Region 1-3A season discussion thread

KevB1990

Hey guys!

I've moved of course and know with being a professional driver for a trucking company I will need some help keeping tabs on Region 1-3A. Please let's keep this thread updated and above all else let's not bash each other...unless it is warranted of course LOL!

Good luck to all the teams...let's get some of our schools in the second round this year eh?

:thumb:

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A slow start in the AAC in week 0, all 3 teams playing went down.

Pigeon Forge let Tellico get away 19-21.

Seymour fell to Heritage 15-28.

Rutledge got clipped by Cherokee 8-14.

Seems like both Seymour and Rutledge improved their situations in the opener this year, and maybe PF is still adjusting to their new head coach. I think it will be highly competitive region this year, as far as advancing into the 2nd round that's TBD.

Week 1 Games in the AAC

Carter at South-Doyle (3-4A)

Pigeon Forge at Meigs County (3-3A)

Rutledge at Cumberland Gap (2-2A)

Gibbs hosts Scott Co (2-3A)

Seymour at Cocke Co (2-4A)

Claiborne Hosts Thomas Walker, VA

Union Co at CAK (2-2A/3A)

In unrelated news for KEVB Carter named yet another basketball coach this week Tony Buell from Washburn & Walters State takes over.

(4 coaches in 5 seasons let the merry-go-round spin)

A slow start in the AAC in week 0, all 3 teams playing went down.

Pigeon Forge let Tellico get away 19-21.

Seymour fell to Heritage 15-28.

Rutledge got clipped by Cherokee 8-14.

Seems like both Seymour and Rutledge improved their situations in the opener this year, and maybe PF is still adjusting to their new head coach. I think it will be highly competitive region this year, as far as advancing into the 2nd round that's TBD.

Week 1 Games in the AAC

Carter at South-Doyle (3-4A)

Pigeon Forge at Meigs County (3-3A)

Rutledge at Cumberland Gap (2-2A)

Gibbs hosts Scott Co (2-3A)

Seymour at Cocke Co (2-4A)

Claiborne Hosts Thomas Walker, VA

Union Co at CAK (2-2A/3A)

In unrelated news for KEVB Carter named yet another basketball coach this week Tony Buell from Washburn & Walters State takes over.

(4 coaches in 5 seasons let the merry-go-round spin)

Y'all treat Buell good down there Hornet.

He's got a lot of knowledge to give to the kids at Carter if they'll be patient with him. Not that it means a great deal in the grand scheme, but he had very competitive teams at Washburn with the exception of current head coach Aaron Clay is only one of like 4 or 5 coaches in the school's history to have a career record over .500 I believe.

He was an all-around scrappy player at Rutledge in the mid-80s, has a really competitive streak about him and has just been looking for an opportunity to coach in high school again. I really think he'll fit in well in Straw Plains.

What was Flatford's deal? I thought that was exactly the situation he wanted to go into with a bigger school...

Anyway, back on topic. From reports I got and the game story Rutledge had some trouble in the red zone on offense, but played extremely well on defense except for the trick play that Cherokee scored the winning touchdown on. That's a tough way to lose, but not an earth-shattering defeat.

He probably won't like me saying it, but big brother was something like 6-8 for close to 200 yards and 3 touchdowns in his debut against Gibbs in 99...they lost the game which they never should have because Gibbs was just abyssmal that year.

Yeah he's gonna be something special. He almost tied the school record for 3's made in a game last season playing against Cosby I think at that Union County tournament. Had 30...hope that he's ready for lots of box and one and other combination defenses...

Edited by KevB1990

• 2 weeks later...

We're falling down on the discussion folks...

Rutledge scored an impressive win over Pigeon Forge on Friday night. Gibbs had a fantastic individual performance from their QB and Carter's defense still hasn't allowed a point. Seymour was in non-region action and represented well with a dominating performance over Powell Valley (VA)

We need some more folks discussing!

Region 1-3A Week 2 Player of the week

Gibbs QB Aaron Large

Last Week

Carter shutout Claiborne 20-0

Gibbs passes by Union Co 29-14

Rutledge upset Pigeon Forge 36-15

Seymour defeats Powell Valley (VA) 38-7

CURRENT REGION STANDINGS

Carter 2-0 (1-0)

Rutledge 2-1 (1-0)

Gibbs 1-1 (1-0)