Smyrna vs. brentwood

mtsugrad05

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Smyrna really struggled with the cramps throughout the game Friday night. Shadrake, Wilks, and even Crouch (come on underDawgs....you were laying some good wood in the secondary, but you started cramping too on that blown dead fumble recovery) left with some heat related issues. One thing about Brentwood is that they will be in quality shape. I really like Smyrna in this game because they just have better players, but it would not surprise me one bit if Crawford pulls this one out.

I guarantee you that Sonny will see more than two coverages this week.

Hey Underdawgs, I got a scheme question for you? Why did you guys not attack the seam more against LaVergne. They were walking the DE out on you in the slot, but you were getting the free release against what looked like Cover Three in the first half. After you cleared down the seam 10 yards, poor #4 was in trouble all day because Rod was killing the Corner and he was shading that side, but Shad never attacked it.

Now I realize that you don't call the plays, but I just had to ask. You could have had 150 yards against that poor scheme LaVergne was running.

Let me clear something up on cramps here once and for all

cramps have absolutely nothing to do with being in shape period.

I have researched and even spoken on numerous times with exercise physiologist as well as the folks at the gatorade institute

Think about it when is the last time you saw huge lineman down with cramps? It is usually the most in shape and heres the key low body fat players that have cramps due to a loss of electrolytes especially sodium ( not potassium as many think)

The lower the body fat plus the heat plus a lot of running and sweating will always greatly increase your chance of cramps.

Just a few tips

1. Game day - drink gatorade and leave off the water gatorade has plenty of water in the mixture and by drinking water you actually decrease your sodium even more.

2. Here is what gatorade recommends for chronic crampers -- add I packet of salt ( like you find in a restaraunt) with each gator ade on game day and salt your food moderately that day.

cramps are caused by loss of sodium pure and simple

Mcnine - good post on the type defense Lavergne played and you are right Crawford will certainly line up in more than 2 different fronts

As I said earlier Lavergned had 2 defenses

a. the defensive lineup that was easy to pass on

b. the defensive line up that was easy to run on

I expect Brentwood to be good but I really believe smyrna has to many horses this yr for them to handle.

Smyrna really struggled with the cramps throughout the game Friday night. Shadrake, Wilks, and even Crouch (come on underDawgs....you were laying some good wood in the secondary, but you started cramping too on that blown dead fumble recovery) left with some heat related issues. One thing about Brentwood is that they will be in quality shape. I really like Smyrna in this game because they just have better players, but it would not surprise me one bit if Crawford pulls this one out.

Hey Underdawgs, I got a scheme question for you? Why did you guys not attack the seam more against LaVergne. They were walking the DE out on you in the slot, but you were getting the free release against what looked like Cover Three in the first half. After you cleared down the seam 10 yards, poor #4 was in trouble all day because Rod was killing the Corner and he was shading that side, but Shad never attacked it.

Now I realize that you don't call the plays, but I just had to ask. You could have had 150 yards against that poor scheme LaVergne was running.

im sure that the smyrna coaches saw that and made adjustments at halftime but with rod not playing the second half at all it took some stress off of the lavergne defence and im sure smyrna didnt want to show some things if they didnt have to.

i dont know why we didnt throw the out or the seam more, the d end was giving free realeses to us all night and i was open a couple of time alot..but u have to understand when u have a dominate force like rod and what he was doin friday night its hard to look any other way..i was pleased with the way sonny saw the field..i have played that position b4 and i know how hard it is to see certine things..but we could have put the saftey on a island all night long..that was our game plan..we knew they werent gonna get any pressure onthe inside slot..and we made the free choose his posion..and rod gave him a doce..but williams played a EXCELLENT game at free for lhs..but mc9 i know what u r saying..but i was just happy with the win and didnt care who got the ball really....

and i know i hate that i caught some cramps..i caught a lower body cramp where everything from waist down locked on me at half..and i can honestly say i didnt drink one coke during that week...ate a bananna everyday at lunch and even drunk a glass of water b4 i went to bed at night..so thats still a mystery to me tho..lol

Let me clear something up on cramps here once and for all

cramps have absolutely nothing to do with being in shape period.

I have researched and even spoken on numerous times with exercise physiologist as well as the folks at the gatorade institute

Think about it when is the last time you saw huge lineman down with cramps? It is usually the most in shape and heres the key low body fat players that have cramps due to a loss of electrolytes especially sodium ( not potassium as many think)

The lower the body fat plus the heat plus a lot of running and sweating will always greatly increase your chance of cramps.

Just a few tips

1. Game day - drink gatorade and leave off the water gatorade has plenty of water in the mixture and by drinking water you actually decrease your sodium even more.

2. Here is what gatorade recommends for chronic crampers -- add I packet of salt ( like you find in a restaraunt) with each gator ade on game day and salt your food moderately that day.

cramps are caused by loss of sodium pure and simple

Mcnine - good post on the type defense Lavergne played and you are right Crawford will certainly line up in more than 2 different fronts

As I said earlier Lavergned had 2 defenses

a. the defensive lineup that was easy to pass on

b. the defensive line up that was easy to run on

I expect Brentwood to be good but I really believe smyrna has to many horses this yr for them to handle.

that is very true..................i never really thought about a lineman catching a cramp.....but i figured it wasnt about being in shape already.........all the best atheletes are the ones with cramps....go figure :thumb:

Guess i'll represent the Brentwood side...

It is true that we return 6 starters overall. Our WR to QB swap (Hayes) slot receiver (Webber) and our offensive quards who moved to tackles (Carter and Stone) are on offense and DE to LB (norfleet) along with Naish *injured* who played safety last year and will return for Franklin.

Unlike a typical Brentwood team, the Bruins opened up with 6 run plays for 40 yards and stuffed it into the endzone on their first offensive series. (They also scored on the opening kickoff return) They are looking to expand their offense with bigger packages and a more physical front.

Throughout the Preseason and last week it's prevalent that our offensive line is the strong point and that right now our defense is not nearly as prepared as the Smyrna game last year.

Look for Hayes to have a better game at QB and our receivers to start putting up better numbers. (#12 Fugate dropped two passes that would have gone for TD's last week)

I had heard brentwood still spreads you out but will be a little more run oriented especially early in the season.

My bet is they will try to run as much as possible Friday night and shorten the game but will still throw it in spots.

Smyrna is loaded with weapons on offense in both the passing and running game

wr - rod wilks one of the best in the state and will be one of the top prospects in the country next yr

we had 3 other wr catch more than 3 passes so our qb spreads it around

both tbs ruxhed for over 140 yrds each and as a team smyrna averaged 9.7 yrds per carry

Brentwood and coach crawford will be preparred defensively for Smyrna and will show multiple fronts and blitzes to try to disrupt the offense

Smyrna has showed they are willing to take what defenses give them and the qb has the green light to check off based on the defensive set up is on each play.

I look for a tough game, but for this year I believe Smyrna returning virtually its entire team from 05 as well as 24 seniors will have to many horses for brentwood

this go around.

But I guess that is why thye make you play the games.