Henry County at Dickson County

wingman

It is Rivalry Week early in the season for these 2 teams. HC second game and DC first game. DC fired up for first game and you know Cougers want the barrel back in Dickson. HC will be fired up after tough loss to Ridgeway and you know Pats will play to keep the barrel in Henry County. Should be a fun game to watch.

• Replies 293
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It is Rivalry Week early in the season for these 2 teams. HC second game and DC first game. DC fired up for first game and you know Cougers want the barrel back in Dickson. HC will be fired up after tough loss to Ridgeway and you know Pats will play to keep the barrel in Henry County. Should be a fun game to watch.

Hey, Wingman! The poll has DC beating us (64% in their favor). I have heard that they are much improved over last year, and we had quite a battle then. I guess with this kind of rivalry, it is always hard to predict. I may be stupid, but I thought we looked pretty darn good Friday night. Of course, I would have preferred a win. We had less size, less speed, and more players going both ways. We still gave a great team a great game. What did you think?

What about you, Yanker? What was your opinion? I hope you were treated well.

Edited by realredpride

Glad to be on a new thread! This should be another great test for our team. I don't understand 64% picking DC, probably just because most folks will just pick the home team. But I don't doubt for a second that we will be ready to retain the barrell!

I would imagine that Dickson was one of the folks in the stands scouting us from the Ridgeway side. I hope they were some of the ones saying they didn't like what they saw!

RedPride, we will be much more evenly matched this week. In fact, it may be more in our favor when it comes to size and speed - definitely when it comes to speed. As for our players going both ways, we were much better conditioned than ever before. We lost last week primarily because of two plays and missed opportunities IMO. This week should be the start of us rattling off a long string of wins!!!

Hey, Wingman! The poll has DC beating us (64% in their favor). I have heard that they are much improved over last year, and we had quite a battle then. I guess with this kind of rivalry, it is always hard to predict. I may be stupid, but I thought we looked pretty darn good Friday night. Of course, I would have preferred a win. We had less size, less speed, and more players going both ways. We still gave a great team a great game. What did you think?

All our non region games seem to be tough. This one is no exception. Should be a good game. I would look for a large and loud HC crowd making their way to Dickson. Have you heard what their D line looks like this year?

All our non region games seem to be tough. This one is no exception. Should be a good game. I would look for a large and loud HC crowd making their way to Dickson. Have you heard what their D line looks like this year?

Wingman, I have heard that DC is small this year all the way around. Have you heard this. How about you RedPride? Of course being "small" doesn't necessarily mean much. We were certainly small compared to Ridgeway!!!

Any Dickson County fans on board? what are your thoughts on this game? who are your impact player? size / quickness. give us some heads up on what to expect. HC is average size on OL and DL with lots of quickness on D and good pursuit. very good at skilled positions. does anyone have an injury update on HC? look forward to another PHYSICAL game this friday. i woke up saturday morning sore from the Ridgeway game - and i was in the stands! very physical game.

I gave my opinion on the other thread and it is there for all to see and read. In fact, there has been so much reading activity with respect to the YANKER's response that Coacht was forced to shut down the thread. After the YANKER sums a game up, what's left to say?

Any Dickson County fans on board? what are your thoughts on this game? who are your impact player? size / quickness. give us some heads up on what to expect. HC is average size on OL and DL with lots of quickness on D and good pursuit. very good at skilled positions. does anyone have an injury update on HC? look forward to another PHYSICAL game this friday. i woke up saturday morning sore from the Ridgeway game - and i was in the stands! very physical game.

No real injuries to speak of. Talked to the doc after the game and Saturday morning and all in all, we fared very well in the injury department. She commented specifically on the lack of cramps this year! I think there were only 3 cramps the whole game. But yes, it was very physical!

I wish I knew more about DC. If it is like normal years in this rivalry, there won't be any shortage of physicalness in this one either!!!

I was curious about the offense of henry county. Are they running the same stuff as last year? The Qb is he still running alot .

offense looked alot like last year, except with more weapons. QB does run but also passes well. other backs will get alot of carries. defense was a concern for me, but after the Ridgeway game - this defense will hold their own this year.