Ridgeway at Henry County

oooooooo

When was the last time you saw HC play? What do you think their strengths and weaknesses are? Are you going by what you hear or what you have seen? As for starting out with a win versus a loss, I believe we will win. If we slip up Friday and lose it will not affect our season because we have coaches who will prepare our boys mentally as well as physically for the next game. It is not a region game.

The YANKER saw them last year against JCM. The strengths I saw were defensive line alone. I know HC has some key players returning and should have a very good team. Weaknesses last year included limited athletic ability, limited pain threshold, and very little team speed. Please understand that I measure everything against JCM, and compared to JCM, this is what I think.

• Replies 305
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ridgeway has too many athletes for HC although I do hope HC wins and represents our region well. Germantown, if they are typical, will be better prepared and very sound at this point in the season than JCM. I predict we will both lose but I hope we both win. I think JCM would beat Ridgeway and HC would beat Germantown. I wish that was the match-up so we could both open with a win. JCM has a better chance to pull off the upset than HC. Ridgeway is the best team of the four. Is it not better to start the season with a win versus ANYBODY than to start with a likely loss against a great team.? Poor scheduling, I'm afraid, will dash some hopes for each team. I do know this however...JCM beats HC this year, last year, and every year.

Yanker Doodle Dandy at it again. I won't respond to the last part of your post, because this is a thread on HC vs. Ridgeway, and besides you know what will happen on the night of 13Oct06 when a quarter Blue Moon will set over Patriot Stadium!

I can't agree with you on the scheduling issue. I like having a great test right off the bat. Henry County is ready for the test and very well prepared. During the Jamboree, the Patriots executed their plays (both Defense and Offense) in a near flawless fashion. They were very sharp. I have never seen us off to a start like that. Every other Jamboree I have seen HC play in was a sloppy affair, win or lose. And I happen to know that we have all that we need to prepare for a great Ridgeway team, unlike last year. The men will be ready, and they will pass the test.

Go Big Red!!!

I did not say that JCM beat them last year. Read the post. They didn't even play us. JCM doesn't hit full stride until a few weeks into the season which is good for Germantown but bad for HC. No one rubs the YANKER'S nose into anything, "OH Ridiculous Anti-One" but I would love to sit down with you...you have a lot to learn. I love JCM but I do like our region.

Yanker, Yanker Yanker, You said that you thought JCM would beat Ridgeway,

I simply said, JCM beat Ridgeway? Not doubting the capabilities of JCM but simply thinking along with you about the fact that JCM may not be in full stride until later in the season, Ridgeway is aready there.

When was the last time you saw HC play? What do you think their strengths and weaknesses are? Are you going by what you hear or what you have seen? As for starting out with a win versus a loss, I believe we will win. If we slip up Friday and lose it will not affect our season because we have coaches who will prepare our boys mentally as well as physically for the next game. It is not a region game.

Welcome aboard Red Patriot! We love to hear from our Big Red faithful. If you have been a reader from the past, you will know that Yanker is often a pot stirrer!!! :lol:

The YANKER saw them last year against JCM. The strengths I saw were defensive line alone. I know HC has some key players returning and should have a very good team. Weaknesses last year included limited athletic ability, limited pain threshold, and very little team speed. Please understand that I measure everything against JCM, and compared to JCM, this is what I think.

I never got a response on the injury situation that the Sun referred to for the Melrose game. Does JCM players get injured, I thought they were too tough for that. Even tough players get injured. That was probably just another excuse for a loss, you normally have them, referees, injuries.

I hope that you keep that opinion. It will serve us well when you come to Patriot Stadium! I love being the underdog. After we beat Ridgeway Friday, I have a feeling we won't be able to keep the underdog thing going.

Ridgeway has too many athletes for HC although I do hope HC wins and represents our region well. Germantown, if they are typical, will be better prepared and very sound at this point in the season than JCM. I predict we will both lose but I hope we both win. I think JCM would beat Ridgeway and HC would beat Germantown. I wish that was the match-up so we could both open with a win. JCM has a better chance to pull off the upset than HC. Ridgeway is the best team of the four. Is it not better to start the season with a win versus ANYBODY than to start with a likely loss against a great team.? Poor scheduling, I'm afraid, will dash some hopes for each team. I do know this however...JCM beats HC this year, last year, and every year.

The bored guy, on another thread, says that Milan ran ove JCM and dominated them, is this true? Did you see the jamboree? Results are meaningless but when it is said that someone dominates another then it makes me wonder how good JCM is this year. I thought Milan was suppose to be average thsi year.

Something to be said about an early loss being demoralizing, but on the other hand it can be motivating. I don't plan to lose, but if we do, our guys won't like the taste of it. It might almost be worse to lose after the momentum is going. I'm not sure why you think we could beat Germantown and you Ridgeway but not the other way around. Explain what you mean, please.

Germantown, like HC, is not loaded with great athletes. Ridgeway and JCM both have a tremendous amount of talented athletes and lots of speed. The chances of JCM matching up with Ridgeway on talent and speed is more likely than HC.

I never got a response on the injury situation that the Sun referred to for the Melrose game. Does JCM players get injured, I thought they were too tough for that. Even tough players get injured. That was probably just another excuse for a loss, you normally have them, referees, injuries.

To what injuries do you refer? When I think of injuries my mind races back to the HC "stars" watching JCM win the region. Were they season ending injuries? I just happen to think that the typical JCM player is raised to be tougher than anyone else in the region and they handle pain better than most. Some injuries are disabling and do not allow the player to continue. No excuses here "Oh Anti-Prophetic One"...Don't need any. Why does the YANKER need an excuse for a victory over HC on Friday the 13th?

I hope that you keep that opinion. It will serve us well when you come to Patriot Stadium! I love being the underdog. After we beat Ridgeway Friday, I have a feeling we won't be able to keep the underdog thing going.

Do not count your chickens "Oh Red Patriot Underdoggy".

The bored guy, on another thread, says that Milan ran ove JCM and dominated them, is this true? Did you see the jamboree? Results are meaningless but when it is said that someone dominates another then it makes me wonder how good JCM is this year. I thought Milan was suppose to be average thsi year.

The YANKER could not attend but there is no concern here. A friend said that the offense struggled and is still trying to find its identity. The defense is rock solid but did allow a score. Milan is never average. The JCM defense will carry the team to the region title...including a victory at HC.

The YANKER could not attend but there is no concern here. A friend said that the offense struggled and is still trying to find its identity. The defense is rock solid but did allow a score. Milan is never average. The JCM defense will carry the team to the region title...including a victory at HC.

"Athletes" struggling to find their identity? One would think that pure athleticism would carry them to victory.

Does anyone know how many returning starters Ridgeway has? I know their running back is returning. What about quarterback, OL and DL? I know we will have our hands full, but Patriot Stadium will be full. Faithful fans will demand a loud crowd!!!! The 12th man may make the difference.