Campbell County vs. Heritage

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Heritage has a good team this year as well as last. They play in the toughest Region in the State. Defense will have to step up if they are going to contend in there region. They are no Maryville or Oak Ridge, but Coach Rewis has them wanting to compete every Friday night. I was at the game Friday and they had a sideline full of players. When kids start wanting to play and you have the numbers, then the wins will start to come. Coach Rewis is committed and is also working in the lower programs as well. Given time he will build a winning team at Heritage. I hope they can make a run at the 4th playoff spot in the region. Good luck and have a good season Heritage.

Heritage 26

CC 14

Heritage has a good team this year as well as last. They play in the toughest Region in the State. Defense will have to step up if they are going to contend in there region. They are no Maryville or Oak Ridge, but Coach Rewis has them wanting to compete every Friday night. I was at the game Friday and they had a sideline full of players. When kids start wanting to play and you have the numbers, then the wins will start to come. Coach Rewis is committed and is also working in the lower programs as well. Given time he will build a winning team at Heritage. I hope they can make a run at the 4th playoff spot in the region. Good luck and have a good season Heritage.

Heritage 26

CC 14

That does sound alot like Campbell County. These are both eams on the verge.

Heritage has alot of good players in the pipeline. Remember the name Michael Cermak, he is only a freshman, but was the best back in the County last year.

He will make an impack as soon as he gets on the field. He played some at the end of the Seymour game at outside linebacker and did a great job. He will start before the end of the season. Those type of players have to be on the field somewhere. He is young but exciting to watch.

The cougar D gave up 236 yards on 32 rush attempts by LC, but 93 of those came on one play...cougar D must not give up long plays vs Heritage if they are to have a chance to win...defensively for the cougars it probably boils down to this: does teh talented Heritage running back ( #6 I think I read on a previous post) have the ability to break the long run? the cougar D gave up only 43 passing yards ( LC 3 completions--seven attemps--1 INT)...

so was teh cougar secondary challeged ...was there any kind of pressure on teh LC QB?

ofensively CC had 97 yard rushing on 32 carries...that averages out to only 3 yartds per carry...but passing teh cougars had 247 yards on 15 completions with only one INT...O-line must give stiner time to throw the ball...ball carriers must be more productive... a better running game will give stiner more time to set his feet and find his receivers...if not it could be a long night in teh Cougar Kingdom...

I wasnt at teh LC game and I probably wont be at the heritage game (close personal friend's mother passed away unexpectedly yesterday)...I am quite sure that Heritage will be much better than LC...but I also know teh old adage that a team improves more from game to game two than at any other time of the season which also applies to heritage as well as CC...

oh by teh way. a cougar and a panther is also known as a puma in certain sections of teh USA...cc was first give teh name Higlanders by the CC board of education...original colors were green and gray...this all changed a short peiod of time later when students at old Jacksboro and old LaFollette high schools appeared at a school board meeting and requested a chnage in the colors for their new schools (blue from Jacksboro--orange from LaFollette)...not real sure about the mascot change but do remember teh change being made that same night...

this will be a major challenge for the youngsters on the CC squad...a win would be great but the region is really tough...as far as heritage being in one of the toughest regions in the state, lots of regions can make that same claim...

no prediction but I will be pulling for the cougars/panthers/pumas to beat the boys from blount county highlands...

Wow apparently after one win we have a new Maryville on our hands with Heritage! Not that their is anything wrong with confidence, I think CC will win.

You will be wrong im telling you right now Campbell will not have an answer for Cody Lindsey. Campbell has improved a little bit but will not compete with Heritage for more than a half. Heritage won 4 games last year and should be able to win 5 this year because of all the talent lost everywhere else.

oh by teh way. a cougar and a panther is also known as a puma in certain sections of teh USA...cc was first give teh name Higlanders by the CC board of education...original colors were green and gray...this all changed a short peiod of time later when students at old Jacksboro and old LaFollette high schools appeared at a school board meeting and requested a chnage in the colors for their new schools (blue from Jacksboro--orange from LaFollette)...not real sure about the mascot change but do remember teh change being made that same night...

Nice post Peeblee. When did CCCHS open. Heritage opened in '77. I played against CCCHS during the '79, '80, '81 seasons at another school here in Blount County. We played twice up there. I am curious if anyone knows the all time records for both schools. Heritage had some good teams in the past. I think the '82 team was 10-0. That was the first year they ever beat Maryville.