Science Hill vs Greenville Scrimmage

PowrPlus

Well...I don't know if Science Hill is looking really good or Greenville is good, but not the caliber of SHHS. Of course scrimmages are a poor measuring stick for measuring a football team. SHHS whipped GHS 3 touchdowns to 0. With of course all 1st, 2nd and 3rd strings playing on both sides. But, when the 1st team played on both sides, SHHS controlled the game. But, I will say #88 for Greenville is a top-notch football player. He is big and fast middle linebacker!

Lookout Dobyns-Bennett, I believe Science Hill is going to challenge you for the title this year! Good luck and injury free to all!

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well...I don't know if Science Hill is looking really good or Greenville is good, but not the caliber of SHHS. Of course scrimmages are a poor measuring stick for measuring a football team. SHHS whipped GHS 3 touchdowns to 0. With of course all 1st, 2nd and 3rd strings playing on both sides. But, when the 1st team played on both sides, SHHS controlled the game. But, I will say #88 for Greenville is a top-notch football player. He is big and fast middle linebacker!

Lookout Dobyns-Bennett, I believe Science Hill is going to challenge you for the title this year! Good luck and injury free to all!

First off it was 2 touchdowns, one of which was defensive against our 2nd team, the other off of one big play on the first series of the scrimmage. Greeneville was not whipped at all, in fact we moved the ball quite well against you guys, we just missed our shots at the endzone and our defense stood strong most of the scrimmage only giving up a couple big plays. Science Hill is a pretty good team and I wish you guys the best of luck this season

Edited by DevilDL77

"But, I will say #88 for Greenville is a top-notch football player. He is big and fast middle linebacker!"

Yes, #88 is Danny Bannach who's been getting a ton of looks from D1 schools including Vandy, Tennessee, Auburn, Kentucky, Louisville, Miss. State, and MTSU.

He's likely to start picking up some offers soon as either a LB or H-Back TE.

First off it was 2 touchdowns, one of which was defensive against our 2nd team, the other off of one big play on the first series of the scrimmage. Greeneville was not whipped at all, in fact we moved the ball quite well against you guys, we just missed our shots at the endzone and our defense stood strong most of the scrimmage only giving up a couple big plays. Science Hill is a pretty good team and I wish you guys the best of luck this season

It was 3 scores to zero. Science Hill scored with a long pass play, a long run and an length of the field interception return which may have been with the twos on the field. Science Hill was playing without two starters on the line and one who goes both ways.

Science Hill defense looked really good at times but showed some of the same deficiencies of last year, vulnerable against the run up the middle. Most of Greeneville's success was there and when the qb scrambled into the crowd behind the offense to escape the rush. I was surprised two see the two kids who were at corner but they held their own despite their inexperince. The defense of line were gettig their hands up at the line of scrimmage and knocking down some passes. Linebackers were getting hits on runners but unfortunatelynot wrapping up and bringing them down the first hit. The dl was getting penetration at will which led to some gains on screen passes but the lineman were doing a good job of turning and chasing down the ball carriers.

Science Hill offense has an world of potential. Hard to get an gauge with the running game with the two starters not participating but #40 looks to primed to jump on the scene. They have size and speed (for this area) at the receiver position. I kind of got the sense that the coaches have decided on their qb but I believe there is no real seperation between the two. Neither are Shoun but don't have to be as long as ball security is their top priority. I believe that the line will be much better next Friday night and I'm looking for almost 300 yards of rushing against Sullivan Central.

My first prediction and this is without seeing SC this year is SHHS 42 SCHS 0.

ps- The comment about the middle being vulnerable against the run is not an crack on any player it just seems that the spreads are really wide on the tackles where the center is free to go after the middle linebacker. Seems that the linebackers are no where to be found if the back can get to the second level.

Edited by topvol98

Who were the two linemen out? and what QB showed up better, Tomas or AJ (i think that's who it's going to be this year) ...yes and without seeing them both recently neither of them are a Shoun... and did they run a lot out of that spread shotgun?

I only know of big Ben Murray that was out. I don’t know who the other guy was. Ben received a concussion last week and he probably could have played, but they wanted to hold him out just to be on the safe side. Ben will be ready to go against Central next Friday.

The quarterback situation between A.J. Tucker and Tomas Hill is in my opinion very close. I think Tucker will get the nod as the starter. In my opinion Tucker, is a more accurate passer. Tomas, is in my opinion, quicker on his feet.

As the scrimmage wore on, Tucker seemed more accurate. Many of his passes were in the receiver’s hands, but were dropped.

Yes, the offense operated from a shotgun spread the whole game.

I only know of big Ben Murray that was out. I don’t know who the other guy was. Ben received a concussion last week and he probably could have played, but they wanted to hold him out just to be on the safe side. Ben will be ready to go against Central next Friday.

The quarterback situation between A.J. Tucker and Tomas Hill is in my opinion very close. I think Tucker will get the nod as the starter. In my opinion Tucker, is a more accurate passer. Tomas, is in my opinion, quicker on his feet.

As the scrimmage wore on, Tucker seemed more accurate. Many of his passes were in the receiver’s hands, but were dropped.

Yes, the offense operated from a shotgun spread the whole game.

Jeff Fields was the other starter. I think they will go with Tucker also but I thought the play calling was different for each of them. I think both will need to play because of their size. I think one has more potential than the other but that's just because they are so close in ability and one has another year to get better than now.

I think they will go with Tucker also but I thought the play calling was different for each of them. I think both will need to play because of their size. I think one has more potential than the other but that's just because they are so close in ability and one has another year to get better than now.

So true...I agree totally

I am new to the Big East Conference. In your opinion, do you think SHHS will give Kpt D-B a run?

Everyone seems to think D-B is untouchable for any area team in upper East Tennessee. When I played in the early eighties, we (Boone) put a whippen on D-B.

well us Toppers would like to think so, even when I played I was so optimistic we would give them a run even with the best year ('03) in recent memory and we got stomped. but i do think each year the chance gets better.

the O-Line for the Hill should be huge this year I'd assume... if I can remember who's left... Tomas was pretty quick when I last saw him play then again it was like when he was a Freshman and AJ just seemed too under sized to be a pocket passer. This could be a situation much like the Florida Gators will have this year...it's whoever can run the offense better.

I'll be at the Central game next week, hopefully it's a better pounding than last year :thumb:

I am new to the Big East Conference. In your opinion, do you think SHHS will give Kpt D-B a run?

Everyone seems to think D-B is untouchable for any area team in upper East Tennessee. When I played in the early eighties, we (Boone) put a whippen on D-B.

I'm not sure about giving D-B a run or not. I think Science Hill people get all caught up on the Indians and don't look at the team getting better. The difference in the two schools is that Kingsport has an program and gets support from the whole community where as most people at Science Hill's games are there for the band or to socialize. I believe that if the this team can get better each week (coaching included) that the final game of the season could be to determine the conference championship. I know that people think that Sevier County is the only challenger that DB has but Science Hill was out coached in that game last year especially right before half time when they failed to get points when inside the red zone when time expired and they were due to get the ball back to start the 3rd quarter. Brain cramps also caused the Bearden game, it seems that origionality is sometime lacking in the play calling when it counts. Playing at the worst field in east tennessee better known as Sevier County will be an plus to Science Hill's speed. Getting DB at home is always an plus. The four road games to start the season will hopefully galvanize the team for the confrence schedule. I think this team has the potential to be confrence champions and if that's giving DB a run, then I believe they can.

Edited by topvol98

Kingsport is 32-1 (Region Record) since the 2001 Season.. 15 wins in a row. Undefeated in the Region in 2001,'02,04,05... 1 loss to Knox Karns on the road in 2003 (upset heard around the state). It has been a number of years since a team in Northeast TN has beaten the Indians. Sullivan South is the team that plays DB the toughest, of local teams.

Edited by ArtVandalay