Henry County at Dickson County

wingman

He is our man and the team is on his shoulders. We have other threats, but without McNaril we win maybe 6. With him we will win 9.

After what I saw last Friday, no reason we don't win the next nine. Like I have said before, Melrose here we come. Watch out Maryville we are on the way.

No contest in this game. HC 38 Dickson 10

I think there is a definite contest in this game. After talking to the coaches, Dickson Co. is tough. The always play hard-nosed football and seem to have a lot of weapons this year. We are going to be on top of our game to pull this one off.

• Replies 293
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yanker, where are you?

The YANKER has an unusually busy work week but I am actually waiting for someone to say something foolish so I can straighten them out in pure YANKER fashion. Since little was being said my "YANKER seeking" friend, there was little for the YANKER to say.

Take away the TD that followed that 90 yard run, and we still lose by 3. Our offense has got to produce more than 7 points. Calvin has to play up to his potential. I am not saying I blame him for a loss, but this season is mainly on his shoulders.

You should merely be thankful that he finished the game on the field instead of the sidelines my "Patriotically Prideful" friend.

He is our man and the team is on his shoulders. We have other threats, but without McNaril we win maybe 6. With him we will win 9.

After what I saw last Friday, no reason we don't win the next nine. Like I have said before, Melrose here we come. Watch out Maryville we are on the way.

No contest in this game. HC 38 Dickson 10

When you say 9-1 you include a win over JCM my "O-ful" friend. That is a ridiculous comment to make since JCM has and always will OWN HC. How do you base a 9-1 season on 17-7 loss. Yes, you played a very good team but you better wait a few weeks before you predict 9-1...in fact, you better wait until 10/13/2006!!!

I have to say that "the prophet is a wise man" no one plays for moral victories. I would agree that Henry County has no reason to hang their head, but their is still a great amount of work to do. In my oppinion there are two types of players in any sport those who like to win and those who hate to lose! I, for one hope that our guys in red are the latter. I hope that all of the negativity that I read on other threads subsides and in the arm chair coaches quietly disagree about play calling to themselves and loudly cheer for the young men who are playing their butts off. I am expecting a close game because the last two years the games have been extremely close. I think two years ago the score was 10-3 and last year 19-16. My prediction is 14-6, Henry County retaining the barrel. From Puryear to Springville. From Paris Landing to Henry it's Football time in Henry County! Thank God and lets pass the ammunition! Looking forward to the road trip! :lol:

This post makes a little more sense than the "O-someOne". Be careful on here my "Personificational Wonder", because you will be corrupted by those who apparently cannot think.

I think there is a definite contest in this game. After talking to the coaches, Dickson Co. is tough. The always play hard-nosed football and seem to have a lot of weapons this year. We are going to be on top of our game to pull this one off.

Some of your fans have little respect for DC my "Highly contestable-Coach Talking-Tough Calling-Rock Nosed-Arsenal Locating-Game Pulling" friend. This fact may cost you and could modify the YANKER's upcoming prediction.

I like the idea that HC is playing game 2 and DC is playing game 1. The barrel needs to stay Red, White and Blue.

Some of your fans have little respect for DC my "Highly contestable-Coach Talking-Tough Calling-Rock Nosed-Arsenal Locating-Game Pulling" friend. This fact may cost you and could modify the YANKER's upcoming prediction.

Does that mean that if it is a fact that some of JCM fans have little respect for HC that you might modify Yanker's postion for week 8???? ;):D:D

OOPPSSS, forgot, I meant to keep my comments to the game at hand, sorry!

Good to hear from you, Adjective-Laden One.

I have to say that "the prophet is a wise man" no one plays for moral victories. I would agree that Henry County has no reason to hang their head, but their is still a great amount of work to do. In my oppinion there are two types of players in any sport those who like to win and those who hate to lose! I, for one hope that our guys in red are the latter. I hope that all of the negativity that I read on other threads subsides and in the arm chair coaches quietly disagree about play calling to themselves and loudly cheer for the young men who are playing their butts off. I am expecting a close game because the last two years the games have been extremely close. I think two years ago the score was 10-3 and last year 19-16. My prediction is 14-6, Henry County retaining the barrel. From Puryear to Springville. From Paris Landing to Henry it's Football time in Henry County! Thank God and lets pass the ammunition! Looking forward to the road trip! ;)

i too am a "hate to lose" guy, but i have heard the argument that if you "hate to lose", in a close game that you are slightly ahead, you will play not to lose instead of playing to win. what are your thoughts.

i think HC's offense will be more effective this week and may score off of Defense and/or special teams. 27-10 HC.

Does that mean that if it is a fact that some of JCM fans have little respect for HC that you might modify Yanker's postion for week 8???? ;):D:D

OOPPSSS, forgot, I meant to keep my comments to the game at hand, sorry!

Good to hear from you, Adjective-Laden One.

JCM fans have more respect for HC than we had a year ago my "Wingful Wonder". JCM fans also EXPECT a victory over HC and ALWAYS expect to win the region title. Do not apologize for your timely "OOPPSSS" Oh Winged One! You have made the YANKER's day! In addition, week 8 AND game 9 will be a double loss for you. The "INCOMPARABLE YANKER" has spoken!!!!!

i too am a "hate to lose" guy, but i have heard the argument that if you "hate to lose", in a close game that you are slightly ahead, you will play not to lose instead of playing to win. what are your thoughts.

i think HC's offense will be more effective this week and may score off of Defense and/or special teams. 27-10 HC.

The YANKER is a "HATE to lose" guy. There is some accuracy to what you say my "Butterful Beanery" friend. Let me take your thoughts a step further to an area you will not like but is the truth. When you play JCM in October, it will not matter if you play to win or if you play not to lose. The end result will be that you will LOSE trying to win, or you will LOSE trying not to lose. In some games it may have an impact on the outcome, in the case of that game, it will not. The YANKER has spoken, and even if you do not like the content, you must appreciate the truth of the AMAZING YANKER!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Guest Redpridepersonified

A person who hates to lose will [/u]always play to win. Micheal Jordan was the perfect example. If Micheal lost he worked harder not to lose. Tiger Wood might also fit in that category. Those who hate to lose will go to great lengths to prepare themselves so that they don't feel the feeling of a loss. Society has tried to teach people that play and have fun. Winning is not everything. Well its not, but if it doesn't matter then don't keep score! ;) Hope that helps thats my feelings anyway.