Lexington at Riverside

Solomon

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Any updates????

Lexington wins 27-0.

Senior FB Blake Smith and sophmore Bradley Gordon each had 109 yards nd 2 TDs. Colton Taylor has held in check on offense for most of the game, but he drecord 12 tackles on defense.

Riverside was good on offense between the 20's. It just seems like they couldnt get the ball in the endzone. They had a good drive at the end of the half, and got down to Lexington's 3 yard line, but just couldnt put it in.

Good Job Tigers :thumb:

Lexington wins 27-0.

Senior FB Blake Smith and sophmore Bradley Gordon each had 109 yards nd 2 TDs. Colton Taylor has held in check on offense for most of the game, but he drecord 12 tackles on defense.

Riverside was good on offense between the 20's. It just seems like they couldnt get the ball in the endzone. They had a good drive at the end of the half, and got down to Lexington's 3 yard line, but just couldnt put it in.

Good Job Tigers :thumb:

Very nice!

Each team had so many turnovers that this game could have been 14-7.

Lexington does have their hands full the next two weeks though. I feel that both Liberty and Humboldt will be much improved over last season.

With FW being 2-0 and Bolivar coming off an upset win too, I think the Lexington/Liberty game could have a huge impace on the playoffs, even in Week 2. Lexington needs to come out of this one with a W.

And I don't think any team in Region 6 goes undefeated.

Lexington does have their hands full the next two weeks though. I feel that both Liberty and Humboldt will be much improved over last season.

With FW being 2-0 and Bolivar coming off an upset win too, I think the Lexington/Liberty game could have a huge impace on the playoffs, even in Week 2. Lexington needs to come out of this one with a W.

And I don't think any team in Region 6 goes undefeated.

Yep. You're right on that. I think Liberty is much better than what they showed friday night, and Humbodlt is not playing to all that potential that they have over there.

Bolivar's win was nice, but Hardin Co. is WAY overrated so I'm still not sold on Bolivar.

FW is the one that will cause problems for everybody. The talent and the coaching is there, yet they may come out and drop 50 points on you or they might lay an egg you never know. I think when FW and Jackson South Side meet in a few weeks that it will have a huge impact on this region.

The bright spot for Lexington is seeing the young guys develop and get a grasp on the game. Freshman standout Stu Jones got in and got a INT last night, and I look for him to get better as the season goes on.

Edited by montague1

Yep. You're right on that. I think Liberty is much better than what they showed friday night, and Humbodlt is not playing to all that potential that they have over there.

Bolivar's win was nice, but Hardin Co. is WAY overrated so I'm still not sold on Bolivar.

FW is the one that will cause problems for everybody. The talent and the coaching is there, yet they may come out and drop 50 points on you or they might lay an egg you never know. I think when FW and Jackson South Side meet in a few weeks that it will have a huge impact on this region.

The bright spot for Lexington is seeing the young guys develop and get a grasp on the game. Freshman standout Stu Jones got in and got a INT last night, and I look for him to get better as the season goes on.

Apparently FW is running a lot of the T-formation this year. Not this fancy new age winged-T garbage, but the good old fashioned T that you and I boith know.

By the way, I'm making our buddy a note for his next coaching gig in case he starts to get to fancy that says "WWSD?" - "What would Stowe Do?" :huh:

By the way, I'm making our buddy a note for his next coaching gig in case he starts to get to fancy that says "WWSD?" - "What would Stowe Do?" :huh:

:lol::lol: That is funny. But what would the answers be

A. 31 Trap

B. Dive

C. Pitch Sweep

D. All of the Above

Just imagine what we would have looked like with more than 3 plays. :thumb: