Jeff County vs Mo West

JC4life

West fans should get there early, seating on the visitor's side is at a premium.

True. The NATION will be there and it WILL be packed. We took a pretty good size student section all the way to Swain Co. NC last week. We should easily have 3, 4 times as many at this game.

Good luck to Jeff Co. though... Their coach is a class act.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Both McFall and Brooks have been strapped up and hitting this week in practice. They will be on the field Friday night.

There were 41 kids at practice yesterday so numbers have stayed consistent throughout the past couple of weeks. I know they are down from the 48 that went to camp because several quit because of injuries and I guess a couple of more just didn't want to play anymore. Other than that, there is stability this year that wasn't there last. Hopefully a couple more solid classes with little turnover and numbers will be back up to normal. There are still only about 10 seniors on this year's squad.

People get the impression that I am against Jeff County because I`m critical of some things that have gone on over the last few years, but that couldn`t be further from the truth. The truth is I want Jeff County to succeed has much as any other Pats fan. The truth also is that there are standards that have to be kept. Standards that extend from the fans to the coaches and players. When you put that Patriot uniform on you choose to accept those standards, the same as when you walk out as the teams coach you accept those standards. The players and coaches don`t just represent themselves and their current team, but every player and coach that has come through the program. When I think there is something that is jeopardizing those standards I have ZERO problem calling it what it is, and I don`t give two craps if it makes me unpopular. I won`t tow the company line while the ship sinks, the person that doesn`t tow the company line is always unpopular and always gets attacked and I`ve accepted that.

Back to the game, as always the Mo West Jeff County game will be decided in the trenches. If the Pats get the same Jekyll and Hyde act from both the offensive and defensive line it will be a long night and the game could get ugly quick. Word is West has a stout d-line so the Pats o-line will have their work cut out for them depending on how we decided to attack West. I can already tell you that if we try pound the rock and ball control the whole game like we have the last two years we will lose. We don`t have the line to pound on teams, we do however have the line for a quick passing game, option, and any speed running plays. If we run sweeps and draws all night we`ll get killed on offense, there won`t be enough time.

If we run those long play fake plays where the WR is running deep crossing routes all night we`ll get killed on offense and might as well punt to West on 1st down. Quick hitting plays are the way we have a chance, you can control the clock in more ways than running up the middle. Sevier Co in 98-00 control the clock with a quick passing game made up of slants, stops, outs, and posts, they`d mix in a draw or option and rode that offense to a state championship. Now whether or not Coach Euverard wants to run that type of offense has yet to be seen, we`ll find out friday night. On defense all the Pats need is the will to get it done, they have the speed in the secondary, and good enough size up front. They play mean and smart they`ll be fine, Coach Smoot generally has his guys in the right spot, they just have to step up to make the play.

what exactly is a "speed running play". what qualifies you to make such observations.

ok just checking, thought you had just invented a new football term there. maybe you should share your expert knowledge and coach somewhere, or just kill yourself, whatever strikes your fancy.

Alittle out of line.

Anway, can't wait for the Trojan Nation to take the Trojan Train into Dumplin' Valley tomorrow night. The visitor's side will be packed and the TN is gonna' be rockin'. And if you're a student..There is a 5th Quarter at Alpha Baptist Church right after the game, so come by for free food.

TROJAN NATION!

ok just checking, thought you had just invented a new football term there. maybe you should share your expert knowledge and coach somewhere, or just kill yourself, whatever strikes your fancy.

Ahhhh, another gem of a post. Hey there is a scroll bar to your right, feel free to scroll right past any posts you don`t like. I`ll try dumbing down my post in the future so dim witted individuals like yourself can keep up.