Predictions

stealthccrunner3200

elizabethton did lose 5 of their top 7, with some tough people to replace.

they look good so far. very consistent, with probably a minute, maybe a minute 20 separating their top 5. i agree that they are laying low, but don't count them out.

we just got back from melton hill park today. dang, that's a tough course.

clabo finished first in 17:27, with the next guy about 25 seconds back(don't hold me to that spread, i was already looking/screaming for our next guy). most of the top ten finishers were a/aa.

looking forward to the volunteer classic on the 30th. anyone going?

i think elizabethton is venturing out for that one.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nope. Not many at all.

Of the top 6 teams last year...

Franklin Road Academy - lost many seniors... but should always be considered a threat

Elizabethton - haven't heard much from this team at all - lost lots of seniors as well

Knoxville Catholic - same story. I heard something like 5 or 6 of 7

Page - keeps Jonathan Madden... but loose just about everyone else

David Lipscomb - this team didn't loose anything. and it shows. clear favourite.

Chattanooga Christian - looses 6 of 7. will have to fight to even make the state meet.

Edited by Coniglio

the lack of standout teams in a/aa is taking me by surprise. DL is the only a/aa team to receive votes in coaches poll. it seems that almost every a/aa team has a few good individuals, but no one can round out that top 5.

if you look at the times, there aren't any a/aa teams with more than one elite performance. compare that with last year when you had teams like coniglio mentioned with 4 or 5 guys with elite times.

it will be interesting to see it play out in the regional and state meets.

maybe this week will be a turning point since there are some pretty big meets.

we're running the vol classic...can't wait for the clabo and sonnenfeldt battle.

i know this is a little biased, but it seems as though david clabo is the man to beat in a/aa.

he ran a 16:22 at cherokee blvd today. although cherokee is a fast course, i don't think anyone else is even close to what he is doing.

oak ridge is THE team to beat in aaa. other than clabo, it seemed like the 10 were all oak ridge runners. mad props to coach etheridge.

Yeah. I hope he doesn't run away with it. I'd perfer to be there with him challenging him for it.

The guy that beat me got out in the lead early so I followed hoping not to loose contact. After about 1200 meters in I was always no further back than 8 seconds and I pushed it to about 4 or 3 seconds after the Mile 2 mark but lost it again until I finally finished 6 back.

Ever had a feeling where your arms go numb? lol I so had that one today. Great race. I need more finishing work. I reached for a 400 meter to go surge and nothing was there. Then I reached for a 160 meter kick and still nothing was there at all.

Edited by Coniglio

Yeah. I hope he doesn't run away with it. I'd perfer to be there with him challenging him for it.

The guy that beat me got out in the lead early so I followed hoping not to loose contact. After about 1200 meters in I was always no further back than 8 seconds and I pushed it to about 4 or 3 seconds after the Mile 2 mark but lost it again until I finally finished 6 back.

Ever had a feeling where your arms go numb? lol I so had that one today. Great race. I need more finishing work. I reached for a 400 meter to go surge and nothing was there. Then I reached for a 160 meter kick and still nothing was there at all.

Sometimes that happens. At least you have 3-4 weeks to fix it. Happy running!

i know this is a little biased, but it seems as though david clabo is the man to beat in a/aa.

he ran a 16:22 at cherokee blvd today. although cherokee is a fast course, i don't think anyone else is even close to what he is doing.

oak ridge is THE team to beat in aaa. other than clabo, it seemed like the 10 were all oak ridge runners. mad props to coach etheridge.

I'll take mad props when I can get them!

Clabo was really tough and ran a super-intelligent race, letting first Chris and then Maclean do the work, then moving in that last mile when it was time to go. I don't know of another A-AA runner in the state of his caliber.