Region 1-3A season discussion thread

KevB1990

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Let's get a little discussion going y'all!

Week 3 games...

Rutledge entertains South Greene with both schools coming off lopsided wins last week. The Pioneers will get a physical challenge from the Rebels as well as an inspired group still saddened by the death of a former player and their former head coach still fighting for his life following an accident involving both. The Pioneers won't see a spread offense like the last two weeks...hopefully that's a good thing.

Claiborne will get well against Chuckey-Doak. The Bulldogs got a little reality check last week against Carter, but should rebound to knock off the Black Knights of Afton.

Pigeon Forge falls to 0-4 when they tangle with the boys from The Mountain Thicket in the other Sevier Co. tourist trap city. It's not looking real good at this point for the Tigers with Carter coming in next week before a bye.

UC takes on Greenback in what is going to be the season's first win for one team. The Pats are in Maynardville which gives them close to a 7-point swing in most years. The Cherokees are inexplicably 0-3 after losing badly to South Pittsburg, Loudon and Sunbright?

Carter gets their home opener against Cocke Co. The Hornets should have no problem with the new regime directing the Fighting Cocks. They just need to avoid injuries.

Gibbs renews their Battle of Emory Road with Halls. This has shocker potential for the Eagles, who have only won once over the Red Devils in like 20 years or so, but it'd be hard to go against Halls in this one-sided rivalry. We'll see how Halls' pass defense is for sure.

Seymour gets the week off before heading to Rutledge for a sure-fire slobber-knocker.

Just random thoughts...any others?

Edited by KevB1990

Great job KevB1990

I look to see this be a sweep for your picks.

Running Riot is just mad. Scott Co. would probably not make the playoffs in region 1-3A either. They will probably finish in the basement again with a 2-9 record unless they manage to get by Taft. Thier struggle against bottom dwellar teams shows us all that they would be lucky to get a win against anyone. I do wish the Highlanders well though. It is to bad he hasn't figure out he is the pot calling the kettle black.

I wasn't trying for it, but I did get a sweep.

Rutledge 27, South Greene 0

Carter 34, Cocke Co. 0

Halls 48, Gibbs 6

G-P 45, PF 12

Claiborne 41, C-D 0

Standings

Carter 3-0, 1-0

Rutledge 3-1, 1-0

Gibbs 1-2, 1-0

Seymour 2-1, 0-0

Claiborne 2-1, 0-1

Union Co. 1-2, 0-1

Pigeon Forge 0-4, 0-1

Next week's games

Carter at Pigeon Forge

Clainborne at Union Co.

CAK at Gibbs

Game of the Week

Seymour at Rutledge

This week big matchup with Pigeon Forge hosting the Green Hornets of Carter. This has been a great series over the past couple of years. The Hornets are looking to keep thier winning ways against the Tigers. While the Tigers are looking to change things. Carter by 14.

Another good matchup is Seymour with Rutledge. Seymour by 6.

Union Co. falls to Claiborne by 12.

Gibbs loses to CAK by 1.

I think this region may come down to Carter and Rutledge. Despite a lot of off-season hype, PF hasn't shown anything on the field yet this fall. Losing that bad to Pittman says it all. Carter's hasn't exactly faced juggernaut offenses, but their defense is pretty good, and has yet to give up a point, and the offense showed signs of life in the 2nd half last week.

Overall, this is a really, really weak region. Last year I thought Carter might have snuck in as high as a #3 seed in Region 2 (depending on how things fell out week by week), but I don't know if any of these teams would make the playoffs in region 2 this year.

I think this region may come down to Carter and Rutledge. Despite a lot of off-season hype, PF hasn't shown anything on the field yet this fall. Losing that bad to Pittman says it all. Carter's hasn't exactly faced juggernaut offenses, but their defense is pretty good, and has yet to give up a point, and the offense showed signs of life in the 2nd half last week.

Overall, this is a really, really weak region. Last year I thought Carter might have snuck in as high as a #3 seed in Region 2 (depending on how things fell out week by week), but I don't know if any of these teams would make the playoffs in region 2 this year.

I like how you think Solomon, but I will wait until the outcome of the Rutledge/Seymour game to see who challenges Carter. I also think that after Fulton and Catholic Region 2 is not like it used to be...Kingston is showing sings of a rebirth but AC and AE are down...not like they have been in a long time.

I like how you think Solomon, but I will wait until the outcome of the Rutledge/Seymour game to see who challenges Carter. I also think that after Fulton and Catholic Region 2 is not like it used to be...Kingston is showing sings of a rebirth but AC and AE are down...not like they have been in a long time.

I agree about Region 2. Catholic and Fulton are heads and shoulders above everyone else around here in 3A, but there is a substantial drop off after that. I do not think AE will make the playoffs. If they do, it will be as a 4 seed. If they get the 3, that will definitely show how much that region has dropped off as a whole.

Carter is very inexperienced, especially on the line, and in a lot of ways still trying to find their identity on offense. I think they may have. They've improved a whole lot between weeks 1 and 3, and I think the offense will only get better. I do think they will win the region again, and given their schedule, can go 9-1 again.

Didn't make any predictions for this week's action due to time on the road, but for all intents and purposes I would've missed on Claiborne and Union because it's always like Union gets over on the Bulldogs.

Recap...

Carter 64, Pigeon Forge 12 (uuuuggggghhhhh...)

CAK 28, Gibbs 0

Claiborne 32, Union 10

GOTW

Rutledge 20, Seymour 17 in double overtime.

Standings

Carter 4-0, 2-0

Rutledge 4-1, 2-0

Gibbs 1-3, 1-0

Claiborne 3-1, 1-1

Seymour 2-2, 0-1

Union Co. 1-3, 0-2

Pigeon Forge 0-5, 0-2

Edited by KevB1990

This week big matchup with Pigeon Forge hosting the Green Hornets of Carter. This has been a great series over the past couple of years. The Hornets are looking to keep thier winning ways against the Tigers. While the Tigers are looking to change things. Carter by 14.

Another good matchup is Seymour with Rutledge. Seymour by 6.

Union Co. falls to Claiborne by 12.

Gibbs loses to CAK by 1.

Hey Leonard...

Not to get on you too bad, but do you now understand why I said you were severely underestimating Rutledge in the preseason?