waverly/harpeth/perry co. scrimmage

Yea, it was Tuesday. I know that Harpeth didn't impress me what so ever Tuesday. They are slow, and cant tackle that great. Perry County, however, suprised me with their speed and their strange offensive sets. They weren't that great on defense though. Waverly was no question the better of the three, and showed just that. Waverly tackled well, didn't give them too much, except on that long Return from Perry Co.. Waverly also showed some aggresiveness in the passing game, that suprised me quite abit...looks like a good season in store for the Tigers!!

anybody heard results from this scrimmage. i believe it was on the 15th

HARPETH WAS BIG BUT A TOUCH UNDISCIPLINED. THEY HAVE A RB IN 24 THAT CAN REALLY BE A PLAYMAKER. PERRY COUNTY RUNS THE SINGLE WING AND IT CONFUSED EVERYONE EVEN THEIRSELVES AT TIMES. IF THEY PERFECT IT, IT COULD CAUSE PROBLEMS FOR OPPOSING TEAMS. WAVERLY LOOKED TO BE VERY FLAT WHEN THEY CAME OUT TO START, BUT THEY GOT BETTER AS THEY WENT ALONG. IF WAVERLY CAN STRAIGHTEN OUT THE QB AND GET THE OL AND DL LINE PLAYING MORE PHYSICAL THEY COULD MAKE SOME WAVES IN 6-2A THIS YEAR. :ph34r:

Yea, it was Tuesday. I know that Harpeth didn't impress me what so ever Tuesday. They are slow, and cant tackle that great. Perry County, however, suprised me with their speed and their strange offensive sets. They weren't that great on defense though. Waverly was no question the better of the three, and showed just that. Waverly tackled well, didn't give them too much, except on that long Return from Perry Co.. Waverly also showed some aggresiveness in the passing game, that suprised me quite abit...looks like a good season in store for the Tigers!!

What do you mean PC isn't very good on defense? Waverly only scored one TD on their 1st D and Harpeth didn't score at all.

i thought pc looked the best of the three. i am just as bias as you are. during 10 plays pc scored first on thier tenth play and then waverly scored on their tenth play. pc then scored on harpeth and harpeth could not score in ten plays. during regular play waverly did not score on pc because they fumbled in the red zone and pc took over and scored. with a three way scrimmage it is hard to tell what would happen if just the two were going at it.

pc defense looked weak at times. but they only allowed one touchdown vs both teams. a lot of misdirection on the offense, i just hope it doesnt confuse them selves as some one posted earlier.

go vikings :lol:

Edited by vikingpride

Sounds like Perry Co. is trying to find ways to become more competitive. A good single wing offense could do that for them.

Waverly will be fine this season. I really believe that they can compete in their current region.

Harpeth continues its downfall. It is a shame that a once proud program has sunk so low. "REDRUM"... an understatement