Huntingdon Jamboree

Here are the scores from the Huntingdon Jamboree........

Huntingdon-21

Ripley-0

Crockett County-14

Bruceton-0

West Carroll-22

Obion Central-21

McKenzie-20

Lexington-14

The McKenzie-Lexington score may or may not be right...I heard the score on a scoreboard show on the way home after watching OC-West Carroll..You know those shows can have wrong scores.....

I was a little surprised by the Huntingdon-Ripley score..I thought Ripley with the new coach and all would have put a little more fight than they did...

As far as the OC-West Carroll score..Some will look at it and think what in the world happened to the Rebels losing to the 1A War Eagles.....OC was up 21-0 after three series by the first string offense....The Rebels allowed 2 first downs on the first two plays of the game to West Caroll and after that WC did nothing offensively...OC was almost flawless on offense...Logan Parker ran for two TD's and Justin Ogden ran for another....Logan threw for nearly 100 yards and ran for about 75 out of the mid-line veer....Coach Darren Bowling yanked the starters with about 2 1/2 mins left in the opening 10 minute quarter and let the JV squad finish out the first quarter and the entire second quarter....West Carroll scored all three TD's on Central reserves......

Crockett Co. looked good they are going to be tough this year....They scored on their opening series and then watched as Bruceton drove the length of the field before running out of downs down around the Cavalier 20 yard line....

Edited by backinthaoc

Obion offense looked good. QB looked very good. I was impressed with the Obion Offense.

Ripley looked way down.

Huntingdon was a typically good Huntingdon team.

Bruceton will be solid in 1A.

I thought we (Crockett) did well. We had a lot of weapons on the field. If we can stay healthy, it could be fun to watch.

Obion offense looked good. QB looked very good. I was impressed with the Obion Offense.

Ripley looked way down.

Huntingdon was a typically good Huntingdon team.

Bruceton will be solid in 1A.

I thought we (Crockett) did well. We had a lot of weapons on the field. If we can stay healthy, it could be fun to watch.

From everyrhing I had heard about Ripley....I was just suprised at that score...Maybe Ripley was just not showing anything,but OC had scrimmaged Huntingdon last Friday and went tooth and nail with the Mustangs for 2 hours and tied them 2-2....I know Huntingdon is good they have athletes all over the field.....

Crockett did look good..J.Perry is a load at running back and R.Johnson looked even quicker than last year....Massey looks like he has recovered nicely from his broken leg..I was wondering..Was that Whitby that came in as reserve QB??..The program had him listed as #4,but the QB that came in was #16 and the program didn't have a #16 listed...

I was wondering about the score of this game, I heard it last night as I was in Hickman covering the SF/FC game. I thought that the starters might have had a short night. Next week, OC opens for real against a good Dresden team at Rebel Field in Troy, let's fill it up!!

GO REBELS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I was wondering about the score of this game, I heard it last night as I was in Hickman covering the SF/FC game. I thought that the starters might have had a short night. Next week, OC opens for real against a good Dresden team at Rebel Field in Troy, let's fill it up!!

GO REBELS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

VOREBS...The offense looked as sharp as I have seen them last night...Every play was for positive yardage...Logan misfired on only one pass..This was their third week in a row with a scrimmage on Friday,so they are in sort of a routine already...On defense,after the first two plays in which WC gained first down yardage,the Rebels stiffened up...Savion Hayslett had a monster sack,Jim Crackel had a big hit and then Savion and Garrett Grady teamed up on a War Eagle running back and devoured him....The offense did all they did without all-region back Jacob Fulbright,who didn't play because of a leg injury....He was walking the sidelines without a limp...I imagine he will be back soon,if not Friday night...Justin Ogden ran well in his place....Mark Grooms turned an ankle on the second play from scrimmage....That play made Bowling's decision easier on pulling the starters after they had scored three easy touchdowns....The loss is what it is...Just like a NFL preseason game...Why pull a Crockett Co and have an important player or players get hurt blowing a 1A team off the field in a jamboree??..(Massey getting hurt last year blowing out Bolivar)..OC came out in new blue football pants with their white jerseys..They also have new helmets with red facemasks instead of the black ones they have had the last couple of years....I will tell you this,I wouldn't want to be a JV player this week in practice...Those guys are the future....They are going to have to step it up...Big Time...Good to see you are back in the booth....Good Luck to you and Russ this year....

I also agree with you....Lets fill up the stands at Rebel Field Friday night...The Rebs got a talented Dresden club coming to town with their two all-staters....Heard they were very impressive last night over in Cross Plains....They beat East Roberson 37-13...This is going to be a fun year I think..The offense is going to move the ball and I think the defense will suprise a few and be pretty salty...

I was really impressed with Bruceton last night. They came right out of the box on their opening drive and drove all the way down to Crockets 25 yard line by using a very nice mixture of run and pass.

Mckenzie also impressed me by the way they ran the ball against lexington. Last year they averaged maybe 20 yards per game on the ground but last night they got that on the first two plays.

I was really impressed with Huntingdon's defense, but we have alot of work to do on the offensive side of the football. I have seen two scrimmages now and the running game has been completely mia. We have a lot of size on the offensive line but something just aint working right up there. Its really hard to tell anything without watching a film though.

Obion also really impressed with and i think there game with Dresden next week will be one of the best around. I saw the obion scrimmage against huntingdon and they seem to be way up this year but when you return 18 or so starters that usually happens.

Good luck to all the teams this year

Mckenzie also impressed me by the way they ran the ball against lexington. Last year they averaged maybe 20 yards per game on the ground but last night they got that on the first two plays.

McKenzie looked real good. Rogers and Carr looked great there, and they made some big plays. McKenzie looked deadly on offense with a 6'5 reciever lined up wide also. Lexington's youth really showed on d. But, they did show how much talent they had on offense. They will get more experience as the season goes on, and hopefullythey can get that defense and the running game going. Allen Threadgill looked good at QB, and the sophomore Colton Taylor looked great with the 2 td receptions.

Edited by montague1

Was that Whitby that came in as reserve QB??..The program had him listed as #4,but the QB that came in was #16 and the program didn't have a #16 listed...

That was not Whitby....He was on the sideline last night with an injury to the collarbone...it's not a break, but ligament damage around the collar bone.....#16 was Drew Speaker who is a freshman, which is why he wasn't on the program