Ridgeway at Henry County

oooooooo

Germantown, like HC, is not loaded with great athletes. Ridgeway and JCM both have a tremendous amount of talented athletes and lots of speed. The chances of JCM matching up with Ridgeway on talent and speed is more likely than HC.

What about the flip side? Why do you think we would be more likely to beat Germantown than JCM will?

Edited by realredpride

• Replies 305
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Germantown, like HC, is not loaded with great athletes. Ridgeway and JCM both have a tremendous amount of talented athletes and lots of speed. The chances of JCM matching up with Ridgeway on talent and speed is more likely than HC.

It is hard for me to follow this line of thinking Yanker. Take a look at the last two years in the state finals. Melrose was a team that was more than loaded with talent and speed. Maryville had talent and speed too, but not to the level of Melrose. Yet Maryville beat them both times. Even more soundly the second time around. In my opinion, Maryville was the far more disciplined team with far superior coaching therefore giving them the wins.

HC, Ridgeway, and G'town all have good discipline and coaching. Ridgeway has this along with speed and great atheletes. I believe this year HC has a great combination of all. JCM on the other hand is always loaded with talent and speed, no doubt. But they are very often undisciplined, and coaching is not to the level it should be. So your thinking that JCM would match up better against a team with more raw talent, you only have to look back to the game against Melrose where JCM got beat in an out of hand fashion at the Rock.

To what injuries do you refer? When I think of injuries my mind races back to the HC "stars" watching JCM win the region. Were they season ending injuries? I just happen to think that the typical JCM player is raised to be tougher than anyone else in the region and they handle pain better than most. Some injuries are disabling and do not allow the player to continue. No excuses here "Oh Anti-Prophetic One"...Don't need any. Why does the YANKER need an excuse for a victory over HC on Friday the 13th?

Do not count your chickens "Oh Red Patriot Underdoggy".

The Jackson Sun ran an article suggesting that the injuries to JCM led to the blast off that Melrose had against JCM at the pebble, i mean the rock

"Athletes" struggling to find their identity? One would think that pure athleticism would carry them to victory.

Does anyone know how many returning starters Ridgeway has? I know their running back is returning. What about quarterback, OL and DL? I know we will have our hands full, but Patriot Stadium will be full. Faithful fans will demand a loud crowd!!!! The 12th man may make the difference.

You are correct my "Repeating Wonder", they have no offensive identity but a bunch of talented athletes. They depended on Borner in recent years and now must adjust to life without him. It will be difficult but the great defense will take some pressure off. Do you recall that the Ravens won the Super Bowl a few years ago with a great linebacker leading the defense, a real good defense, and an offense with no real identity? Keep that in mind "OH Confused Patriotic One". The YANKER has spoken!!!!!

What about the flip side? Why do you think we would be more likely to beat Germantown than JCM will?

Both Germantown and HC have MANY more coaches than JCM is allowed. Therefore, early in the season HC will be much more prepared to beat Germantown than JCM will be.

It is hard for me to follow this line of thinking Yanker. Take a look at the last two years in the state finals. Melrose was a team that was more than loaded with talent and speed. Maryville had talent and speed too, but not to the level of Melrose. Yet Maryville beat them both times. Even more soundly the second time around. In my opinion, Maryville was the far more disciplined team with far superior coaching therefore giving them the wins.

HC, Ridgeway, and G'town all have good discipline and coaching. Ridgeway has this along with speed and great atheletes. I believe this year HC has a great combination of all. JCM on the other hand is always loaded with talent and speed, no doubt. But they are very often undisciplined, and coaching is not to the level it should be. So your thinking that JCM would match up better against a team with more raw talent, you only have to look back to the game against Melrose where JCM got beat in an out of hand fashion at the Rock.

This has nothing to do with Maryville and Melrose my young friend. And do not feel badly about your inability to follow the great YANKER'S line of thinking...No one can. That's why I am the YANKER!!!!! HC may have good speed for HC but that speed does not come close to the speed at Ridgeway or JCM. Speed kills my young Cephus...and HC has little chance against either.

The Jackson Sun ran an article suggesting that the injuries to JCM led to the blast off that Melrose had against JCM at the pebble, i mean the rock

The Jackson Sun probably knows as much football as your paper knows. Did you see the injuries to which you refer...I witnessed the HC players watch the game when things got tough. In the future my advice to you would be don't get your information from any newspaper...go to the game. Your eyes will not lie...mine didn't. The eyes of the YANKER have spoken!!!!!

HC 27 Ridgeway 24 now that puts us at 1-0, oh I am sorry, i have ruined the outcome for all who have not seen it as I have. For a moment, I thought that the game had already been played, Yanker let me know if you want to know how bad the cougars will go down by at the hands of the Patriots.

I see a lot of what happend against Melrose happening this year, there seems to be some quit in those cougars. I have seen teams that quit in their final game one season come back the next season riding that downward spin. Teams going out with postitive momentum often come out strong the next season, with the opposite happen this season at JCM.

Yanker, I appreciate your loyalty to your program, and all fans should be loyal to their program, but he coming weeks will test your loyalty, you may begin to feel like my redheaded step child

HC 27 Ridgeway 24 now that puts us at 1-0, oh I am sorry, i have ruined the outcome for all who have not seen it as I have. For a moment, I thought that the game had already been played, Yanker let me know if you want to know how bad the cougars will go down by at the hands of the Patriots.

I see a lot of what happend against Melrose happening this year, there seems to be some quit in those cougars. I have seen teams that quit in their final game one season come back the next season riding that downward spin. Teams going out with postitive momentum often come out strong the next season, with the opposite happen this season at JCM.

Yanker, I appreciate your loyalty to your program, and all fans should be loyal to their program, but he coming weeks will test your loyalty, you may begin to feel like my redheaded step child

Thanks prophet for getting back to the topic. Know one answered my previous questions. How many returning starters from last year does Ridgeway have? OL, DL ,quarterback? I believe the 12th man in the stands will make the final difference in this game. Any Ridgeway fans out there? GO BIG RED!!!!!

This has nothing to do with Maryville and Melrose my young friend. And do not feel badly about your inability to follow the great YANKER'S line of thinking...No one can. That's why I am the YANKER!!!!! HC may have good speed for HC but that speed does not come close to the speed at Ridgeway or JCM. Speed kills my young Cephus...and HC has little chance against either.

My goodness! It is finally apparent that Yanker Doodle Dandy has no knowledge about football in this post! Speed does not kill or Borner would have kept JCM in the game against Melrose. Speed does not kill or Melrose would have beaten Maryville both times my young prognosticator!

And finally, speed is speed when it is measured by an accurate stopwatch. Henry County has plenty of speed this year. Not only that, it has speed in depth at least 3 deep in the backfield. Oh how mistaken you will be this year Yanker Doodle Dandy!

Well, I guess I do agree with one thing you posted - that nobody can follow your logic and thinking - because there is no logic to it!!! :justwrestle:

Edited by Drewcephus

Thanks prophet for getting back to the topic. Know one answered my previous questions. How many returning starters from last year does Ridgeway have? OL, DL ,quarterback? I believe the 12th man in the stands will make the final difference in this game. Any Ridgeway fans out there? GO BIG RED!!!!!

Don't know the exact numbers but Ridgeway brings back most of their starting offense. QB, Tailback, one huge lineman, several others. But the defense suffered from graduation. This is a good thing since our offense improved by leaps and bounds! And you are probably right, the 12th man will make a big difference in this game. Ridgeway will put some points on the board with the states highest rated running back in their backfield. But this year we have an answer to that!!! :justwrestle:

My goodness! It is finally apparent that Yanker Doodle Dandy has no knowledge about football in this post! Speed does not kill or Borner would have kept JCM in the game against Melrose. Speed does not kill or Melrose would have beaten Maryville both times my young prognosticator!

And finally, speed is speed when it is measured by an accurate stopwatch. Henry County has plenty of speed this year. Not only that, it has speed in depth at least 3 deep in the backfield. Oh how mistaken you will be this year Yanker Doodle Dandy!

Well, I guess I do agree with one thing you posted - that nobody can follow your logic and thinking - because there is no logic to it!!! :justwrestle:

Melrose had much more speed than JCM my unknowing friend. Maryville has Melrose's number, my friend, plus greater tradition than Melrose. Since you are a believer of logic...try this logic...Ridgeway beats HC again...they are bigger, stronger, faster, and a proven winner. Argue with that "logically" if you can. JCM beats HC again because they are bigger, stronger, faster, and a proven winner. Argue that "logically" if you can. You are correst...logic wins out...save yourself the trouble of trying to get around it. The YANKER speaks the truth...and you cannot handle it my weak friend!!!!