah, they were just looking for Redick.

.. So pulling a U-turn to avoid a police roadblock qualifies someone as hammered? You dont know if the JJ was drunk or just had a buzz, no one knows what he was feeling but himself.

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

1) It was .11 when he was booked in jail...which means it was probably a bit higher than that when he was actually pulled over. They didn't just randomly come to .08 as the legal limit, either. At .08, you are not legally sober enough to drive. He was probably around 50% past that when he was pulled over -- actually, when he did a U-turn to try to get away from the police checkpoint. That's hammered enough.

2) The cops were running a DUI checkpoint in a metro area of about a million people. Yeah, they were just looking for Redick.

yeah, i was too lazy/tired to read the story ..

.. So pulling a U-turn to avoid a police roadblock qualifies someone as hammered? You dont know if the JJ was drunk or just had a buzz, no one knows what he was feeling but himself.

If he wasn't drunk, how did he blow a .11 on the breathalyzer after the whole arrest process was done?

No, a U-turn doesn't make him hammered. But a U-turn to avoid a police checkpoint WILL get you pulled over.

Guest dare_2_dream

If he wasn't drunk, how did he blow a .11 on the breathalyzer after the whole arrest process was done?

No, a U-turn doesn't make him hammered. But a U-turn to avoid a police checkpoint WILL get you pulled over.

.. So .11 qualifies everyone as hammered, no matter what?

yeah, i was too lazy/tired to read the story ..

There's a shocker.

Because simply reading the headline and one paragraph makes you an expert on what's going on.

Typical sign of the way this country is headed. Your opinion will matter a lot more if you make it apparent that you have a freaking clue what you're opining about.

I've done a U-turn at a checkpoint, but only because I forgot my billfold at the house and didn't have my license....

Guest dare_2_dream

There's a shocker.

Because simply reading the headline and one paragraph makes you an expert on what's going on.

Typical sign of the way this country is headed. Your opinion will matter a lot more if you make it apparent that you have a freaking clue what you're opining about.

Why should we waste our time and read it when your going to fill us all in on it and tell us that we were wrong, since you were there and everything.

.. So .11 qualifies everyone as hammered, no matter what?

Simple question here. If your BAC is .11, are you legally sober enough to operate a motor vehicle?

Hammered, drunk, wasted, smashed, whatever you want to call it, I don't care. He was not within the legal limit, and he was not CLOSE to the legal limit.

Announcements